• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PlatinumGames // Strategic Bomba Command // non-stop climatic bloody minded self-publishing action. // P* Origins: Clover & the Lost Okami sequel.

"Whadya buyin!? Heard that in a game once."

• Bayonetta 3 (Switch)

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • NieR Automata The End of YorHA Edition (Switch)

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • "Flock off, feather-face!" I'm buying all of the above.

Votes: 32 43.8%
  • Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon (Switch)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Put your foot down, Cheshire! I'll take care of our little pest problem." Buying all three.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • NieR Miss, Pass the Bayo! - getting Bayonetta 3 & Bayonetta Origins.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nintendo is not gonna back a multiplatform project for PlatinumGames.
That said, I expect them to continue working with Nintendo for 2-3 new exclusive games on Switch 2.
That's why I said multiplatform OR Nintendo-exclusive. But targeted for Nintendo's hardware, regardless, to keep the scope reasonable. I think Platinum's wheelhouse is the linear action/adventure game. Something that wouldn't be out of place in the PS2/PS3 era.

Their ambitions might not be fully satisfied by that, but how many devs really make that type of game anymore?

Cereza was a real breath of fresh air. Nothing boundary-breaking, but a unique gem, in the context of today's market.

Anyway, I agree that they'll continue to make Nintendo-funded games. It's a very symbiotic partnership, since Platinum gets enough time/budget to make great games, and Nintendo gets prestige exclusives in a genre that they probably wouldn't touch internally.

Last edited:
I think if we see more games akin to Cereza we can expect a few more titles than 2-3 in the Switch 2 generation. I would expect AC2 to be pretty early in the Switch 2 lifespan and eventually Bayonetta 4 late in the generation. the scope of Cereza doesn't seem like a 4+ year project.

3ab28e8c-8296-47ba-a795-5d6a2015639f
20231011nier_automataContent-3-02.png

Blade Sharpens Blade, Right Jack? Need some glasses to look Mondo Cool welding that?
bayonetta3_pg08.jpg
bayonetta3_pg02.jpg

BAYONETTA3
(ベヨネッタ3)
ベヨネッタ モデル
Judging by their recent release history, the smart move would be Nintendo-led projects, either multi-platform or exclusive with financial incentive from Nintendo. Sequels to Astral Chain, Bayonetta, Vanquish, even Madworld... or stuff in the same vein. This would rein in their scope and give them time to polish the games. I feel like budget and polish are the main differences between a Lustrous Platinum game and a Dull Platinum game.

Unfortunately, they'll probably keep pushing GAAS stuff (Anarchy Reigns??) until the gold rush dies.

I would love more stuff like Cereza, although it might not be fiscally responsible. Ditto for the Arcade stuff, which probably came about due to Kamiya's influence.
Nintendo is not gonna back a multiplatform project for PlatinumGames.
That said, I expect them to continue working with Nintendo for 2-3 new exclusive games on Switch 2.
That's why I said multiplatform OR Nintendo-exclusive. But targeted for Nintendo's hardware, regardless, to keep the scope reasonable. I think Platinum's wheelhouse is the linear action/adventure game. Something that wouldn't be out of place in the PS2/PS3 era.

Their ambitions might not be fully satisfied by that, but how many devs really make that type of game anymore?

Cereza was a real breath of fresh air. Nothing boundary-breaking, but a unique gem, in the context of today's market.

Anyway, I agree that they'll continue to make Nintendo-funded games. It's a very symbiotic partnership, since Platinum gets enough time/budget to make great games, and Nintendo gets prestige exclusives in a genre that they probably wouldn't touch internally.
I think if we see more games akin to Cereza we can expect a few more titles than 2-3 in the Switch 2 generation. I would expect AC2 to be pretty early in the Switch 2 lifespan and eventually Bayonetta 4 late in the generation. the scope of Cereza doesn't seem like a 4+ year project.
Working under contract for Nintendo on multiple projects seems like the best course of action. They've finished up multiple projects over the last 18 months (Bayonetta 3, Origins & FFVXI depending on how whether or not P* is working on both DLC expansion packs). Either way it must have other projects aside from Project G.G. & Neo Classic Arcade titles in the works. Assuming those are still proceeding as planned. As to what they could be doing with Nintendo, curious if they have a late-gen Switch or /launch window Switch 2 title on the way.

