• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Konami announces the "LAUGH DiAMOND" series, an AI singing voice library that uses the speech synthesis software VoiSona. Seven songs uploaded, 4 CVs

ggx2ac

Expert
(They publish Dark Souls)
Press Release: https://www.konami.com/games/corporate/ja/news/topics/20240401/

"LAUGH DiAMOND" official website: https://www.konami.com/games/vp/
"VoiSona" official website: https://voisona.com/

Here is the playlist of seven songs from LAUGH DiAMOND:

This is not the first time Konami has announced anything to do with AI/Deep Learning: https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...-oh-card-game-the-chronicles.2366/post-227296

logo.png

main.png

The press release link has more images.

Konami made this announcement on April 01, 2024 17:00 (JST).

Press Release (Edge machine translated):
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the release of the "LAUGH DiAMOND" series, an AI singing voice library for VoiSona, a speech synthesis software that uses an AI singing engine.

The "LAUGH DiAMOND" series is an AI singing voice library that has learned the singing voices of real singers using the latest deep learning technology. You can create a song by simply typing the lyrics and notes with the speech synthesis software "VoiSona". The features of this series are that it is possible to express a singing voice full of humanity while retaining the characteristics of the singing voice and expression of the person who modeled the voice, and it is easy to create a unit song composed of multiple people, such as a duet or trio with other singers. Voices are hard to mix, and you can sing in unison beautifully.

This series (4 products in total) consists of 4 characters from the singer group "LAUGH DiAMOND" who dream of shining like diamonds at live performances: "Kanon Yamada", "Kazamatsuri Asahi", "Hibiki Takamura", and "Momoka Komurasaki".I am imagining it. The voice models were voiced by voice actors Ibuki Kido, Serina Kumazawa, Anna Suzuki, and Mizuna Shirakawa. We have also published comments from four people, so please check them out.

On the official website released today, in addition to product information, singing samples of each product are also available. Useful information to support creators, such as tips for singing production, will be released in due course, so please look forward to it!
Official website: https://www.konami.com/games/vp/

To commemorate the release, it has been decided to participate in the "Nico Nico Chokaigi 2024" to be held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba on April 27 (Sat) ~ April 28 (Sun)! Follow the official X (@ai_singer_kde) and stay tuned for more information.

Please look forward to the future development of the "LAUGH DiAMOND" series.

From that same press release there are more details.

The Story of "LAUGH DiAMOND" (Edge machine translated):
By chance, they decided to join a certain entertainment agency and formed the unit "LAUGH DiAMOND". Far from debuting, they were left in a state of neglect without having their own songs prepared, so they tried to perform live on the street by themselves. The girls set out to make a move with the aim of one day singing a lot of songs in a proper live house.
  • The key visual released today depicts the still unknown "LAUGH DiAMOND" who dreams of a big stage and performs live on the street. They don't have their own songs, so they're hungry for songs! By all means, let them sing the songs of the creators.

"LAUGH DiAMOND" series product information (Edge machine translated):
  • Kanon < Yamada (CV: Ibuki Kido) >​

Introducing the character (Kanon Yamada): A boku girl who plays a mysterious character in a wacky fashion. They say weird things like coming from outer space and the color of their hair is natural hair, but the setting changes a lot. Until junior high school, she was a low-key and inconspicuous presence, but in high school, she started cosplaying and gradually began to create characters. The goal is to become popular.

Features of the product (Kanon Yamada): Bright, energetic and unique anime voice quality, with cute endings and bounces that are slightly nasal. She can sing in a wide range of genres, but she is good at pop, rock, and especially anime songs.

~Comment by Ibuki Kido~"LAUGH DiAMOND" is a unit with unique characters, and it has a charm that makes you want to support their growth. Kanon looks like a cute fluffy wonder, but she's actually a character she's making lol! The real she is serious and firm. There are many moments when I feel like I'm speaking out for the unit and thinking about everyone, and it's a role with a human touch, so it's fun to play. Rather than "recording", I felt like I was at karaoke alone, and it was a lot of fun. No matter what kind of song you sing, it sounds like the character is singing without any discomfort, and I think that the current technology has evolved a lot. I can't wait to see Kanon singing various songs!
  • < Kazamatsuri Asahi (CV: Marina Kumazawa) >​

Introducing Chara (Kazamatsuri Chaoyang): An energetic child who lives with excitement and momentum. She is a mood maker who naturally pulls everyone along, but she is at an age where she wants her own special "something". He is particular about the value of "whether it is rock or not", but he can't play an instrument and actually knows almost nothing about rock.

