• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase Feb 21st, 2023 @ 6:00 AM PT - Catch-All Thread for Leaks (in Spoilers!), Discussion, Speculation, and Predictions

lots of "later this year" for an H1 direct. there were rumors of games announced this direct that are for Drake, and some of the games mentioned could fit the bill given their publisher.

lots of "later this year" for an H1 direct. there were rumors of games announced this direct that are for Drake, and some of the games mentioned could fit the bill given their publisher.
Im sure a lot of 2024 games will probably have day 1 Switch 2 patches.

I'm pretty shocked Embracer is even releasing Kingdom Come Deliverance in this state. I know they spent years on this port, but it looks like total dogshit.

Gundam Breaker 4 looks so disappointing. If only Bandai Namco would be willing to license it to Fromsoftware...

Lots? I see five on @DarkDetective's list, and there are not that type of game I think

Pocket Card Jockey is obviously the best game in this Direct. :V
I do wonder what will be different in SMTV:V. I doubt that an expanded version alone can completely deal with all of my issues with it (and I doubt Atlus is over their PS2 nostalgia-baiting period yet), but there's quite a bit they could do with this.

All the most interesting games of the presentation to me all have titles starting with the letter E. Weird.

Also, let's be honest, as cool as some of these announcements were, the most impactful reveal from a sales vantage point was Suika Game multiplayer DLC. LOL

Japanese exclusive announcements (ignoring montages since they were already announced)
DenpaMen Free
Guitar Life -Lesson 1- (Hori)
Reynatis (Furyu Action RPG)
Okhotsk ni Kiyu remake (Yuji Horii Adventure game, published by G-Mode)
PowerPro Baseball 2024-2025
Mother 3 on NSO

Nintendo believes so much in Pentiment that they gave it 10 seconds in the Direct despite it releasing tomorrow.

Not sure what Microsoft is doing here as their other three games are going to run like shit on the Switch and are such late ports that they probably won't do well either.

Seems like a third-party move with zero revenue benefit.

Maybe they picked these four games as an intentional self-sabotage thing to justify not going third-party?

All the most interesting games of the presentation to me all have titles starting with the letter E. Weird.

Also, let's be honest, as cool as some of these announcements were, the most impactful reveal from a sales vantage point was Suika Game multiplayer DLC. LOL
If there was a big third party game, it would have been saved for the normal direct, so we should ahve not expected any really big game in a partner showcase i guess.

But i can see SMTV doing something, maybe Sword Art Online? Fantasy Life has a shot in Japan if marketing is done right

Penny's Big Breakaway being 30 FPS on Switch is pretty brutal for the game, not sure what audience there is for this on other platforms.

What, this was today?! Oh man, somehow I got this mixed up with other events, thought it was on the 25th >_> Anyway.

I still don't know what SMT5 Vengeance is. The announcer said "enter or return to SMT5", so what is it, a sequel to SMT5 or an expanded version?

Other than that, those were a lot of "found in the farthest corner"-games. Very old stuff like the Star Wars-games. Or games you definitely don't want to play on Switch, like Grounded and Kingdom Come, both fantastic games, just not on this hardware. And then some games I'll just not play on Switch in the year 2024, like the gorgeous Snufkin-game. Really sad that Switch 2 was delayed, all of these would have been perfect candidates for a nextgen-Nintendo device.

Very surprised, however, that Nintendo gave Endless Ocean Luminous the "final announcement"-treatment. Super happy that it's actually a proper Endless Ocean 3 and not a remaster of the old titles. Need to see a proper gameplay video, though, the video scenes we saw in the Direct looked very washed out, hope the actual game has more clarity and cleanliness to it. But I can't wait to return to virtual diving, the Endless Ocean-games to this day remain the best diving-games because of the great mix of natural looking artstyle and no survival-mechanics. I won't invite 30 divers to my game, though, LOL.

Overall the kind of Direct you'd expect for stretching/squeezing a final year out of a hardware, but as I said above, a lot of these games would have made so much sense for Switch 2. Don't be surprised if Kingdom Come: Deliverance gets ANOTHER release, lol. Oh, and that "new" Fantasy Life-game must be a re-purposed 3DS-game, come on, Level 5 ...

Oh, biggest absence (imo): The Hunter X Hunter-game. Would have expected the next trailer. Hm.

SMTV Vengeance appears to be two games; an enhanced SMTV and a "new route" (Vengeance) with a different story, new locations, new major character, etc.

So basically it's like Maniax and Apocalypse in one. I wonder if this is why the eShop preorder is coming later, there'll be a cheaper upgrade option for existing SMTV owners?

SMTV Vengeance appears to be two games; an enhanced SMTV and a "new route" (Vengeance) with a different story, new locations, new major character, etc.

