• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Off topic: Mach Rider on NSO

SergioPL

Student
Mach Rider is a game I really like. It was recently launched on the Switch online service. When playing the versions of Nes and Famicom on the Switch, I realized that both have different colors in the scenarios, courses and color of the sky. I have the original version for Famicom and the colors presented in the Japanese Switch App are not the same as in the 8-bit console. Would anyone be able to explain why? Very confusing. It's as if there were 3 versions.
One for NES, another for Famicom and now the Switch version.
It’s a tricky game to emulate?

I can’t help you as I only just tried this game for the first time this week and have absolutely no idea how to play it. Dudes just kept coming up the rear and blowing me up. Clearly, I suck at videogames.

I can’t help you as I only just tried this game for the first time this week and have absolutely no idea how to play it. Dudes just kept coming up the rear and blowing me up. Clearly, I suck at videogames.
Keep trying. It’s a very good game.
You need do change your gear more quickly to avoid that.

The way the Famicom/NES works is that it's up to the TV itself to define the colors. So each TV will display a slightly different color tone from each other.

Though it is appears some colors were altered between the Famicom and NES versions.

The way the Famicom/NES works is that it's up to the TV itself to define the colors. So each TV will display a slightly different color tone from each other.

Though it is appears some colors were altered between the Famicom and NES versions.
Thanks a lot for the explanation.
I think the color pallet on the japanese NSO is very strange.
For example the buildings. Not of a single one of them is brown like the “original” or the American version.
It’s always a type of neon color. Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom