• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

It Takes Two sales surpass 5 million copies [UPDATE 03/2024: NOW 16M!!!]

What a success story, the crazy part is that it's gonna continue to sell for years.

I always applaud quality games that bring back and push the couch coop aspect in games, especially nowadays. Well Done !!

People connect with awful, shortsighted, self centered man children masquerading as parents.

Good job on the 5 million. Big indie numbers

What a success story, the crazy part is that it's gonna continue to sell for years.

I always applaud quality games that bring back and push the couch coop aspect in games, especially nowadays. Well Done !!

Definitely, WOM is incredibly positive all around, it will likely sell a multiple of this current figure as the years pass.

So glad to see this game do well. It is probably a top 10 gaming experience all time for me.

That's absolutely insane. And it will assuredly continue to sell. And this probably doesn't even count people who played it on Game Pass right?

What a nice success.

That's absolutely insane. And it will assuredly continue to sell. And this probably doesn't even count people who played it on Game Pass right?

Gamepass downloads aren't sold copies

Well-deserved! I'm really glad for Josef Fares and Hazelight. It's so great to see him tackle unique gameplay designs and stories/settings, and achieve such wonderful success. We shouldn't underestimate the role of "big evil corporation" Electronic Arts here. Hazelight has been part of EA Originals since the beginning, and for them to take that opportunity, it first needs to be given to them: getting a budget and then give away all the profits back to the developer as soon as the game hits break even, while benefitting from all of EA's marketing knowledge and efforts. That's the best publishing deal anyone could wish for.

7 million is absolutely bonkers. I never would've expected there'd be such a big market for a co-op game

7m. Now this is great success story for gaming industry. Smaller devs, not AAA and co-op focused game with really great story featured in.

Impressive results for an amazing game.

Wonder how much the Switch version (sub-optimal as it is) contributed to the immense growth in sales the last few months.

I haven't played this game, but I am still really happy for Josef Fares. I just love his loud mouth, rebellious personality.

16M milestone
New update, It Takes Two has sold over 16M copies.

Today is not only the three year anniversary for #ItTakesTwo…
The game has now sold over 16 MILLION units!!! 🤯
Mind-blowing that over 30 million fans have now played it, love you all so much ❤️

What a way to start off a very exciting year… 👀

Looks to be also teasing a new project, possibly to be revealed this year, in the tweet as well.

Sounds like the switch port is doing pretty well. It went from 10M to 16 in about a years time
Switch version came out Nov 2022 right?

Yes that's the release date and is certainly accounting for a large portion of recent residual sales.

Another big factor is how popular the game has been in China.
If we look at the Steam reviews for the game we see that the clear #1 for this game is Simplified Chinese at 56.82%.
Daily CCU peaks are always peak Asia timezone by a wide margin.

If we look at the totality of the graph from release to now, we can see that deep discount sales coincide with big spikes.
Look at how many times the CCU of this game achieved a larger CCU count than its initial release.
We also can see how often that has happened in recent months compared to previously and that checks out with recent discounts going 65%-->70%-->75% discounts which is trending towards that "deep discount" territory which are quite popular buy in points for certain regions of the world.

Last edited:
Sounds like the switch port is doing pretty well. It went from 10M to 16 in about a years time

Switch version came out Nov 2022 right?
Yeah, we've seen the Switch version doing well in Japan lately, and taking the lion's share in the UK charts, as well.

Crazy huge success. Congratz to the devs there and hopefully more devs will do more of this kind of games as creativity will often get rewarded.

Back
Top Bottom