• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Microsoft closed Bethesda France

Astral_lion02

Archivist
Expert Archivist

Certains s'en doutaient, nous ne pouvions rien dire pour le moment mais @Bethesda_fr n'est plus.Il semblerait en effet que @Microsoft ait tout simplement décidé de tout stoppé il y'a deux mois, à l'aube de la sortie de la série, dans des conditions plus que discutables.
Quick translation:
Some people suspected it, we couldn't say anything at the moment but @Bethesda_fr is no more. It would indeed seem that @Microsoft simply decided to stop everything two months ago, at the dawn of the series' release, under more than questionable conditions.

For reference using the previously posted French data Bethesda was #14 on the french publisher ranking by units in 2023 (#17 in 2022) with their best selling game (Starfield) selling slighty more than 70k units (65% from PC).

I mean anyone not expecting Microsoft to simplify into a single publisher doesn't understand how these acquisitions are funded. By their nature being able to replace/replicate within your existing system is how you make acquisitions.

I mean anyone not expecting Microsoft to simplify into a single publisher doesn't understand how these acquisitions are funded. By their nature being able to replace/replicate within your existing system is how you make acquisitions.

Oh yeah, Microsoft handling localization and PR interally instead of using the existing branch.

What could possibly go wrong.

Oh yeah, Microsoft handling localization and PR interally instead of using the existing branch.

What could possibly go wrong.
To be fair, this isn't exclusive to Microsoft. Most western publishers have minimized their international publishing offices as they transition to digital. I recall Activision and Electronic Arts did this a while ago

In this case, yes. Their existing efforts/infrastructure outside the US is atrocious, so I figured they might want to make use of what they gained through acquisitions.

Back
Top Bottom