Features of the product (Kazamatsuri Asahi): A singer with an extremely life-size and natural singing voice. He is the only member of "LAUGH DiAMOND" who has almost no vibrato and can naturally reproduce the feeling of a modern girl. His favorite genres are pop (uptempo) and rock.

~Comment by Marina Kumazawa~At first, I wondered what would happen to the use of AI this time. When I listened to the singing voice sample, I was surprised by the AI technology, so much so that even if I didn't sing a song myself, it sounded like I was singing it and I could only say the word "Wow!" I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of project it will be in the future!
  • <Hibiki Takamura (CV: Anna Suzuki)>​

Introducing Chara: A cool and serious rock girl. Four leaders. She has loved singing since she was a child, and started playing guitar in junior high school, performing as a guitar vocalist at school festivals and at nearby live music venues. He started composing music with the dream of becoming a professional musician, but his sense of composition was devastating.

Features of the product (Hibiki Takamura): In addition to a powerful singing voice, beautiful vibrato, and a wide variety of singing techniques, it is characterized by its ability to produce falsetto well and accurate pitch even when it deviates from the recommended range. He specializes in vocal songs with a strong presence, such as rock, vocal synthesizer songs, popular songs, and folk songs.

~Anna Suzuki's Comment~I will be in charge of the CV of "Hibiki Takamura" of "LAUGH DiAMOND". I'm Anna Suzuki! "LAUGH DiAMOND" is full of personality. Among them, Hibiki is a cool girl who seems to be the organizer of everyone. I myself love vocal synthesizers and listen to various songs on a regular basis, so I was full of excitement when I thought that the character I was in charge of would become an "AI singing voice library" and that I would be singing many songs in the future! I also listened to a sample sound source made based on the data recorded by dozens of songs, and I was surprised at the high quality. It was as if a human being was singing, and it was 10 or 100 times more amazing than I imagined...! Please watch the future of "LAUGH DiAMOND" together. Best regards!
  • <Momoka Komura Saki (CV: Mizuna Shirakawa)>​

Introducing Chara (Momoka Koshi): A girl who loves idols. When we talk about idols, we talk too fast, but when it comes to general topics or ourselves, we suddenly can't speak. Even if you actually face an idol, you will still be suspicious and will not be able to speak.

Features of the product (Momoka Komurasaki): A singer with a gentle and delicate voice and a cute singing voice. Pop music with a soothing singing voice is worth listening to, and he is also good at anime songs. It is also versatile enough to handle everything from ballads to uptempo.

~Mizuna Shirakawa's Comment~I will be in charge of the CV of "Momoka Komura Saki" of "LAUGH DiAMOND". I'm Mizuna Shirakawa! Momoka-chan is a girl who loves idols so much that she is often surprised by the amount of enthusiasm ...?!. I'm a little shy, and I feel a sense of kinship with him. I get a little fidgety when I think that the character I am in charge of will be an "AI singing voice library" and will be able to sing freely in front of you...!", but at the same time, I am very much looking forward to the many encounters I will have in the future...! We look forward to your continued support of the unique "LAUGH DiAMOND"!
* Profits from the sale of each product will be partially returned to the CVs who provided the learning audio.

trade name・Kanon Yamada
・Kazamatsuri Asahi
・Hibiki Takamura
・Momoka Komurasaki
*The product series name is "LAUGH DiAMOND"
makerKONAMI
Suggested retail priceOne-time plan: 13,200 yen (including tax) Annual
plan: 6,600 yen (including tax) Monthly
plan: 880 yen (including tax)
* The price of each product.
Release DateApril 1, 2024
Sales Formatdownload
Notice of Rights©Konami Digital Entertainment

Highlighting some questions the FAQ page on the LAUGH DiAMOND website: https://www.konami.com/games/vp/faq/

(Edge machine translated):
Q.
What is the AI Singing Voice Library?

