• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Koei Tecmo Q3 FY3/2022 Financial Results

MarcoP90

Pronouns
He/Him

9Cgwoc8.png

Summary for the first three quarters of FY3/2022 (million Yen)

Sales - 55.327 (+25,9% over the first three quarters of FY3/2021)
Operating Profit - 27.127 (+40,1%)
Ordinary Profit - 38.761 (+29,7%)
Net Profit - 28.293 (+27,4%)

2opb9As.png

Sales amount by regions for the first three quarters of FY3/2022 (million Yen)

Japan - 27.617 | 49,9% of total sales (+26,1% over the first three quarters of FY3/2021)
Overseas - 27.710 | 50,1% of total sales (+25,6%); of which:

N. America - 7.118 | 12,9% of total sales (+3,4%)
Europe - 2.394 | 4,3% of total sales (-24,6%)
Asia - 18.198 | 32,9% of total sales (+51,7%)

2f6x5al.png

Sales milestones summary

Blue Reflection Tie (PS4/NSW/PC) - 120.000
Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires (PS4/PS5/XBO/XSX|S/NSW/PC) - 150.000
Fatal Frame: Maiden of the Black Water (PS4/PS5/XBO/XSX|S/NSW/PC) - 340.000
Monster Rancher 1&2 DX (NSW/iOS/Android/PC) - 50.000

Financial presentation (Japanese) - https://www.koeitecmo.co.jp/ir/docs/ir2_20220131.pdf

Thanks for the thread!
Their document is a bit light on news this time around, but nice sales updates, and good outlook for them.
Those Fatal Frame numbers are insane! And BR did well considering the usual Gust numbers (outside of Ryza) given the release period too.

When looking at the first 3 quarters of "Overseas", there is a lot of growth in Asia, NA sales mostly static, European sales have actually lessened in this period vs the previous year.
Asia (without Japan) +51,7%, N. America +3,4%, but Europe -24,6%

So while there is overall growth both in Japan and Overseas, there seems to be a problem in Europe (?)

When looking at the first 3 quarters, a lot of growth in Asia, NA sales mostly static, European sales have actually lessened in this period vs the previous year.

They did have their best-selling game of all time last FY, so makes sense they are down especially in the West.

Very surprised at how well Fatal Frame did, this certainly means that I'm expecting a new game in the franchise in the near future.

Also looking forward Touken Ranbu Musou, pre-orders are going really well in Japan from my POV - might be their best-selling Musou since Age of Calamity - just not sure what to expect from this game outside of Japan.

They did have their best-selling game of all time last FY, so makes sense they are down especially in the West.
Sure, I agree but it seems to be specifically in Europe, not elsewhere. Japan is up, Asia is up, NA is at +3.4%, only Europe is down and not by a little. I guess AOC was a greater part of their EU game sales than elsewhere, in other territories (including NA) other games must have compensated (and/or AOC did better after its launch)

Sure, I agree but it seems to be specifically in Europe, not elsewhere. Japan is up, Asia is up, NA is at +3.4%, only Europe is down and not by a little. I guess AOC was a greater part of the EU sales than elsewhere, in other territories (including NA) other games must have compensated.

Could honestly be Brexit related. A lot of the smaller publishers' prices have gone up because their European operations are UK based.

Last edited:
The sequel to a poorly received mahou shoujo JRPG selling almost as much as their flagship musou title is a mood. Good on Blue Reflection Tie, though, they seemed to have really improved the sequel.

FF5's performance is also a huge sigh of relief, hopefully this prevents FF from disappearing for long amounts of time again.

Good FF performance, being a multiplatform release really help.

Hopefully their next step is remaking/mastering Wii entries (2 and 4). And then a 6th new game.

Though man, how niche has become K-T these years. I guess thats why they want more Musou collaborations.

The sequel to a poorly received mahou shoujo JRPG selling almost as much as their flagship musou title is a mood. Good on Blue Reflection Tie, though, they seemed to have really improved the sequel.

FF5's performance is also a huge sigh of relief, hopefully this prevents FF from disappearing for long amounts of time again.
Those are worldwide sales for Blue Reflection, compared to Asia-only sales for Dynasty Warriors. It's not a fair comparison. DW9E will get another boost in sales when it launches in the West.

Good FF performance, being a multiplatform release really help.

Hopefully their next step is remaking/mastering Wii entries (2 and 4). And then a 6th new game.

Though man, how niche has become K-T these years. I guess thats why they want more Musou collaborations.
I kind of think the Wii version of 2 just gets left behind and they just remaster the original trilogy. Would love to see 4 get some sort of release, but feel like Nintendo might hold onto that one. But yeah, a 6th game is definitely coming.

Age of Calamity putting in work here. Very nice YoY growth.

That being said, I can't see anything on the horizon for K-T that will come even close to AOC's success (even considering that it is a licensed game that they have to split the revenue with themselves & Nintendo). Though I'm sure that Nintendo will be paying them a pretty penny to help out with BOTW 2 and the next Fire Emblem (I'm absolutely certain that K-T will be co-developing both games; perhaps even more that we don't already know about).

The order in which the systems are noted in the slides: are they listed in the order of sold per system? For example, Fatal Frame sold best on Switch, then PS5, then PS4, etc.?

Age of Calamity putting in work here. Very nice YoY growth.

That being said, I can't see anything on the horizon for K-T that will come even close to AOC's success (even considering that it is a licensed game that they have to split the revenue with themselves & Nintendo). Though I'm sure that Nintendo will be paying them a pretty penny to help out with BOTW 2 and the next Fire Emblem (I'm absolutely certain that K-T will be co-developing both games; perhaps even more that we don't already know about).
KT could assist, but Monolith Soft is the primary co-developer. KT might be working on some other IP rather than make a third Hyrule Warriors

Back
Top Bottom