• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

L5 Vision, Capcom Event, and Super Mario Direct - Catch-All Thread for Discussion, Speculation, and Predictions

Vena

Following up on a similar thread recently for the Nintendo Direct: https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...-discussion-speculation-and-predictions.1366/

Super Mario Direct:

Capcom Spotlight:
https://www.capcom-games.com/showcase/spotlight/en-us/

L5 Vision:

Use this thread as a point of discussion and catch-all for all the takes for the upcoming events rather than putting into random threads like MC or NPD (or whatever they are called now), or EU charts. Direct people to this thread if discussions pop-up in other threads.

Level 5 Vision | 3:00 AM, 6:00 AM (EST)
NACON Connect | 10:00 AM (PST), 1:00 PM (EST)
The Super Mario Bros Movie Direct | 2:00 PM (PST), 5:00 PM (EST)
Capcom Spotlight | 2:30 PM (PST), 5:30 PM (EST)

Gonna be an interesting day for sure! Thanks for the post, @Vena!

Is there a reason all these presentations are happening today?

Or just a coincidence?

Level 5 seriously looks like it's back but
I haven't played inazuma's previous games but aren't the characters too slow for football? It's look like to me very boring game

Huh, that was an excellent Level 5 presentation. Outside of Inazuma, I enjoyed all the games they showed. I also almost consistently like the art style in their games.

Very well done, I'm kinda shocked.

- DecaPolice comes out on Switch, PS4, and PS5 in 2023.
- Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time comes out exclusively on Switch in 2023.
- Megaton Musashi: Wired comes out on Switch, PS4, PS5, and Steam and will festure crossplay. (No release date.)
- Professor Layton and the New World of Steam comes out exclusively on Switch, and it's puzzles will. be designed by QuizKnock. Takes place one year after Unwound Future (notably, the series didn't mention Katrielle at all) in America, where Luke's the famous one this time while Layton is anonymous.
- Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road releases in 2023. (Platforms not mentioned.) It will have in-game cutscenes produced by MAPPA.

All of these games will be released worldwide in 2023 and 2024. Honestly this might be the biggest news of all.

Wow, that was actually solid. Level 5...might actually be back. My only gripe is that we have no concrete release dates, but Level-5 did say they'll have more info on Inazuma on their dev blog.

After 10 years without new games, finally a new game, looks excellent, Ares never got his game, heh.

Full hype

- Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road releases in 2023. (Platforms not mentioned.) It will have in-game cutscenes produced by MAPPA.
They showed footage with Switch buttons both earlier this year and now at Vision 2023 , at least it has a confirmed platform.

It should be Switch/PS4/PS5 in Japan and +Steam in the west.

I still think it's weird L5 isn't following up on YW4 for the west. It was officially announced years back and never officially canceled.

After 10 years without new games, finally a new game, looks excellent, Ares never got his game, heh.

Full hype

They showed footage with Switch buttons both earlier this year and now at Vision 2023 , at least it has a confirmed platform.

It should be Switch/PS4/PS5 in Japan and +Steam in the west.
It's Switch/PS4/iOS/Android as per their website (which was just updated with the new trailer and information, so it should be up-to-date)

MY two cents on the Level-5 presentation. That Professor Layton game looks amazing through it's concepts and should be a big hit here in the UK and Europe. Inazuma Eleven also looks like it'll be a blast. Everything else will have its fans but those two really pleased me.

Safe to say, Level-5 is back.

Layton will be their most important to knock out of the park. The international sales potential is there. The new localizations will help too.

In Japan, having QuizKnock involved is going to further help market & boost sales - providing they actually advertise it to their many, many quiz fans who might not even know of Layton's existence.

Layton will be their most important to knock out of the park. The international sales potential is there. The new localizations will help too.

In Japan, having QuizKnock involved is going to further help market & boost sales - providing they actually advertise it to their many, many quiz fans who might not even know of Layton's existence.
Could you elaborate ? I don't know much about QuizKnock.

"Level 5" is currently Trending on Twitter in Spain (#16) an France (#48).

The event seams to have been well recieved.
There is demand for Layton and Inazuma Eleven and with Switch being way stronger than 3DS ever was this could lead to big numbers in Europe.

Layton is the one L5 series I'm interested in so I'm hoping we'll get remaster collections for the old trilogies.
If this game is successful enough I expect this to be the start of a new trilogy.

Maybe Katrielle can get a sequel as well. This would be something for 2025+ though.

(I'm assuming and hoping they won't change the formula and don't make a 3D world where the player has to move and look around)

That trailer didn't really show off anything awe-inspiring but it does look nice, it'll definitely be at least fun with kids.
I'm on board for the Mario movie but these segments they do in the Directs with the actors are pretty rough
That segment with Jack Black and Taylor was super awkward.

That trailer didn't really show off anything awe-inspiring but it does look nice, it'll definitely be at least fun with kids.

That segment with Jack Black and Taylor was super awkward.
I found the other segment awkward, but this segment funny. Probably cause it's Jack Black.

Highlights:
- That Blue Luma is wilding and I love it already. We're probably getting a post-credits scene with Rosalina.
- Fire DK. That is all.
- Car jacking in Mario Kart looks really cool and I hope they experiment wiht that in MK9. Make the series even more chaotic.

I'm still shocked Capcom hasn't released physical versions of Monster Hunter Rise for PS5/PS4, at least in Japan.
I can easily see them saying it's not worth the effort

going through the nacon trailers, Robocop was pretty interesting, but the reaction to Gollum is pretty damning

Every single trailer from the L5 Vision event was exciting. Hino-sama, if I ever doubted you, then I'm sorry!

Love seeing L5 coming back in full form. Truthfully I only expect Musashi and DecaPolice to actually release this year but they still had a great showing regardless.

Seems like the L5 Vision was a big success

Give people what they want and they'll be happy, I've asked for a new (console) Fantasy Life for so long so of course I like the little gameplay I saw.
Decapolice also do looks wonderful.
They took their sweet time but I'm really glad to see them finally waking up.

Movie industry site BoxOfficePro projected that the Mario movie will do 75 to 105 million opening weekend in the domestic (American) market. They have the projection for the LTD domestic gross at TBD which is unusual because they usually provide one, so this movie is one big X factor. Either way the projection data and metrics at their disposal are pointing to a movie of similar caliber as Minions 2 which nearly made a billion dollars.

Movie industry site BoxOfficePro projected that the Mario movie will do 75 to 105 million opening weekend in the domestic (American) market. They have the projection for the LTD domestic gross at TBD which is unusual because they usually provide one, so this movie is one big X factor. Either way the projection data and metrics at their disposal are pointing to a movie of similar caliber as Minions 2 which nearly made a billion dollars.
the marketing behind this is crazy strong. but when you combine names like Nintendo and Illumination, you have to bring the best

Are we gonna have a box office thread for the Mario movie? Who are the movie industry experts here?
Will partly depend on results of the current survey :)

The Mario movie will definitely have a big opening, but how much it makes in the end and it's legs depend on it's quality and wom. Based on what we've seen so far it looks to be of very high quality, potentially Illumination's best movie, definitely their best looking one at least in terms of visuals. It should have no problem becoming the highest grossing video game movie.

I'd be shocked if the Mario movie didn't exceed $100M opening weekend in the US - even $150M isn't off the table IMO. The hype for this film has been huge.

I'm not so optimistic. I hope I am wrong but while the Mario IP is super well-known, I'm not so sure how much the masses would be attracted by a movie for the IP.

Also, totally anecdotal but while the humorous sections in the trailers were nice, the Mario Kart sections did nothing for me, they seemed to me more like "something Miyamoto asked for" and at least for me these were a turnoff.

There's no reason why the SMB Movie shouldn't do similar numbers as the Minions movies. It has basically everything going for it in its favour, the release timing is perfect, and the marketing for it has been basically flawless so far.

There's no reason why the SMB Movie shouldn't do similar numbers as the Minions movies. It has basically everything going for it in its favour, the release timing is perfect, and the marketing for it has been basically flawless so far.
Honest question - what is perfect in the release timing?

BoxOfficePro updated their long range forecast on Mario. Now 71 to 105m opening weekend and 301 to 427m LTD domestically. Long Range Forecast for The Super Mario Bros. Movie
Are BoxOfficePro often right?

Back
Top Bottom