• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Memento Mori has grossed $34 million in 24 days since launch

Astrogamer

Enthusiast
Memento Mori is a recent mobile hit from the not very well known Japanese developer, Bank of Innovation. Rarely does a mobile game sustain a top 10 grossing performance for more than a few days but Memento Mori been keeping high in the rankings.
This source is an analyst's blog but he is quoting Bank of Innovation's recent financial call.
In the call, they report that
  • Oct 18-23 - 1.8 billion yen ($13M)
  • Oct 24-31 - 1.7 billion yen ($12M)
  • Nov 1 -10 - 1.3 billion yen ($9.3M)

Just want to point out Sensor Tower JP also made a blog on the game's two week performance though they underestimate it (they have it at $23 million compared to the official $25 million)
For reference, here's the biggest launches for this year so far using some Sensor Tower estimations

1. Tower of Fantasy - $34 million
  2. Memento Mori - $25 million
  3. Full Metal Alchemist Mobile - $14 million
Diablo Immortal is around $25 million at the 2 week mark (using App Magic's $50 million for month 1 and Sensor Tower's $100 million for 8 weeks). Heaven Burns Red is the only other major comparison point which made $136 million in H1 (from Sensor Tower) but, it's hard to narrow down to launch with that though generally that should be less than $20 million in the first 2 weeks.

Bank of Innovation has made Mythra Sphere in the past that is a decent success. So it is lovely to see them finally getting a big W now.

Memento Mori is also called by many AFK fans as one of the best AFK game at its genre. So it is part of their hardwork to hit this success.

Goddess of Victory NIKKE (Level Infinite) basically blew past all the previous launches this year with $67 million in two weeks, with 37.9% in Japan, 32.9% in South Korea and 14.5% in the US.
It should be well on the pace to over $100 million in its first month.

Goddess of Victory NIKKE (Level Infinite) basically blew past all the previous launches this year with $67 million in two weeks, with 37.9% in Japan, 32.9% in South Korea and 14.5% in the US.

Nikke is Chinese made Mobile game right? Or it is japanese?

I think it's pretty good game. Bit simple, but that's these afk model games.

Korean, published by a Tencent sublabel

Hoo. Interesting. But considering how round the bottom looks. I should have known lol. Korean artist love those big bottom lol.

I think it's pretty good game. Bit simple, but that's these afk model games.

Afk game is often carried by the stories and from what i read. Memento Mori had one of the best stories on AFK game so thats probably one of the reason for its success.

Hoo. Interesting. But considering how round the bottom looks. I should have known lol. Korean artist love those big bottom lol.

Afk game is often carried by the stories and from what i read. Memento Mori had one of the best stories on AFK game so thats probably one of the reason for its success.
Yeah I was surprised Nikke's story was...actually pretty good. Characters are well developed and the story is more then the expected "lol fun with girls".

Back
Top Bottom