So basically it's like Maniax and Apocalypse in one. I wonder if this is why the eShop preorder is coming later, there'll be a cheaper upgrade option for existing SMTV owners?
I hope so but I'm not holding my breath, I think Atlus wants to squeeze another 60 bucks out of us early adopters.

Epic Mickey Rebrushed (these "Re" names are always a laugh) is getting some good traction on social media which makes me happy. Game was one of my favorites on the Wii, as it's a true love letter to classic Disney and Disneyland.

Game had a lot of negativity around it when it released. Some legit (N64 era camera was a pain, hope they fix it) and some not (lots of people were miffed that Warren Spector would develop a Wii exclusive title. Or that Epic Mickey wasn't the grimdark hellscape the early art pointed towards).

But man, it was a great game. *Amazing* soundtrack too. And it sold very well on Wii, which prompted a sequel that never took off.

But glad a new generation can now play the game, and old fans can (hopefully) play it as it was always meant to be in our eyes.

And Endless Ocean 3? The Wii glory days are back! 😝

Pocket Card Jockey is obviously the best game in this Direct. :V
I do wonder what will be different in SMTV:V. I doubt that an expanded version alone can completely deal with all of my issues with it (and I doubt Atlus is over their PS2 nostalgia-baiting period yet), but there's quite a bit they could do with this.

Endless Ocean and DEnpamen exist bro. Now thats the godlike haha

Epic Mickey Rebrushed (these "Re" names are always a laugh) is getting some good traction on social media which makes me happy. Game was one of my favorites on the Wii, as it's a true love letter to classic Disney and Disneyland.

Game had a lot of negativity around it when it released. Some legit (N64 era camera was a pain, hope they fix it) and some not (lots of people were miffed that Warren Spector would develop a Wii exclusive title. Or that Epic Mickey wasn't the grimdark hellscape the early art pointed towards).

But man, it was a great game. *Amazing* soundtrack too. And it sold very well on Wii, which prompted a sequel that never took off.

But glad a new generation can now play the game, and old fans can (hopefully) play it as it was always meant to be in our eyes.

And Endless Ocean 3? The Wii glory days are back! 😝
the epic mickey discourse was hilarious. so many people learning what "concept art" truly meant back then

There was not much for me in this Direct, but not every one will hit. The only game I plan to buy is Unicorn Overlord, but that was already announced.

It's a shame Mother 3 wasn't also announced for the west. I know Reggie before said they didn't do it because it wasn't worth the cost financially, but I would definitely upgrade to the expansion pack if they released it worldwide. I think it just adds more value to the expansion pack and if you want more people on that higher tier, it is not a bad idea to include it worldwide. I hope one day they'll do it, would at least just be nice thing to do for the fans that have been waiting for so long. Earthbound is one of my favorite RPGs ever, so I'd love to experience its sequel legally.

If they localize Mother 3 it'll probably be a separate premium release, like what they did for FE1.

Really sad that Switch 2 was delayed, all of these would have been perfect candidates for a nextgen-Nintendo device.
The reality that gamers will have to get accustom to is the simple fact that Nintendo holds all the cards with a next-gen release. Till they announce it, their is nothing to wait on so (assuming that a company can afford too) it's better to jump on a proven, mass-appeal platform than to simply wait out the Switch 2 announcement. No amount of rumor, speculation, or woes over performance changes that.

Other than that, those were a lot of "found in the farthest corner"-games. Very old stuff like the Star Wars-games. Or games you definitely don't want to play on Switch, like Grounded and Kingdom Come, both fantastic games, just not on this hardware. And then some games I'll just not play on Switch in the year 2024, like the gorgeous Snufkin-game. Really sad that Switch 2 was delayed, all of these would have been perfect candidates for a nextgen-Nintendo device.
I don't understand? Most of these games are going to be out by July the latest which would have been before the new Switch either way so you more than likely would have been playing either the Switch 1 version or waiting until nearly next year anyway? Switch coming in September (which was never announced nor confirmed) wouldn't have gotten rid of most of these games that have been in planning for the last 2-3 years.

As for Fantasy Life, that's just the style of the series? The 3DS game, the mobile game and now the Switch game all look identical.

Absolutely wild still nothing on DQ3 HD2D

Announced just under 3 years ago. With some gameplay footage even.

NGL that crab game looks fun.

I hate getting my hopes up but that The NEW Denpa Men RPG Free! game has an IARC age rating instead of a CERO one. So maybe there's a chance it'll be released outside of Japan.

Endless Ocean! I played the original back on the Wii. Can't believe a new one is coming, definitely going to buy it.

I thought the Direct was pretty good but none of my missing localization wantlist showed up in the western one. (._. )

Ys Memoire
Retro Game Challenge 1+2 Replay
Natsu-mon
Mameda no Bakeru
Shiro of Coal Town

Can we also use this thread for the upcoming Pokémon Presents or will there be a separate thread?

Can we also use this thread for the upcoming Pokémon Presents or will there be a separate thread?

Back
Top Bottom