Personally speaking I think now would be a good opportunity to soft-reboot the company post-Kamiya, responding to his comments about making products/art (see last page) while setting out a new identity (new logo, slogan?) with an update on its self-publishing strategy including what the new studio in FUKUOKA is doing. I'd like to see the studio make games in different genres & art-styles as Bayonetta Origins showed there is a lot of emerging talent beyond action/arcade games, maybe it'd be more likely to garner wider interest as a new IP.
Multi-Verse Witch Time Displacement Extravaganza! 2023 Edition takes off in...
FrLcPT_aUAQlyyH
FrQl16ZaAAAP_lV
FrVvdUCaUAAt9zd

PlatinumPrelude
[
NSW] Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon <ADV> (Nintendo) {2023.03.17}
PlatinumPlaytime
[PS5] Final Fantasy XVI <RPG> (Creative Business Units I & III/PlatinumGames/Square Enix) {2023.06.24} (¥9.000)
PlatinumPledges
[NSW/PS4/Steam] The Wonderful 101: Remastered - The Wonderful One: After School Hero (Part 1) <ACT> {2023.05.19} *Free is the Magic Number 101*
[NSW/PS4/Steam] The Wonderful 101: Remastered - The Wonderful One: After School Hero (Part 2) <ACT> {2023.05.26} *Free is the Magic Number 102*
[NSW/PS4/Steam] The Wonderful One: After School Hero <ACT> {2023.06.21} *Triple H $9.99.gif*

2023 is coming to an end, and here are some of the things #PlatinumGames got up to. Did anything good happen to you this year?
Here's to an eventful year, and we look forward to seeing you in the next one!​
齋藤健治(プラチナゲームズ)
Kenji Saito (PlatinumGames)
キーワード / Keywords
仕込み中 / in preparation

抱負 / Aspirations
2023年は、インフル·新型コロナと体調を崩してしまうことが多かったので、まずは健康第一というのが抱負ですね。新たな体験や場所に行くというのがここ何年か薄くなってしまったので、自分の中に新たにインプットしていきたいと考えています。仕事的にはいまはいろんな立場で、いろいろなプロジェクトや取り組みにかかわらせてもらっているので、それぞれしっかり仕上げていきユーザーに届けるということがいちばんの抱負かと思います。
In 2023, I have been sick a lot with the flu - new corona, so my ambition is to be healthy first. I have not been able to experience new things or visit new places in the past few years, so I would like to make new inputs into my life. In terms of work, I am now involved in various projects and initiatives in various capacities, so my biggest ambition is to finish each one properly and deliver it to the users.

近況 / Recent News
現在仕込み中で、まだまだ言えないことばかりなので、もう少しお待ちください。
We are currently in the process of preparing the product, and there is a lot we can't say yet, so please wait a little longer.

注目 / Attention
AIの進化。AIをツールとして使うことは開発現場でも検討され始めました。ゲームの制作フロー自体が大きく変わるというのはまだ先かもしれないですが、ゲーム開発やユーザー体験においてどう寄与していくのか、その可能性に期待しています。
Evolution of AI; the use of AI as a tool is beginning to be considered in the development field. It may be some time before the game production flow itself undergoes a major change, but I am excited about the possibilities of how AI will contribute to game development and user experience. [Deepl translated boo!]

田浦貴久(プラチナゲームズ)
Takahisa Taura (PlatinumGames)
キーワード / Keywords
つくる / Prepare

抱負 / Aspirations
ストレス社会の中で心折ることなく、いま、作っているゲームをいい形にしていきたい。
I would like to make the game I am currently making into a good form without losing heart in a stressful society.

近況 / Recent News
2023年に発売されました『ファイナルファンタジーXVI』にて、少しだけ制作のお手伝いをさせていただく機会を得られ、とてもいい経験をさせていただきました。それを活かして、つぎのゲームも楽しいものにしていきます。
I had the opportunity to help a little with the production of "Final Fantasy XVI," which was released in 2023, and it was a great experience. I will make use of this experience to make the next game more enjoyable as well.

