• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Most Played Games on Xbox

If I had to guess if Exoprimal is meeting Capcom's expectations, I'd say for the Steam version, it's underperforming against their expectations. For the Xbox version, I'm guessing it's overperforming for now. We'll see if the game has any legs, though.

Updated.

Starfield still at the same rank as at launch:

US: #2
UK: #2
JP: #1

Seems also like The Crew Motorfest is performing very badly.

Last edited:
Updated.

Starfield still at the same rank as at launch:

US: #2
UK: #2
JP: #1

Seems also like The Crew Motorfest is performing very badly.
Not surprising when Motorfest is like Forza Horizon at home. It'll probably do better on PlayStation than Xbox.

Lies of P at 19th most played, will probably go up a few spots, I liked the demo a lot but Starfield current has all of my gaming time.

Snapshots taken on October 4th, 2023 as of 00:22 CEST

US

j5ag1WK.png

jaM6L0c.png

fWFHAOy.png

RMQiVsI.png

UK

Japan

Starfield fell to 5th place in the UK, still 3rd in the US, not bad at all for a single player game but I also just noticed that Diablo 4 fell all the way to 50th place in the US, that is awful, some guys I know that were initially hooked on the game really hate it now, I guess that wasn't as anecdotal as I thought and seems to be how a lot of players feel about the game now.

I seriously hope it hits Game Pass this year, it's the one game I keep thinking that it will as soon as the ABK deal is done.

Starfield fell to 5th place in the UK, still 3rd in the US, not bad at all for a single player game but I also just noticed that Diablo 4 fell all the way to 50th place in the US, that is awful, some guys I know that were initially hooked on the game really hate it now, I guess that wasn't as anecdotal as I thought and seems to be how a lot of players feel about the game now.

I seriously hope it hits Game Pass this year, it's the one game I keep thinking that it will as soon as the ABK deal is done.
Yeah, it has been wild to see how Diablo 4 went from a huge launch to being hated like it is now.

Blizzard is messing up badly. Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 should be titans.

Diablo 4 will go back up to top 5 again when Season 2 launches soon. The changes look promising, even though they probably don't do enough to address the biggest problem of the game, which is itemization.

Diablo 4 will go back up to top 5 again when Season 2 launches soon. The changes look promising, even though they probably don't do enough to address the biggest problem of the game, which is itemization.

@Bold, the Achilles heel of modern Diablo.

I do think that the many QoL changes is good enough to bring the more casual back for seasonal content but yes, for the hardcore and/or more critical ARPG enthusiasts, alot more needs to be done in the future.

It's at least a very big step in the right direction after the monumental fumble that was Season 1.
Maybe this time Blizzard will be able to turn around the game faster than it took them to do so with Reaper of Souls.
They need to be quicker for sure, because gamers have way more choices nowadays than they did back in early 2010s.

I don't think Diablo has ever been that big on console anyway. The Diablo 2 remaster got out of the top 50 in like 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure I have never seen Diablo 3 in the top 50, not even when the Necromancer and the Eternal Collection came out.

That being said I can see IV staying in the top 30 continuously if season 2 is good and once the game is on Game Pass.

Great spots for Cyberpunk considering it’s not on Game Pass and the recent update and expansion are current generation exclusive.

I was contacted by the NPD/Circana with some fascinating stats for @TXChainSawGame

Stats showing the MAU's on Xbox for the month of August. We were #4, just edging out Minecraft and Roblox! Think about that. That's insane!!

Especially wild when you consider we launched on August 18th. Meaning that's only two weeks of data, yet we still shot up the charts like that.

I've said it a million times to industry folks...Horror fans are constantly underestimated.

Still top 10 2 and a half months later and still pulling good numbers on Steam, I don’t know what total player numbers are by now but I think it’s safe to say the game has been a success and it’s certainly not dead, if Halo Infinite was managing these stats to this day it would be a huge success, I mean 30K daily players on Steam and top 10 on Xbox would be amazing.

That being said, heartbroken over Alan Wake 2 not being in the top 50, never saw it there, didn’t think anything special of the first game and didn’t even finish it but AW2 is freaking amazing so I hope it’s doing well.

Still top 10 2 and a half months later and still pulling good numbers on Steam, I don’t know what total player numbers are by now but I think it’s safe to say the game has been a success and it’s certainly not dead, if Halo Infinite was managing these stats to this day it would be a huge success, I mean 30K daily players on Steam and top 10 on Xbox would be amazing.

That being said, heartbroken over Alan Wake 2 not being in the top 50, never saw it there, didn’t think anything special of the first game and didn’t even finish it but AW2 is freaking amazing so I hope it’s doing well.
The worst part about Alan Wake 2 is that Xbox is like *the* platform where it should be doing exceptionally well since the original was an Xbox exclusive for over a decade, and yet it seems nobody bought it on Xbox...

It's not looking good for the game.

The worst part about Alan Wake 2 is that Xbox is like *the* platform where it should be doing exceptionally well since the original was an Xbox exclusive for over a decade, and yet it seems nobody bought it on Xbox...

If i had to take a guess, i would say that if you are not a big name in the Industry, chances are Gamepass, $70 and huge discount not so long after release changed buyers behaviour. Sony is trying move towards a "Nintendo approach", meaning that trying to hold the actual value of their games over time, but it's not going to be easy.

Gaming is threading a weird path nowadays that if you aren't a big company which can market and sell software. Is not looking so hot on PS5 either https://www.truetrophies.com/n24492/alan-wake-2-peak-ps5-player-count

And without Steam is really not looking good.

Alan Wake didn't had particularly good sales on Xbox 360, it's kinda a cult game praised by a niche but the masses didn't care.

I believe most of it sales came from massive discounts on Steam.

Is not doing bad sales wise, in USA is 11°, top 10 if we count one sku for COD, however is in line with PS5:
pq3xls1.png

If i had to take a guess, i would say that if you are not a big name in the Industry, chances are Gamepass, $70 and huge discount not so long after release changed buyers behaviour. Sony is trying move towards a "Nintendo approach", meaning that trying to hold the actual value of their games over time, but it's not going to be easy.

I think the consoles going all digital will make this much easier, as the platforms will control the pricing. That is why I believe they will push for it (Xbox going all digital next year if the rumor is believed, although there will still be disc enabled xbox's in circulation of course)

i'm long of the belief that games are stupid cheap when you factor inflation, the same price as 30 years ago. so i dont mind all the ways they try to make the $ back such as microtransactions, going digital to grab back retailer cut, etc.

The game awards might be somewhat good news for Alan Wake 2. Its got 8 nominations, tied with Baldurs Gate 3. Critical acclaim can lead to good legs.

The game awards might be somewhat good news for Alan Wake 2. Its got 8 nominations, tied with Baldurs Gate 3. Critical acclaim can lead to good legs.

Can't hurt for sure, even if the bump might be small or big (depending on which and how many categories it wins).

Larian Studios also teasing some BG3 Xbox/physical media announcement this week is also probably looking to capitalize on the occasion. Although, I don't think physical is going to be this year? Seems like a 2024 thing for collectors.

Even by Daily Players, Starfield is nowhere near top 10. Far from it.

Game has lost huge amount of players and even old Skyrim has more players now which is kinda bad

Also, according to trueachievements player count, Starfield is steadily dropping in player numbers ( out of Top 10) . Launch month player spike was just that and that's it.

Even by Daily Players, Starfield is nowhere near top 10. Far from it.

Game has lost huge amount of players and even old Skyrim has more players now which is kinda bad

Also, according to trueachievements player count, Starfield is steadily dropping in player numbers ( out of Top 10) . Launch month player spike was just that and that's it.
I meant top 10 on Xbox which it still was yesterday when I checked and it was pulling 30K daily players by the time I posted that comment on Steam, I don't think it's a big deal if it has less players than Skyrim, a game that has had over a decade of mod support and has a huge community still because of that, Starfield may easily be the same story 10 years from now if it gets the same level of mod support, I just don't see why a single player game losing most of it's players almost 3 months after launch is a big deal, it really isn't and the numbers I'm seeing and the way it's charting on Xbox still is pretty solid, in fact I would argue that no other single player game has stayed in the top 10 for this long on Xbox.

It's not like the original set the world on fire either, like someone else said here it's just a cult classic and the masses don't care as much, seems like games in that genre have a tough time unless they're Resident Evil, I have to imagine that the lack of a Steam release doesn't help either, maybe Remedy will take a Game Pass deal in a few months, that should give it some more visibility.

Is not doing bad sales wise, in USA is 11°, top 10 if we count one sku for COD, however is in line with PS5:
pq3xls1.png

Oh that's good, hope sales were good enough.

I meant top 10 on Xbox which it still was yesterday when i checked
US maybe?

and it was pulling 30K daily players by the time I posted that comment on Steam, I don't think it's a big deal if it has less players than Skyrim, a game that has had over a decade of mod support and has a huge community still because of that, Starfield may easily be the same story 10 years from now if it gets the same level of mod support, I just don't see why a single player game losing most of it's players almost 3 months after launch is a big deal, it really isn't and the numbers I'm seeing and the way it's charting on Xbox still is pretty solid, in fact

According to trueachievements, Starfield dropped from Top 10 a week ago. But that list is global.

I would argue that no other single player game has stayed in the top 10 for this long on Xbox

Red Dead Redemption 2. Was in Top 10 till middle of the March 2019 since its release

US maybe?

According to trueachievements, Starfield dropped from Top 10 a week ago. But that list is global.

Red Dead Redemption 2. Was in Top 10 till middle of the March 2019 since its release
Trueachievements only tracks trueachievement linked accounts. I find it hard to believe Halo Infinite jumped to #10 and Starfield to #11 when in the US Halo is listed at #15 and Starfield is #9. Maybe Xbox hasn’t updated yet to reflect the Halo 3/Operation update.

Trueachievements only tracks trueachievement linked accounts. I find it hard to believe Halo Infinite jumped to #10 and Starfield to #11 when in the US Halo is listed at #15 and Starfield is #9. Maybe Xbox hasn’t updated yet to reflect the Halo 3/Operation update.

But that TA's sample is big. More than 2, 5 mil. users, though

US maybe?

Also top 10 in the UK, the 2nd biggest market for Xbox consoles, several other markets too, you can actually check on the most played list page and it's still top 10 in a few others. The fact that RDR2 was the last game to do it only makes it more impressive to me that Starfield has held up for this long, clearly the vast majority of SP games aren't played that much for so long besides a few, also to be clear not every SP game is a Rockstar or Bethesda level game. I trust TA but they only count 2.5 million accounts, probably not enough IMO.

But that TA's sample is big. More than 2, 5 mil. users, though

That's a huge sample size, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's representative. When we're talking samples so large, the more common issue is some form of sampling bias. In this case, probably self-selection bias, when the population of people who opt in to a dataset (in this case, those who connect their True Achievement accounts) has some sort of difference from the population that does not. If the Xbox is using the actual population, and TA is only a sample, I'd defer to that unless we had a really good reason not to.

Baldurs Gate 3 13th most played in the US is really good for a 70$ game in that genre, it’ll probably go up more too, I didn’t think the game appealed to console players that much.

Baldurs Gate 3 13th most played in the US is really good for a 70$ game in that genre, it’ll probably go up more too, I didn’t think the game appealed to console players that much.

The PSN charts and BG3's position in them in September-October-November were a pretty good representation that console players were buying the game, I wouldn't expect Xbox audience to be different.
In fact, I think the Xbox audience might be a tad more RPG centric(western RPGs) than PS leading to more sales(relative to their install base). Although Gamepass might've changed the buying habits of the Xbox ecosystem nowadays.

How come Palworld doesn't show up in the most played chart? is it because this specific chart doesn't track games still in Game Preview?

The PSN charts and BG3's position in them in September-October-November were a pretty good representation that console players were buying the game, I wouldn't expect Xbox audience to be different.
In fact, I think the Xbox audience might be a tad more RPG centric(western RPGs) than PS leading to more sales(relative to their install base). Although Gamepass might've changed the buying habits of the Xbox ecosystem nowadays.
It's back at 13th but I saw it a few weeks ago at 10th, very good, maybe people were waiting for more updates to come back, the game has been on Xbox for nearly 2 months and it remains in the top 15th, this is a very good result for an RPG of this genre on consoles

Back
Top Bottom