A.
It is an AI voice group that can be used with the software "VoiSona" that can make AI voices sing.
From the "LAUGH DiAMOND" series, "Hibiki Takamura」「Kazamatsuri Asahi」「Momoka Komura Saki」「Kanon Yamada 」Four types of AI voices have been released this time.
Q.
Does the AI voice library use the CV's own voice?

A.
No. The CV's own voice is not used for anything other than learning.
The AI singing voice library may be easy to understand the image of an imitation comedian with a high degree of reproducibility.
In order to make them learn a lot, we ask the CV to sing a lot exclusively for learning, and we have them learn based on the singing data.
Q.
What is VoiSona?

A.
VoiSona is a voice creation software that realistically reproduces human singing with the latest AI technology produced and operated by Techno Speech Co., Ltd.
Based on AI technology accumulated over many years, it is compatible with both Windows and macOS and VSTi / Audio Units (AU).
Q.
What makes the "LAUGH DiAMOND" series different from other AI voice libraries?

A.
The feature of this series is that the habits of the CV from which it was learned were not corrected, but were reproduced as they were.
In order to make it an easy-to-use AI library, we may correct or modify features such as pitch, tempo, and singing, but the "LAUGH DiAMOND" series keeps them to a minimum.
As a result, it has become possible to express a singing voice full of humanity, and it has become easier to create unit songs composed of multiple people, such as duets and trios with other singers.
Voices are hard to mix, and you can sing in unison beautifully.
Q.
What is the official title of the product?

A.
The titles of each product are "Takamura Hibiki", "Kazamatsuri Asahi", "Komura Saki Momoka", and "Yamada Kanon".
The series name (generic name) is "LAUGH DiAMOND".
* How to read: Rough diamond
Q.
Will the proceeds from this product be returned to the CV?

A.
Yes. A portion of the profits from the sale of each product will be returned to the CVs who provided the learning audio.
Q.
What happens to the rights to the songs created using the "LAUGH DiAMOND" series?

A.
The rights to the music itself are owned by the creator. For more information, see VoiSona Terms and Conditions Please check.
Q.
What rights does KONAMI have?

A.
All intellectual property rights and all other rights related to "LAUGH DiAMOND" belong to KONAMI.
Q.
Wouldn't you be offended if you did a fanfic?

A.
We welcome the creation of content related to "LAUGH DiAMOND" by our customers, including expressive activities such as illustration production, which are called "derivative works".
For that guideline Please take a look at the preparations we have prepared.
Q.
What languages do you support?

A.
Only Japanese pronunciation is supported.
Q.
Can I also talk (read aloud)?

A.
We do not support talk.

Here's the terms and conditions for VoiSona in English if you wanted to look (in reference to one of the questions above): https://voisona.com/static/pdf/en/terms.pdf

As you have probably noticed, this service follows the Prosumer model. VoiSona provides the tools, Konami provides the singing data, you pay a fee to VoiSona to purchase one of the products. You do work becoming a song writer/music composer, you are not an employee of any of the companies mentioned. You sell your song to make money.

Pretend that you decide to make songs from this service to make money. Let's go to the project page from the LAUGH DiAMOND website: https://www.konami.com/games/vp/project/

Here's the system requirements (Edge machine translated):

VoiSona System Requirements​

• Supported OS: Windows 11 / Windows 10 (64bit Japanese or English) macOS 10.13(High Sierra)〜14(Sonoma)
  • CPU:Apple silicon / Intel / AMD dual-core processor or higher
    *4 cores or more recommended
    * If the processing performance is low, sound skipping may occur during playback. (File output is fine.) )
  • Memory: 4GB or more *8GB or more recommended
  • HDD:At least 1GB of free space for installation
  • Graphic: 1280 x 720 or better Full color
  • DAW:DAW software compatible with VSTi or Audio Units
  • Other: Internet connection required for installation and use

On that page is their product selection, I've selected one of the products: https://voisona.com/song/artist/kazamatsuri-asahi_ja_JP/

It takes me to the VoiSona website, it shows the profile of the song voice library "Kazamatsuri Asahi" (CV: Serina Kumazawa)
(Edge machine translated):
Language: Japanese
Recommended for vocal range: G3 to E5
Recommended tempo: 70-200 BPM

Kazamatsuri Asahi has a very natural singing voice that matches her personality and her age.

She is the only member in LAUGH DiAMOND that sings without a vibrato, making her voice stand out within the unit.
This also works to strengthen her impression of a modern girl with a warm, energetic voice that is trying her very best.
Up-tempo J-POP, rock, and Vocaloid songs are her specialty.

A characteristic point of LAUGH DiAMOND is that creating unit songs comprised of multiple singers, such as duets and trios are made simple.

Each voice retains its uniqueness and blends into a beautiful unison.

Ver1.x series can be tuned to sing like traditional Vocal Synthesizers, while Ver2.x series can be tuned in coordination with the latest AI technology, resulting in a more natural, human-like voice.

That's supposed to give you, the song writer/music composer songs to make that would fit well with this product. You scroll down to purchase the license, you'll be prompted to create an account if you don't already have one.

We already know the prices for each product:
One-time purchase -- ¥13,200 (including tax)

Or a subscription service for each product:
Annual subscription -- ¥6,600 (including tax)
Monthly subscription -- ¥880 (including tax)

So, if you wanted to make a duet with two of the members of LAUGH DiAMOND, you would have to pay for two products which means that people with a budget might choose a subscription for each product.

You've purchased the song voice libraries, how do you make the songs? You look at the manual from the VoiSona website that shows you how things work: https://voisona.com/song/manual/

Before on the product page, there was a section that mentioned guidelines for the product, here's the link to it: https://voisona.com/static/pdf/en/kazamatsuri-asahi_guidelines.pdf

Let's have a read of the guidelines for this product.

Introduction:
These guidelines provide guidance for those who wish to enjoy secondary creation using “Kazamatsuri Asahi” (a character planned and managed by Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.), which is included in VoiSona developed by Techno-Speech, Inc. (“Company”).

We hope that you will enjoy your creative activities using “Kazamatsuri Asahi” after reading these guidelines.

Rules for Voice Use (Kazamatsuri Asahi Voice Guideline):
When using voice waveforms output from VoiSona’s “Kazamatsuri Asahi” Voice Library, list “Kazamatsuri Asahi” in the credits as the name of the character used.
* Please refer to “Rules for Character Use” below when crediting “Kazamatsuri Asahi”
* Please refer to “VoiSona Terms of Use” for rules on the use of voice waveforms. (You can use the voice waveforms output from VoiSona’s Voice Libraries for commercial or non-commercial use, individual or corporate use, free of charge and without the Company’s permission. However, there are some exceptions, such as the incorporation of Voice Libraries into other musical instruments, which is prohibited.)
* It may be possible to use voice soundwaves output from “Kazamatsuri Asahi” Voice Library without credit by obtaining a separate agreement from Techno-Speech, Inc. and Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Note what is worded there in the parentheses, we'll go into more detail when looking at the VoiSona Terms of Use.

Rules for Character Use:
See the following rules for secondary creation using the character of “Kazamatsuri Asahi” (name, settings, visuals, etc.). https://www.konami.com/games/vp/guideline/

Prohibitions:
Refrain from using the character in the following expressions or contents.
- Content that violates public order and standards of decency or that is antisocial;
- Content biased toward a particular ideology, creed, religion, or political belief
- Content that infringes on the honor or dignity of a third party, or that infringes on the rights of a third party.
- Content that could be misunderstood or misinterpreted as official content planned by the Company or Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.;
- Content that seriously damages the image of the Company, its products, or its characters;
- Content that seriously damages the image of Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd., its products, or its characters;
- Any other content that the Company or Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. deems inappropriate.

This is probably the most important section I want to highlight for later.

Others:
These guidelines are subject to change without notice. The Company is not liable for any damages resulting from the changes. Please check this page as needed and use the “Kazamatsuri Asahi” voice and character within the scope set forth in the latest guidelines.

Let's now take a look at the VoiSona Terms of Use: https://voisona.com/static/pdf/en/terms.pdf

Highlighting key definitions from Article 1:
1. Definitions
“Company” means Techno-Speech, Inc.
“Service” means the software or service(s) named “VoiSona” (including updated, upgraded and modified versions) provided by the Company.
⑶ “Terms” means the “VoiSona Terms of Use,” which sets forth the provisions Users must comply with in order to use the Service.
“User” means an individual or a legal entity who, in order to use the Service, registered as a User in accordance with the provisions in Article 4, after agreeing that the Terms shall apply to the use of the Service.
⑸ “ID, etc.” means the email address and password set by the User as the login ID during User registration.
“Original Rights Holder” means the party who grants license of intellectual property rights, etc., to the Company.
“Agreement” means the agreement between the Company and the User regarding the use of the Service, Voice Libraries, and Synthesized Voices.
⑻ “Subscription Agreement” means the agreement between the Company and the User during the Subscription Period for use of Additional Voice Libraries and Additional Functions.
⑼ “Activation” means the procedures prescribed by the Company to confirm and authenticate the validity of the User’s right of use based on the Terms.
“Voice Libraries” mean statistical model data and related parameters for creating Synthetic Voices on the Service.
⑾ “Default Voice Library” means the Voice Library that can be used for free.
“Additional Voice Library” means a Voice Library that can be used by paying a fixed price in advance as set forth by the Company in the fee schedule.
⒀ “Additional Function” means a function that can be added to the Service by paying a fixed price in advance as set forth by the Company in the fee schedule.
⒁ “Subscription Period” means the period of use of each Additional Function or Additional Library as set forth by the Company in the fee schedule.
“Synthesized Voice” means any audio output generated by using the Service and a Voice Library.
“Voice Guidelines” means the terms of use for Synthesized Voices set forth for each Voice Library, separate from the Terms.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means copyrights, patents, utility model rights, trademarks, design rights and other intellectual property rights (including the right to acquire or apply for registration, etc., of these rights).

Article 6, Ownership of Rights:
6. Ownership of Rights
All Intellectual Property Rights and other rights of the Service, Voice Libraries, and documents associated with the Service belong to the Company or the Original Rights Holder.

Article 7, License:
7. License

1 The Company shall grant the User a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to install the software provided by the Service, the right to use the Service, and the right to use the Default Voice Library on the Service, on the PC., etc., managed by the User during the Agreement’s term of validity, on the condition that the User complies with the Terms, Voice Guidelines, and other laws and regulations.

2 The Company grants the User a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to use Additional Functions and Additional Voice Libraries during the Subscription Period, on the condition that the User complies with the Terms, Voice Guidelines, and other laws and regulations.

3 ⑴ The Company grants the User a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to use Synthesized Voices obtained by using the Service for commercial or non-commercial purposes, on the condition that the User complies with the Terms, Voice Guidelines, and other laws and regulations. In such a case, the fee for the Synthesized Voice in the Default Voice Library shall be free. For the Synthesized Voices in the Additional Voice Libraries, the fees shall be included in the Additional Voice Libraries fees.
(Examples)
- Using a part of a Synthesized Voice (including cut-ups and vocal chops of the Synthesized Voice) in the distribution of created music, sales of CDs of created music, and inclusion of created music in video games;
- Using a part of a Synthesized Voice (including cut-ups and vocal chops of the Synthesized Voice) in the distribution of created video, sales of video, and inclusion of created video in video games;
- Contracting of work for vocal track production for music and video works.
⑵ Regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, if User uses a Synthesized Voice itself in the manner set forth in a. through c. below, they must get prior consent from the Company, regardless of whether the use is for-profit or non-profit or commercial or non-commercial. If the User uses a Synthesized Voice itself in the manner set forth in a. through c. below without prior consent from the Company, the Company may cancel User registration in accordance with Article 15, or demand that the User cease such use.
a. Acts that assign or provide to a third party for a fee or free of charge electronic device, PC software, smartphone application, web service, etc., that incorporates a Synthesized Voice converted into stock content as a sound source;
b. Acts that assign or provide a Synthesized Voice converted into stock content to a third party for a fee or free of charge;
c. Any other use of Synthesized Voices converted into stock content.
(Examples that require prior consent)
- Sales of musical instruments such as samplers that include Synthesized Voices;
- Sales of a Synthesized Voice as sound source material;
- Inclusion of Synthesized Voices in karaoke machine or similar equipment.
⑶ The Company does not grant the User, for deep learning, machine learning, fragment splicing, or any other voice synthesis or voice quality conversion techniques (no matter the method or technique), permission to use Synthesized Voices as training data or as fragment data to generate artificial voice or carry out voice quality conversion, or to create programs that make it possible to generate artificial voice or carry out voice quality conversion.

4 ⑴ The User shall not acquire any rights other than the rights granted under the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, and shall affirm that all or some of the rights belonging to the Company or Original Rights Holder concerning the Service, Voice Libraries, artists, and characters may not be transferred to the User by any permission.
⑵ If the User seeks to use rights belonging to the Company or the Original Rights Holder other than the rights granted under the provisions of the preceding paragraphs, they shall affirm that they may be required to pay separate usage fees as set forth in the terms of usage charges to the Company or Original Rights Holder owning the rights.

That License section is important because it tells you what you as the User can do with the service. If you read what was in paragraph 3, line 2, then it will explain to you those exceptions you read before from the "Rules for Voice Use (Kazamatsuri Asahi Voice Guideline)".

Article 13, Prohibitions:
13. Prohibitions
The User is prohibited from engaging in any of the following acts, or any act that be applicable to the following acts, or any act that may encourage any of these acts when using the Service:
⑴ Acts that use a Synthesized Voice to include criminal, antisocial, or unethical content, or acts that publish or distribute such content using a Synthesized Voice;
⑵ Acts that use a Synthesized Voice to include content that violates laws and regulations or public order and standards of decency, or acts that publish or distribute such content using a Synthesized Voice;
⑶ Acts of using a Synthesized Voice for military purposes, or acts that publish or distribute such content using a Synthesized Voice;
⑷ Acts of using a Synthesized Voice in a manner that infringes on the honor, reputation, or other personal rights of the voice actor of the Voice Library, or acts that that publish or distribute such content using a Synthesized Voice;
⑸ Acts that violate the Terms or Voice Guidelines;
⑹ Acts that violate laws and regulations or public order and standards of decency;
⑺ Criminal or illegal acts;
⑻ Acts that infringe on the Intellectual Property Rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, reputation, credibility, or other rights or interests of a third party (including the Company, Original Rights Holder and other users of the Service (hereinafter “Other Users”));
⑼ Acts that discriminate against or defame a third party;
⑽ Acts that cause disadvantage, damage, or discomfort to a third party;
⑾ Acts that assign, sell, or rent the Software provided by the Service to a third party for a fee or free of charge;
⑿ Acts that assign products incorporating the Service to a third party for a fee or free of charge;
⒀ Acts that provide services incorporating the Service to a third party for a fee or free of charge;
⒁ Acts that allow a third party to use the Service;
⒂ Acts that assign or lend ID, etc. to a third party;
⒃ Acts that, for deep learning, machine learning, fragment splicing, or any other voice synthesis or voice quality conversion techniques (no matter the method or technique), use Synthesized Voices as training data or as fragment data to generate artificial voice or carry out voice quality conversion, or create programs that make it possible to generate artificial voice or carry out voice quality conversion;
⒄ Acts of using a Synthesized Voice as sound source materials for commercial or non-commercial purposes, or acts of assigning such sound source materials to a third party for a fee or free of charge, without obtaining the Company’s permission in advance;
⒅ Acts that place excessive load on the Service’s servers, etc.
⒆ Acts of decoding the source code of the Service, such as by reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, etc., or acts of extracting data without authorization from the Service;
⒇ Acts that may interfere with the provision of the Service;
(21) Acts of using the login IDs or passwords of Other Users of the Service;
(22) Other acts that Company deems inappropriate and has notified the User to that effect.

There's 24 Articles in the Terms of Use but these are the ones I'll highlight.

Here are the guidelines from Konami on the LAUGH DiAMOND website: https://www.konami.com/games/vp/guideline/

Moving on, the point of showing the guidelines and terms of use especially with regards to what you are allowed to make and what you are not allowed to make is because of something else that I wanted to reference.

There was a post I made in another thread talking about "Web3 gaming from the perspective of the industry", link: https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...try-part-2-the-asset-economy.2243/post-226575

And that post was talking about a podcast that had Serkan Toto (CEO of Kantan Games) talking about the features of Web3 Gaming, the relevant part is from 23:51 of the video timestamped here.

I transcribed what was said in that post I made, here's the transcription again:
At 23:51 of the podcast video, Toto says:
I forgot to mention one big selling point to your earlier question about the features of web3 gaming and that's decentralization. So, in theory, in the end the users take over the game from the game developer right if you look at the video game space, mobile game space, PC game space nowadays, these games are extremely centralized. You know, if you look at Minecraft for example, you can model the game, you can have your own server and you can have all of these things. But still, Microsoft the actual owner of the game still has the thumb on the game right, so they can turn off turn you off immediately if you're doing things that they don't like. So, the idea of a blockchain game is making it interoperable interoperability with other games for example also you can take your NFT from one game and if it's inside the same platform for example you can use it in another game. One of the companies that I angel-invested in recently is doing that right, so they have a platform, they have totally different games but you can take your character from one game and as an NFT and put it in a totally different game inside the same platform and the idea is that over time the original game developer that you always need even in web3 gaming so there always has to be some somebody that starts the game a company usually gives up their control, their ownership of the game over time right so and then the gamers who own the game now like completely decentralized in the theoretical world can do whatever they want with the game right, so they can change the UI, they can the change the look of the characters, they could change the direction of the story, etc. That is extremely powerful, and you can only do this with the power of the blockchain. That's the only way you can do it properly.

So, when you've already spent time learning about what you can make using Konami's singing voice libraries and the speech synthesis software VoiSona. Do you really think that companies will let you do whatever you want in Web3 Gaming? That they'll give up IP ownership of the game to people that bought a bunch of NFTs? That they won't stop you from creating anything that would damage the reputation of the IP holder when you end up with a decentralized game world?

Again, from the transcription: "...these games are extremely centralized. You know, if you look at Minecraft for example, you can model the game, you can have your own server and you can have all of these things. But still, Microsoft the actual owner of the game still has the thumb on the game right, so they can turn off turn you off immediately if you're doing things that they don't like."

Do you really think that decentralized game worlds are going to change how IP ownership works? The company is not going to transfer ownership of their IP to you. The blockchain is not going to magically make you immune to the Company's Terms of Service when you're in a decentralized game world.

That was a key point in my made-up scenario of Web3 Reading in the following post: https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...nership-gaming-web3-gaming-readygg-more.2497/

Of which no one pointed out in the thread that a decentralized world where you make your own stories using the IP of the company sounds exactly like writing Fan Fiction, except you now give money to the company to write that Fan Fiction.

I appreciate walls of text as much as anyone else, but what I'm most curious about is what makes Laugh Diamond different from Vocaloid and/or Voiceroid software that have been around for 20 and 15 years respectively? Could you provide insight on how this is different in its "prosumer" model since what you've described is pretty much what I (as an admitted outsider) understand how Vocaloid producers work?

Konami is an interesting little ducking,

The western vsynth community won’t adopt it. Way to anti AI for that.

so it’s gonna be mostly the Japanese community if they aren’t, I don’t know enough to say if they are anti AI or not.

I appreciate walls of text as much as anyone else, but what I'm most curious about is what makes Laugh Diamond different from Vocaloid and/or Voiceroid software that have been around for 20 and 15 years respectively?
From the walls of text:
Ver1.x series can be tuned to sing like traditional Vocal Synthesizers, while Ver2.x series can be tuned in coordination with the latest AI technology, resulting in a more natural, human-like voice.
Source: https://voisona.com/song/artist/kazamatsuri-asahi_ja_JP/

A wide range of singing production using old and new learning models​

Since the latest learning model (Ver2.x series) and the old learning model (Ver1.x series) are implemented at the same time, it is possible to produce a wide range of singing, from the latest human-like natural singing to conventional virtual singer-like singing.
Source (Edge machine translated): https://www.konami.com/games/vp/project/

Could you provide insight on how this is different in its "prosumer" model since what you've described is pretty much what I (as an admitted outsider) understand how Vocaloid producers work?

If you are being provided the software to produce voice synthesized songs and you are not an employee of the company but an individual trying to make money by producing a Vocaloid song to sell and, you are someone that also consumes songs produced by that company's software. That makes you a Prosumer. You don't own Hatsune Miku, but you can produce songs using Hatsune Miku's voice and that company will make money off of your work.

There's no different here, the Prosumer model has been around for many decades. Roblox is a present example of a service that runs on a Prosumer model, you can consume the services of Roblox and/or, you can produce things for Roblox while not being an employee of the company. They make money off of your work while not having to pay you wages.

Back
Top Bottom