• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Nintendo Switch was the best-selling games console during UK Black Friday with 42% of all sales, Xbox second with 40% of all sales

Phantom Thief

Analyst
Life Will Change
Pronouns
He/Him

Nintendo Switch was the best-selling games console over Black Friday in the UK, GfK Entertainment reveals.

The hybrid machine accounted for 42% of all console's sold during the week. This is due to the return of last year's Black Friday Switch bundle, which included a Switch Neon machine, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe and three months of Nintendo Switch Online.

The company faced strong competition this year, led by an aggressive offer by Xbox. Microsoft reduced its Xbox Series S machine to under £200 during Black Friday, and the platform accounted for 40% of all consoles sold during the week. PS5, which did receive some small discounts of its digital-only edition, accounted for 18% of sales.

All three consoles posted their biggest sales weeks of the year so far during the Black Friday period.

SOURCE

they basically front loaded the month for GOW:R and this probably left over stock

So did Sony send all of their supply to the US or something? Because that is insanely low for the PS5 in the UK during black Friday.

The most PS5 sold in November in the UK is probably 75-80k units.
PS4 rarely sold below 100k during Black Friday week alone.

Congratulations to Nintendo for a successful Black Friday

PS5 had the best week of the year and still accounted for only 18%?

That's sounds pretty bad.

I think it will be hard for PS to reach their 18m goal there. Next year should be far better.
Switch still doing good but i wonder if the drop this year is mostly due to competition or the absolute lackluster Bundle once more lol.

Switch down YoY as to be expected with its 6th BF in its life but still number 1. Mad.

This 18% market share is for the best week of the year for Playstation 5?
The previous best week was God of War launch which was ~24K. Black Friday week should be ~26K

Last edited:
Yeah all signs to me are pointing towards Sony heavily prioritising the US market this holidays. I guess they’re still ramping up production so maybe Jan-March will be bigger than usual to make those shipments.

Back
Top Bottom