注目 / Attention
ギリギリ2024年ではないのですが……この記事が載るころにはもう見終えているはずの、Netflixの実写版『幽☆遊☆白書』をいまはいちばん楽しみにしています。果たして……。
It's not exactly 2024, but I'm currently most looking forward to Netflix's live-action version of "YuYu Hakusho," which I should have finished by the time this article appears on ....... I'm looking forward to seeing the live-action version of "YuYu Hakusho" on Netflix. ......

宮田祐輔(プラチナゲームズ)
Yusuke Miyata (PlatinumGames)
キーワード / Keywords
チャレンジ / Challenge

抱負 / Aspirations
また新たな花火を打ち上げるべく、火種をせっせと起こしている所です。まだ少し先の話にはなるかと思いますが、ユーザー皆様が「アッ!」と驚くような新しいコンテンツを提供できるようがんばっていきます!
We are working hard to set off another firework display. I know it will be a little while before we get there, but we will do our best to provide new content that will surprise our users. I will do my best to provide new contents that will surprise our users!

近況 / Recent News
おかげさまで『BAYONETTA 3』発売から1周年を迎えることができました。ここに来てもなお、関連グッズ監修やコメント執筆などのお仕事をいただけており、たいへんうれしく思います。これからも『BAYONETTA』シリーズ作品をよろしくお願いします。
Thanks to your support, we have marked the first anniversary of the release of " BAYONETTA 3 ". We are very happy that we are still able to receive work such as supervising related goods and writing comments. We look forward to your continued support of the " BAYONETTA " series.

注目 / Attention
2023年はChatGPTなどAIを使ったサービスが一般化され始めてきましたが、2024年は本格的にAIを使ったゲームタイトルやコンテンツが出てくることを期待しています。あわよくば仕事をしなくて済むようなさらなる技術革新があると……(笑)。
In 2023, services using AI, such as ChatGPT, are beginning to become commonplace, and I expect to see some serious AI-based game titles and content in 2024. If there are further technological innovations that will hopefully save us from having to work ...... (laugh). [DeepL Translated Boo 2!]
Source: Famitsu New Years Nothing Burgers (pages 15 & 16)​
プロデューサー/ゲームデザイナー
Producer/Game Designer
齋藤健治
Kenji Saito
代表作:『METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE』『TRANSFORMERS: DEVASTATION』

<質問1>2023年に発売されたゲームの中で、最も感心させられた(あるいは衝撃を受けた)タイトル
<Question 1> Which game titles released in 2023 impressed (or shocked) you the most?
『ゼルダの伝説 ティアーズ オブ ザ キングダム』/ The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
前作のゼルダのフィールドやストーリー進行の自由度も驚愕でしたが、今作の自由度はプレイヤースキルによる組み合わせの多さと複雑さが追加されていて、単純に「できるかも」という組み合わせを網羅しつつ、様々なものを駆使してプレイヤー自身が発想した形にも組み上げることができ、しかもどこでもそれを使うことができる・・・この時点で開発者目線としてはとんでもない要素を詰め込んでいるのが容易に見えてしまうので、ずっと、とんでもねぇなと思い考えながらプレイしていました。
The freedom of the previous Zelda's field and story progression was astonishing, but the freedom in this title adds a lot of combinations and complexity based on the player's skill, and while covering combinations that are simply "possible," it is also possible to build them into a form conceived by the player himself using a variety of things. At this point, from the developer's point of view, it is easy to see that they have packed in a tremendous amount of elements, so I kept thinking, "This is crazy!

<質問2>2023年に発売/公開されたエンターテイメントコンテンツの中で最も印象深かった作品
<Question 2> Most memorable entertainment content released/published in 2023
『ABURA』
幕末の京都を舞台にした剣戟アクション時代劇で、新選組最後の内部抗争として知られる「油小路事件」を中心に物語が展開します。殺された仲間の遺体を取り戻すため、わずか七人の御陵衛士が新選組に立ち向かう様子がアツく描かれています。
This sword-fighting action period drama set in Kyoto at the end of the Edo period revolves around the "Abura-no-Koji Incident," known as the last internal conflict of the Shinsengumi. It is a hotly contested story of how only seven Goryo guards stand up to the Shinsengumi in order to recover the bodies of their slain comrades.

全3巻でそこまで長くないのですが、剣士たちの生き様や戦いの激しさをギュググィッ!!と凝縮して描いているため緊迫感、スピード感、情熱感に圧倒される体験ができると思います。
Although the book is not that long (3 volumes), the intensity of the swordsmen's lives and battles are condensed into a single volume, so you will be overwhelmed by the tension, speed, and passion of the story! The book is not that long, but the tension, speed, and passion of the swordsmen's lives and the intensity of their battles are condensed into a single volume, making for an overwhelming experience.

歴史や剣術に興味のある方にはオススメです!
Recommended for those interested in history and swordsmanship!

“北辰一刀流”の二刀流の使い手、服部武雄の強さにシビれるコト間違いなし!
The strength of Takeo Hattori, a dual wielder of the "Hokushin Itto" style of swordsmanship, is sure to be a source of admiration!

あと毛内さんも好きです。
I also like Mr. Keuchi.

あとは何年か前から書き続けていますが、ずっと見続けているVTuber。
I have been writing about VTubers for several years now, but I have been watching them for a long time.

リアルタイムは少なめですが今年も楽しんで視聴していました。
今年もかわらず箱推しなので興味ある配信は覗いていますが、去年同様、大空スバルさん・獅白ぼたんさんの配信を中心に作業やゲームをしながら視聴することが多いですね。
I enjoyed watching this year as well, although in real time only a little.
As in the previous year, I often watch the videos of SUBARU OHZORA and BOTAN SHIHAKU as I work or play games.

それと新たにデビューした「ReGLOSS」“儒烏風亭 らでん”さん
And the newly debuted "ReGLOSS" "RYU Karafutei Raden"!
デビュー時は能面の印象が強かったけど、自分が全く触れてこなかった落語や芸術、美術館の知識が豊富で説明も丁寧でわかりやすく雑談も面白い。ネタ枠なのにまじめでイイ子です。自分の地元にも大塚国際美術館というところがあるので帰省した際に訪れてみようと思いました。
When he debuted, I had a strong impression of Noh masks, but he has a wealth of knowledge about rakugo, art, and museums, which I had not been exposed to at all. He is a serious and nice guy, even though he is a storyteller. I would like to visit the Otsuka Museum of Art in my hometown when I return to my hometown.

今一番自分の中でアツいのは“一条 莉々華”さん
The hottest person in my mind right now is Ririka Ichijo.

かわいい・ポジティブ・ジーニアスな配信と思っていたけど、限界飯や色んな配信を見て印象がどんどん変わっていく。ReGLOSSメンバーはデビューして間もないのでこれからどうなっていくかを楽しみに視聴していきたいですね。
I thought the delivery was cute, positive, and genial, but my impression is changing rapidly after watching Marginal Food and various other deliveries.ReGLOSS members have just debuted, so I look forward to watching and seeing what happens in the future.

あとリアルタイムで見るのは難しいこともあるので切り抜き動画もよく見ています。切り抜き師たちの進化の方向が面白いなと思いながら見ていたりもします。某番組風の切り抜きだったり、手描き切り抜き動画だったりメンバーに特化して魅力を最大限に引き出す切り抜きだったり配信が終わってとてつもないスピードでアップされる切り抜きだったりなど、同じ場面を切り抜いているにもかかわらず違う印象を受けたりします。
I also often watch clipping videos because it is sometimes difficult to watch them in real time. I often watch them while thinking that it is interesting to see the direction in which the clippers are evolving. Some clippings look like a certain TV show, others are hand-drawn clippings, others are specialized clippings of the members to maximize their attractiveness, and still others are uploaded at a tremendous speed after the delivery is over.

<質問3>2023年に、個人的に注目した(している)人物
<Question 3> Person of personal interest in 2023
『梶 泰幸』/Yasuyuki Kaji
元プラチナゲームズの後輩がディレクターをしている『グランブルーファンタジー リリンク』が完成し発売日も決定したようなので、リリースされたら是非プレイをしたい。情報が出るたびにリリンクには注目していたので本当に楽しみ。
It seems that "Granblue Fantasy Relink," directed by a former junior at Platinum Games, has been completed and a release date has been set, and I am eager to play it when it is released. I've been paying attention to Relink whenever information comes out, so I'm really looking forward to it.
あとはもちろん田浦貴久ですよ。
Then, of course, there is Takahisa Taura.

<質問4>2024年に向けての抱負、また4Gamer読者に向けてのメッセージをお願いします
<Question 4> What are your ambitions for 2024 and what is your message to 4Gamer readers?
2023年は、インフルやコロナで体調を崩してしまうことが多かったので、2024年は健康第一!
In 2023, I was often sick with the flu or coronas, so in 2024, health comes first!
ディレクター
Director
田浦貴久
Takahisa Taura

代表作:『ASTRAL CHAIN』 『NieR:Automata』

<質問1>2023年に発売されたゲームの中で、最も感心させられた(あるいは衝撃を受けた)タイトル
<Question 1> Which game titles released in 2023 impressed (or shocked) you the most?
『Hi-Fi RUSH』
リズムに乗って戦う気持ちよさを100%堪能できるシステムに感心しっぱなしでした。脱帽。
I was left impressed by the system that allows you to enjoy 100% of the feeling of fighting in rhythm. Hats off.

<質問2>2023年に発売/公開されたエンターテイメントコンテンツの中で最も印象深かった作品
<Question 2> Most memorable entertainment content released/published in 2023
『幽☆遊☆白書』(Netflix)
"Yū Yu Hakusho" (Netflix)
とてつもなく好きな作品なので、これだけ時代を経た今最新技術で実写化されることに単純に期待感がすごく高いです。これを書いているときはまだ公開前なので、公開されたら即観ます。
I like this work tremendously, so I simply have very high expectations for the live-action version using the latest technology now that it has passed so many years. At the time of this writing, it has not yet been released, so I will watch it as soon as it is released.

<質問3>2023年に、個人的に注目した(している)人物
<Question 3> Person of personal interest in 2023.
『豆腐』Tofu
YouTubeでかわいいパグの動画をアップしている方。パグが可愛すぎて寝る前に見ては悶える日々。
You upload videos of cute pugs on YouTube. The pugs are so cute that I watch them before going to bed and agonize over them.

<質問4>2024年に向けての抱負、また4Gamer読者に向けてのメッセージをお願いします。
<Question 4> What are your ambitions for 2024 and what is your message to 4Gamer readers?
去年のコメントに引き続きまだ何も成せておらず、ご期待いただくものなど何もない状態ではあるのですが、2023年のあれやこれやの多くのシンドさを、現在制作中のゲームに集中することで、発散できる年になるといいなと、心より思います。
Although we have not yet accomplished anything following last year's comments and have nothing to look forward to, I sincerely hope that this will be the year that we can dissipate the many tendencies of 2023 by concentrating on the game we are currently working on.
Source: 田浦貴久[ディレクター] / 4Gamer.net​

Happy New Year 2024   
·‥…━━2024年が皆さまにとって明るく希望に溢れる1年となりますように。本年もどうぞよろしくお願いいたします

Wishing you all a bright and hopeful year 2024. We look forward to working with you in the New Year!​

The #BayonettaOrigins: Cereza and the Lost Demon Original Soundtrack is now available on streaming services worldwide! Get whisked away to Avalon Forest with these beautiful tunes.​
WAVE MASTER ENTERTAINMENT
Official Website (Japanese):
Also available on streaming services worldwide:​

Celebrating Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon’s First Anniversary!
Check out Special Messages and Art

cd926fc4c9bf9925cec2999887a89d99e19daf9a.jpg
Steam_complete_01_EN.jpg

PlatinumPackage
[NSW/PS4/Steam] SOL CRESTA Complete Set <STG> (PlatinumGames) {2024.04.04}

10% Discount Offer ends 17-19 April 2024
Watch Dogs spreadsheets was not on my Neo-Classic Arcade bingo card, nor was the separate game & DLC being more affordable than a Complete Set once the initial offer expires. [Boo 3!]

CTRL+F...Future Not Found (waiting for P* to re-confirm Project G.G & further Neo Classic Arcade entries. But in the meantime the fine[d]folks at Inti Creates have PlatinumGames at Home.

PlatinumPlagiarism

[NSW/PS4/PS5/XB1/XBS/Steam] Umbra Claw <ADV> (Inti Creates) {2024.05.30}​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom