Media Create Sales: Week 31, 2023 (Jul 31 - Aug 06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half decade is short term now? Add 5 more years and make it a full decade. What Switch and Switch 2 will get from BNS at that period, contract work for next Smash?

I'm frankly shocked that the first thing the contractors who did Smash 4-6 didn't do was a licensed anime smash clone for the PS4/5. It's what Gamearts did back in the day.

The only Tekken game Switch will get is a warmed up decade late Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Switch edition port for the 30th anniversary next year as a pittance allowance from Harada as a “thanks” for Kazuya in Smash, mid to late next year.

If Nintendo is lucky, they’ll get 7 on NS2 a year after 8 has been out (which will never touch any Nintendo system for the rest of the decade).

Edit: As for Ace Combat, maybe a 1-5 collection for the 30th anniversary in 2025.

Last edited:
It still is unclear what support in the past 7 years should put BN future support in a different light compared to Chris's scenario

Apart from work for hire, going by their Switch output we can expect what, from their internal studios?
They haven't only done work for hire, so I don't count them out wholesale. There could be multiple things depending on the scope and direction of their upcoming/unannounced projects. Brand associated content like we've seen with Namco Museum, Pac-Man stuff, maybe Taiko no Tatsujin content, but that's less definite if it comes along due to Amusement Labs. If there are other smaller projects or classic-leaning titles, I also imagine they'd potentially come to the Switch. There could be new things that there's no prior impression to lean on.

This isn't a discussion assessing the quality of support, it's a matter of potential support in the coming period, which the quality/quantity of support is used to inform.

I am also waiting for Margot Robbie to potentially support a relationship with me in the coming period.

Based on past trends I think we are in the same ballpark of probability.

For Chris1964's list maybe it'd help to outline what these groups do make on Switch and people can gauge their future potential there (for NX2 also I assume?).

Bandai Namco Studios: Internal dev is limited to just heavy Nintendo contracting really (Smash, Pokémon spinoffs). Planning extends out and includes retro stuff that usually leads on Switch (Pac-Man, Namco Museum, old Tales, Baten Kaitos, Encore line with Klonoa, Katamari, Mr Driller, etc) and, almost always late, ports of anime properties (DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, MHA, JoJo, Jump, etc) which appear to depend on both contract dev willingness and previous commercial success on PS/Xbox/PC. I wouldn't expect much change here thanks to management (Harada), they've been the worst centralized dev group of a major publisher on Switch since launch imo with zero real response to the market. At best maybe some more anime support as the cross-gen finishes up.

Capcom: Is actually split into two groups.

-Dev1: The RE/DMC group. They've had very decent success on Switch with catalog ports (RE & DMC series, but also DDDA, Okami HD, etc) but also smaller retro minded digital projects (Arcade Stadium, GNG R, Shinsekai). Their NX2 output is simple to predict, more of the same (aka: all the other RE/DMC games they couldn't port before). Wild card is possible DD2 on NX2 as the DA port to Switch did quite well and was heavily promoted for the 10 year anniversary.

-Dev2: The MH/SF group. MH Rise was a huge success, MH Stories a decent success as have been their retro and smaller efforts (Mega Man, Ace Attorney, BEU/FTG collections, etc). For the future I think it's a safe bet NX2 will get a MH game (maybe MH6, maybe MHP6), will get SF6 (devs want to) and I'd expect Switch 1 to get more AA/MM stuff yet too.

From Software: Literally nothing outside Dark Souls Remastered, which was produced by Bandai Namco, developed by Virtuos and had a marketing/distro/amiibo deal with Nintendo. I do think Elden Ring will come to NX2 but like with DSR, that'll be because multiple other companies made it happen.

Really disappointing missed opportunity here for additional Switch releases that likely would've performed well (DS2/3, 3DDGH, AC4/5, etc).

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio: It's getting dark... no Switch support outside Super Monkey Ball games. In the restructure they absorbed most of Sega AM2 so you can probably add Hatsune Miku to that.

Yakuza might be one of the more tragic missed opportunities on Switch, both because most of the series made for dead easy PS3 ports and also the franchise has utterly collapsed commercially in Japan. Things could have gone so differently and unfortunately it seems the rot goes much deeper than Nagoshi. Eternal Night.

Atlus: Chris mentioned that there's 3 dev groups but I'll delve into each individually.

-1st Production (Team Maniax): Their biggest internal effort ever in SMTV, which was also their biggest success by a huge margin. They've also done a bit of Switch catalog but this is mostly outsourced (SMTIII, EO1-3) except TMS#FE Encore which Nintendo paid for. Their future is hazy imo, SMTV was huge for them but still not followed up on going on 2 years later, Soul Hackers 2 released on everything BUT Switch and bombed so hard it might've killed future non-SMT/Persona Megaten, and they have a 3rd big internal game that's been in dev alongside both. The new EO is also now apparently finally in the works (after being waylaid for SMTV support) but this group's platform strategy is sort of all over the place and rumored SMT ports (inc. PS/Xbox) are still nowhere to be seen.

-2nd Production (P-Studio): They produce Persona ports (3P, 4G, 5R) and spinoffs (Strikers, Tactica, Arena) but no internal development. P3R makes it clear that won't change, probably even on NX2. They also produce Vanillaware's games which have now moved to include Switch.

-3rd Production (Studio Zero): They paid for a Catherine FB port but that was it. Metaphor is skipping Switch but maybe will come late too. Probably not.

ILCA: Former subcontracting house that's moved up to primary dev. They probably get more attention than they warrant here. Did the mediocre Pokémon BDSP and basically nothing else. Expect nothing else.

Team Ninja: Nintendo support so far seems to be contract work (MUA3, support on Zelda/FE Musou) and remasters like the Ninja Gaiden trilogy and Fatal Frame 4-5 (which are co-developed with Gust staff). I'd expect similar support going forward though I think the extended cross-gen window means things like Wo Long will probably also hit NX2. The team has a good relationship with Nintendo historically.

Square Enix: Chris mentioned the groups that aren't close with Nintendo so I'll assume that means CBU1 (FF/KH) and CBU3 (FF/MMO) and not CBU2 (DQ/Asano) or CBU4 (Mana/Mobile).

-CBU1: Tons of remasters (FFVII-XII, Chrono Cross, Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean 1-2, Crisis Core, etc) and I expect that to continue on both Switch and NX2. FF Tactics is all but guaranteed. Kawazu's SaGa team is here too and are also all in on Switch. They also produce occasional FF spinoffs like Theathrythm or Chaos, which I expect to hit Nintendo platforms based on spec. No real AAA support though (except KH Cloud?) and Sony's deal on the FF7R Trilogy probably precludes those for the foreseeable future. Only possible question mark here is the rumored FFIX Remake.

CBU3: Did YoshiP just reveal his true colors? Nothing for Nintendo since the DQ Builders director left for Type-Moon. FFXVI is locked down by Sony moneyhats and given the insane struggle to get it on Xbox, don't expect XIV unless Nintendo pays for it.

known future projects

Bandai Namco Studios
[PS5/XBS/PC] Tekken 8
[PS5/XBS/PC] Blue Protocol
[NSW] Contract work for a 3D action game project commissioned by Nintendo (remaster)

Bandai Namco Aces (Bandai Namco Studios/ILCA)
[***] new Ace Combat

With next Ace Combat having zero chances to land on a Nintendo system we can also expect the zero Nintendo support from Bandai Namco Studios to continue.

Late to the JRPG discussion:

I don't know but I always get the feeling when people talk about the state of the genre and the reasons how we got there, they inherently blame the gerne or the consumers for it. As if it was inevitable that the gerne regressed.

People like to say that JRPG's used to be the AAA games of the snes and ps1 era but what does this even mean?

Outside of Square and Enix most publishers had other series/genres as their flagship ip. At the same time only Square and Enix released what could truly be called big budget rpgs.

Most IPs also didn't simply stopped selling but either had questionable changes in gameplay, genre or console.

I would argue that rpg (especially turnbased and srpgs) is probably some of the best genre that could circumvent the spiraling development costs. Most ARPGs have janky gameplay and basically zero enemy variety. You have to develope move sets, hit boxes and hurt boxes for the playable characters, all the enemies, every weapon type and so on. Not to speak of the additionally needed QA testing.
Nothing of that sort is really necessary for traditional JRPGs. The playable characters can have as stylish attacks as the developers desire, the enemy variety is mostly visually and in rpg convenient ways (stats, attributes , skills, etc.) and you don't have to worry about collision or anything of that sort.
The battle system can vary tremendously and can be as elaborate or as basic as you want. You can still design overworlds because it isn't necessary that the scale of the characters/world is coherent.

Now the question of course remains why such a successful genre regressed despite actually not being that prone to the woes of it's action oriented step brother.

In my opinion it is the developers that killed most of their franchises in attempts to "evolve" what wasn't broken. Especially if we consider that a lot of JRPGs simply never released in Europe. They had a whole continent as an potential growth opportunity but decided in most cases to change the formula before testing the waters.

Prime candidate is Square. They had many promising games and IPs that either had terrible decisions or were mistreated.

-Final Fantasy changed post FFX despite the game being very successful and a relatively early release on the system. FF12 was very controversial and it took the game very long to manifest.
-Chrono trigger to Chrono Cross was a very bizarre change and not really a follow up that people envisioned. Both didn't release in Europe and despite the IP having cult status SE never went back to it.
-Parasite Eve was a very promising start to a new franchise but Square somehow saw the need to change the genre with both sequels and to promote the protagonist as eye candy. The first game never released in Europe.
-final fantasy tactics and tactics ogre have both cult status and are to this day seen as pinnacle of their genre. Square never properly followed up after FFTA and TO PSP. FFT did not release in Europe.
-Valkyria franchise. A very beloved and acclaimed franchise that is mostly unreleased in Europe. Somehow had to become a full on action game with the last revival.

Capcom has Breath of Fire. Never really a big budget series but a fan favorite. Both was clearly not what people wanted at that time and despite the game being great the changes were mostly unnecessary and the game probably should have been a new IP and BoF5 the charming fantasy game that the franchise was up to that point. Capcom than proceeded to kill the franchise with a horrible mobile game.

Konami had Suikoden. A franchise that also wasn't big budget but produced good games. The third never released in Europe and since than the quality was uneven.

And I could go on and on...

People can correct me but I think that in most cases the change in gameplay/genre preceded the dip in quality/reception and/or sales. Do we have even one example of a big budget JRPG with traditional gameplay (atb or turn-based) that actually flopped. The one game we can pin point to and assume that it was the wake-up call to the japanese industry that the genre isn't viable anymore.

Now we have FF16 release to some disappointing numbers compared to prior franchise launches. But somehow the launch numbers are not so bad and totally fine actually. Just imagine how bad the numbers would have been if it wasn't full on action.

We somehow always assume some boogeyman that is turn-based is archaic and would limit the sales potential of any given franchise.

So this a list from 4chan, so I don't have the actual source, but every year they do this list and is (almost) always accurate, so I guess it could be useful as an indicator of the popularity of some franchises. Se here's... a list of franchises (mostly mobage/gacha) doujins from Comiket 102:

Blue Archive - 894 (no surprise is the new face of Comiket after replacing the once believed to be immovable Touhou)
Uma Musume - 804 (and not a single one NSFW)
iM@S - 688
TYPE-MOON - 656
Touhou - 648
Kancolle - 602
NIKKE - 317
NIKKE and other social games - 317
Genshin - 276
Arknights - 129
Azur Lane - 102
Priconne - 54
Granblue - 46

BTW, the biggest "franchise", was... vtubers, with 1170 doujins.

EDIT: The Nikke numbers is not accurate as it was actually combined with other games.

EDIT 2: Actually, went to read the list I saw again and it pointed out that the number was for "Nikke and other social games", so yeah, I can't read.

Last edited:
So this a list from 4chan, so I don't have the actual source, but every year they do this list and is (almost) always accurate, so I guess it could be useful as an indicator of the popularity of some franchises. Se here's... a list of franchises (mostly mobage/gacha) doujins from Comiket 102:

Blue Archive - 894 (no surprise is the new face of Comiket after replacing the once believed to be immovable Touhou)
Uma Musume - 804 (ans not a sinlge one NSFW)
iM@S - 688
TYPE-MOON - 656
Touhou - 648
Kancolle - 602
NIKKE - 317
Genshin - 276
Arknights - 129
Azur Lane - 102
Priconne - 54
Granblue - 46

IMG_1363.jpg

This one?

-1st Production (Team Maniax): Their biggest internal effort ever in SMTV, which was also their biggest success by a huge margin. They've also done a bit of Switch catalog but this is mostly outsourced (SMTIII, EO1-3) except TMS#FE Encore which Nintendo paid for. Their future is hazy imo, SMTV was huge for them but still not followed up on going on 2 years later, Soul Hackers 2 released on everything BUT Switch and bombed so hard it might've killed future non-SMT/Persona Megaten, and they have a 3rd big internal game that's been in dev alongside both.

You mentionned it prior but are we even sure that "3rd game" is from 1st production and that teams aren't just sharing staff between projects (which they are having read the credits)
The source you gave have no mention of it being "big" either

Since they mention "it" being developed at the same time as SMT V and SH 2 it means it's been in development since summer 2021 at the latest and probably before that, so 2-3y in development already (although we can assume it might have been in preproduction and started full development only after SMT V release potentially)

IMG_1363.jpg

This one?
Likely
The Nikke isn't at 317,it's part of others which all combined are at 317

IMG_1363.jpg

This one?
I saw the list just as text, so that's why I wasn't totally sure about it's accuracy. Looks like for example the Nikke number is not correct as @Fisico pointed out.

EDIT: Actually, went to read the list I saw again and it pointed out that the number was for "Nikke and other social games", so yeah, I can't read.

Last edited:
You mentionned it prior but are we even sure that "3rd game" is from 1st production and that teams aren't just sharing staff between projects (which they are having read the credits)
The source you gave have no mention of it being "big" either

Since they mention "it" being developed at the same time as SMT V and SH 2 it means it's been in development since summer 2021 at the latest and probably before that, so 2-3y in development already (although we can assume it might have been in preproduction and started full development only after SMT V release potentially)
If it wasn't only 1st Production then it couldn't just be one title since P3R and Metaphor (and maybe more) were both in dev then too. I know general staff is shared between divisions (it's like this at Nintendo and Capcom too) but I don't think that's enough to assume Hirata was talking about outside his dept.

The first company to figure out how to make a Blue Archive console game and put Asuna and Karin on the cover is gonna make a ton of money.

Uma Musume - 804 (and not a single one NSFW)
iM@S - 688
TYPE-MOON - 656
Touhou - 648
Kancolle - 602
NIKKE - 317
NIKKE and other social games - 317
Genshin - 276
Arknights - 129
Azur Lane - 102
Priconne - 54
Granblue - 46

EDIT: The Nikke numbers is not accurate as it was actually combined with other games.

EDIT 2: Actually, went to read the list I saw again and it pointed out that the number was for "Nikke and other social games", so yeah, I can't read.

Actually, you forgot one. Not sure why it wasn't listed, I guess people were simply biased:

- Everybody 1-2-Switch - 6969 (and every single one NSFW)

Horace wins again.

Yes, it's a joke.

Wow, pretty stacked line up for the seiyuus. Artwork looks beautiful but that's expected from sprite, their presentation is generally awesome.
And it's even getting English (and Chinese) translation courtesy of Frontwings.

I'm frankly shocked that the first thing the contractors who did Smash 4-6 didn't do was a licensed anime smash clone for the PS4/5. It's what Gamearts did back in the day.
I like this. Reminds me of Jump: All Stars which was a smash hit for the DS (considering it only released in Japan).

===

A lot of the "future support" predictions come off as overly cynical IMO. Every company wants to make money and grow revenue. Every decision-maker wants to look smart.

It's clear that Nintendo platforms have the stranglehold on the Japanese market, and there is no direct competitor on the horizon.

I am expecting the Switch 2 to get *almost everything* that makes sense for the Japanese market.
At least at the beginning, when pubs are doing the whole "overcorrection" thing (where at the start of previous gen they bet incorrectly and so are resolved to "be there early" for the next gen).

Some of this happened with Wii U, and of course we now know Wii U let everyone down.

It will be different with Switch 2, ie everyone wins :)

===

Shout out to Natsu-Mon, hope this game has legs for days, weeks, months!

Every since watching Tim Rogers' *6 hour* review of "Boku no Natsuyasumi" I've been of a mind to play one of these. Really liked "Attack of the Friday Monsters" on the 3ds.

TR's video review / pit of self deconstruction

I think the worst part about finding out about that was the teaser they released five years ago back in 2018.

Why bother teasing it if you had no intentions of even developing it? Just feels like they wanted to spite the fans.

Considering the state in which manual mapping (and the map in general) was integrated into the remaster collection, it's safe to say that even if they did start working on a new one then, it would've had a protracted prototyping phase that would've stretched development significantly anyway.
Mind you, I like how the mapping controls work out on a controller, but it's definitely a step down from (3)DS mapping which allows it while battles played out.

iM@S, another property Harada pushed unnecessarily into an early grave console side.

This one especially hurt together with GvG series for me.

Both of this game has handheld root as well. Why don't do switch version as well to get all the sales? why lock it on consoles that is underperforming in Japan. it simply shows that devs have 0 idea on the business section there.

And now? Even Im@s is struggling.

This one especially hurt together with GvG series for me.

Both of this game has handheld root as well. Why don't do switch version as well to get all the sales? why lock it on consoles that is underperforming in Japan. it simply shows that devs have 0 idea on the business section there.

And now? Even Im@s is struggling.
Yeah they decided to kill off the console side of the franchise rather than put it on Switch. The last PS game they released underperformed.
Their announced projects include mobile and VR or something. And I'm sure the producer said they have no current plans for a console game? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Are we expecting Armored Core VI to open closer to FFXVI(PS4+PS5)?
I am also waiting for Margot Robbie to potentially support a relationship with me in the coming period.

Based on past trends I think we are in the same ballpark of probability.
You can do it, dont give up

Yeah they decided to kill off the console side of the franchise rather than put it on Switch. The last PS game they released underperformed.
Their announced projects include mobile and VR or something. And I'm sure the producer said they have no current plans for a console game? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think so if i remember correctly. But yeah. with also how Im@s is declining in popularity on mobile as well. I think the ship has sailed for the franchise there. It is going to be keep bleeding in popularity just like how Kancolle did.

Vtuber still not my type. Too
Typemoon - Fate/Grand Order still strong after ending Lost belt7 and continued to new Arc, but arcade version(blame SEGA) seem near end service.
im@s - I resign lol
Blue Archive sometime I think because it's sell direct for adult content ( Doujinshi18+) that why it's had many circle made this.
Same as Nikke but I feel Nikke had some sentitive something about Japan-Korea. (likes Azurlane vs Kancole)
GenshinImpact I stop play after new patch eating my storage smartphone then it could not update.
Uma musume made other cygames look small.

Last edited:
Are we expecting Armored Core VI to open closer to FFXVI(PS4+PS5)?
After the footage I've seen I think it will do nicely, but not as much as PS5's biggest seller. Spontaneous expectation from my ass: 140k FTW and ltd 220-250k, physical only, ofc.

That's unfortunate :(
Is it true that's only releasing digitally outside Japan? If so, I might import if it includes English.
I really hope this title does OK [globally], because I highly doubt a second game will be made to complete the whole story.
Welp. That seals the non deal.
The anime stops abruptly, ok, let's wait for the next episodes.
The game stops abruptly, nope. That's just not working.
Gigantic let down.

I wonder if word of mouth will be good.

These are used prices right? Probably has to do with the underprinting of Xenoblade 2.
Yes, it's second-hand copies (中古 = used, second-hand) (ninja'ed, should always refresh page before answering 😅 )

XC2 was an anomaly with its long legs, XC3 (and DE, I guess) is performing more in line with the usual used market trends for JRPG. Also, XC3 was overshipped, which definitely didn't help.

Last edited:
According to the Japanese government, Zelda has helped increase GDP in Japan.
According to the preliminary GDP (seasonally adjusted) figures for the April-June period of 2023 released by the Cabinet Office on April 15, personal consumption, which accounts for more than 50% of the total, was weak due to thrifty spending, but "semi-durable goods" such as clothing and entertainment products stood out among them, growing 2.8% from the previous quarter. The main reason for this growth was game software, "new items were released," according to a Cabinet Office official. This statistical period coincides with the period when the new software of Nintendo's popular game series "The Legend of Zelda" was an explosive hit and created a social phenomenon. It is possible that part of this phenomenon was also reflected in the country's economic indicators. (Translated by DeepL)

Every since watching Tim Rogers' *6 hour* review of "Boku no Natsuyasumi" I've been of a mind to play one of these. Really liked "Attack of the Friday Monsters" on the 3ds.
If you want to try a Millenium Kitchen's Summer Vacation game in english/not japanese there is also the recent "Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation" which was published in abroad markets.

2022 Q3-FY {2022.10.01 - 2022.12.31}

[NSW] Bayonetta 3 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2022.10.28} (¥6.980)
[NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2022.11.18} (¥5.980)
[NSW] Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope <SLG> (Nintendo) {2022.12.02} (¥5.980)

[NSW] NieR: Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition <NieR: Automata \ NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.06} (¥4.800)
[NSW] Persona 5 Royal <RPG> (Atlus) {2022.10.21} (¥6.980)
[NSW] Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher <RPG> (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2022.10.20} (¥6.100)
[NSW] Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits # <SPT> (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2022.10.27} (¥5.980)
[NSW] Harvestella <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.11.04} (¥6.982)
[NSW] Tactics Ogre: Reborn <SLG> (Square Enix) {2022.11.11} (¥4.982)
[NSW] Sonic Frontiers <ACT> (Sega) {2022.11.08} (¥5.990)
[NSW] Dragon Quest Treasures # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.12.09} (¥7.264)
[NSW] Witch on the Holy Night # <ADV> (Aniplex) {2022.12.08} (¥6.000)
[NSW] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.12.13} (¥6.200)
[NSW] Fitness Boxing: Fist of the North Star <HOB> (Imagineer) {2022.12.22} (¥6.980)
___

2023 Q3-FY {2023.10.01 - 2023.12.31}

[NSW] Detective Pikachu Returns <ADV> (Pokemon Co.) {2023.10.06} (¥5.980)
[NSW] Super Mario Bros. Wonder <ACT> (Nintendo) {2023.10.20} (¥5.980)
[NSW] WarioWare: Move It! <ETC> (Nintendo) {2023.11.03} (¥4.980)
[NSW] Super Mario RPG <RPG> (Nintendo) {2023.11.17} (¥5.980)

[NSW] Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol.1 <Metal Gear \ Snake's Revenge \ Metal Gear Solid - Master Collection Version \ Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Master Collection Version \ Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Master Collection Version> <ETC> (Konami) {2023.10.24} (¥6.800)
[NSW] Fashion Dreamer <ETC> (Marvelous) {2023.11.02} (¥5.980)
[NSW] Star Ocean: The Second Story R <RPG> (Square Enix) {2023.11.02} (¥5.980)
[NSW] Hogwarts Legacy <WB Games> (RPG) {2023.11.14} (¥7.980)
[NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu World: Chikyuu wa Kibou de Mawatteru! <ETC> (Konami) {2023.11.16} (¥6.300)
[NSW] Persona 5 Tactica <SLG> (Atlus) {2023.11.17} (¥7.200)
[NSW] Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince <RPG> (Square Enix) {2023.12.01} (¥6.980)

Nintendo single handedly saving the Japanese economy 😆 if someone has said to me 10 years ago the position Nintendo would be in with the Wii U and then The Switch, I wouldn't have believed it. It's insane.

Damn, that Iwata "We bought Japan" meme just got a little more real. Or not.

Seriously though, Zelda did come out at a period that's usually slow for the VG market, so I guess it's not too surprising its impact on sales was noticeable.

Lol, this remind me of Monster Hunter effect there. Guess now we know how China can solve their economic problem. Just need to make moar gaming success like Zelda there lol. Will ensure China avoid Deflation.

TR's video review / pit of self deconstruction
If you want to try a Millenium Kitchen's Summer Vacation game in english/not japanese there is also the recent "Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation" which was published in abroad markets.

A fantraslation of the second Boku no Natsuyasumi (released on PS2 in 2002) has been announced by Hilltop:

The government didn't say that. As much as I love Zelda, a single product cannot affect GDP growth in a meaningful way. 2022 Japanese GDP was $4.23 trillion so $4,230 billion. A 2.8% QOQ growth would mean adding something like $30 billion.

Bahamut physical preorders chart, Week 32 2023: (Aug 7 - 13)

Bahamut is a retailer chain in Taiwan that sells consoles, games, and anime/manga-related merchandise.
Note: All special editions and collector's edition are combined into one entry, but games with multiple platforms are ranked separately. Ranking is based on cumulative number of preorders up until release.

01./01. [NSW] Super Mario Bros. Wonder [Standard Edition] (Nintendo) {2023.10.20}
02./03. [PS5] Spider-Man 2 [Limited Edition PlayStation 5 Console Cover, Limited Edition DualSense™ Wireless Controller, Limited Edition PS5 Bundle, Collector's Edition, Standard Edition] (SIE) {2023.10.20}
03./02. [PS5] Ys X: Nordics [Adol Christin Edition, Standard Edition] (Falcom) {2023.09.28}
04./04. [PS5] Ryū Ga Gotoku 7 Gaiden - Na wo Keshita Otoko [Standard Edition] (SEGA) {2023.11.09}
05./05. [PS5] Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon [Standard Edition] (FromSoftware) {2023.08.25}
06./06. [NSW] Super Mario RPG [Standard Edition] (Nintendo) {2023.11.17}
07./08. [NSW] Ys X: Nordics [Adol Christin Edition, Standard Edition] (Falcom) {2023.09.28}
08./07. [PS4] Ys X: Nordics [Adol Christin Edition, Standard Edition] (Falcom) {2023.09.28}
09./09. [PS5] Assassin's Creed Mirage [Collector's Case, Deluxe Edition, Standard Edition] (Ubisoft) {2023.10.12}
10./10. [PS4] Ryū Ga Gotoku 7 Gaiden - Na wo Keshita Otoko [Standard Edition] (SEGA) {2023.11.09}

2022 Q3-FY {2022.10.01 - 2022.12.31}

[PS5] God of War: Ragnarok # <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2022.11.09} (¥7.900)
[PS4] God of War: Ragnarok # <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2022.11.09} (¥6.900)

[PS5] Persona 5 Royal <RPG> (Atlus) {2022.10.21} (¥6.980)
[PS5] Star Ocean: The Divine Force <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.27} (¥7.980)
[PS4] Star Ocean: The Divine Force <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.10.27} (¥7.980)
[PS5] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II <ACT> (Kadokawa Games) {2022.10.28} (¥8.800)
[PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II <ACT> (Kadokawa Games) {2022.10.28} (¥8.800)
[PS4] Tactics Ogre: Reborn <SLG> (Square Enix) {2022.11.11} (¥4.982)
[PS5] Tactics Ogre: Reborn <SLG> (Square Enix) {2022.11.11} (¥4.982)
[PS5] Sonic Frontiers <ACT> (Sega) {2022.11.08} (¥5.990)
[PS4] Sonic Frontiers <ACT> (Sega) {2022.11.08} (¥5.990)
[PS5] Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten # <RPG> (Aqua Plus) {2022.11.17} (¥7.800)
[PS4] Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten # <RPG> (Aqua Plus) {2022.11.17} (¥7.800)
[PS4] Witch on the Holy Night # <ADV> (Aniplex) {2022.12.08} (¥6.000)
[PS5] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.12.13} (¥6.200)
[PS4] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion <RPG> (Square Enix) {2022.12.13} (¥6.200)
___

2023 Q3-FY {2023.10.01 - 2023.12.31}

[PS5] Marvel's Spider-Man 2 <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2023.10.20} (¥8.164)

[PS5] Sword Art Online: Last Recollection <RPG> (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2023.10.05} (¥7.700)
[PS4] Sword Art Online: Last Recollection <RPG> (Bandai Namco Entertainment) {2023.10.05} (¥7.700)
[PS5] Assassin's Creed: Mirage <RPG> (Ubisoft) {2023.10.05} (¥6.000)
[PS4] Assassin's Creed: Mirage <RPG> (Ubisoft) {2023.10.05} (¥6.000)
[PS5] Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol.1 <Metal Gear \ Snake's Revenge \ Metal Gear Solid - Master Collection Version \ Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Master Collection Version \ Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Master Collection Version> <ETC> (Konami) {2023.10.24} (¥6.800)
[PS5] Star Ocean: The Second Story R <RPG> (Square Enix) {2023.11.02} (¥5.980)
[PS4] Star Ocean: The Second Story R <RPG> (Square Enix) {2023.11.02} (¥5.980)
[PS5] Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name <ADV> (Sega) {2023.11.09} (¥5.400)
[PS4] Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name <ADV> (Sega) {2023.11.09} (¥5.400)
[PS5] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III <ACT> (Kadokawa Games) {2023.11. 10} (¥x.xxx)
[PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III <ACT> (Kadokawa Games) {2023.11.10} (¥x.xxx)
[PS5] Persona 5 Tactica <SLG> (Atlus) {2023.11.17} (¥7.200)
[PS4] Persona 5 Tactica <SLG> (Atlus) {2023.11.17} (¥7.200)
[PS5] Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising <FTG> (Cygames) {2023.11.30} (¥6.000)
[PS4] Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising <FTG> (Cygames) {2023.11.30} (¥6.000)
[PS5] Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora <ADV> (Ubisoft) {2023.12.07} (¥8.818)

Last edited:
I thought Genshin was enough to save PlaySta…ahem……China economy.

Less real estate, more impact.

Return to Shironagasu Island has sold/shipped 150 000 units on PC / Switch as of June 2023.

F3juI9AbgAAzIVf

I thought Genshin was enough to save PlaySta…ahem……China economy.

Less real estate, more impact.

Something is saving PlayStation hardware from collapsing and developers from fleeing. It's not reflected in these weekly charts.

Return to Shironagasu Island has sold/shipped 150 000 units on PC / Switch as of June 2023.

F3juI9AbgAAzIVf

Damn that's a good result. Is this the game that had issues with the Switch port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom