• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

It Takes Two has sold 3 million units since its launch

The power of Josef Fares. EA's indie partnership program has been hit or miss but Hazelight's been the standout.

Third successful game from Josef Fares. I did play first one (Brothers) and it was fantastic, didn't have a chance to try the other two but the guy and his studio are surely talented people.

Great news. Seen a lot of great streams about that (from vtubers mainly), and its great review score in a calm period probably helped.

Third successful game from Josef Fares. I did play first one (Brothers) and it was fantastic, didn't have a chance to try the other two but the guy and his studio are surely talented people.
It Takes Two is a big jump in the quality of the gameplay. Feels like something Nintendo EPD would design.

Huge success for a studio the size of Hazelight

Very happy to see it. I wonder if they will partner with EA again as their publisher on their next game or move to someone else. They'll be a studio in high demand that can get some great offers

Wow, really excellent sales for this game and it deserves every one of them. It's even more remarkable considering the friends pass exists.

Huge success for a studio the size of Hazelight

Very happy to see it. I wonder if they will partner with EA again as their publisher on their next game or move to someone else. They'll be a studio in high demand that can get some great offers
Their publishing contract with EA is so fucking good. It's basically access to free capital: Hazelight gets to keep all the profits after EA recoups. If that partnership ever breaks, I think it's because EA doesn't want to do it anymore.

Their publishing contract with EA is so fucking good. It's basically access to free capital: Hazelight gets to keep all the profits after EA recoups. If that partnership ever breaks, I think it's because EA doesn't want to do it anymore.
Yeah hard to abandon that, especially as it works out for both parties. EA gets to have nice, unique, non-AAA games in its publishing portfolio that are also profitable and Hazelight basically get their game fully funded with little risk

I guess the only way we see them leave EA is through an acquisition and Josef Fares doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would want to sell his studio and lose independence

Congrats, while I haven't played it myself from what I've seen they delivered on every level from annoncement, marketing rollout and the quality of the title. Kudos EA/Hazelight.

Great performance! Hoping for it to achieve even higher, which it might very well do - has performed very well the past quarter.

Top 3 game for me this year. Gameplay is phenomenal and it's an absoluter stunner to. One of the best looking games this year.

It Takes Two is a must play imho. I wholeheartedly recommend it.
It Takes Two is a big jump in the quality of the gameplay. Feels like something Nintendo EPD would design.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will give it a chance when opportunity arises (backlog is endless).

Brothers didn't have a unique gameplay, it was similar to Ico maybe, but the imagination and the fantasy were captivating.

I hope it gets a TGA nomination for GOTY, it's incredible how much praise games can get and still be completely off the radar of some folks.

I still plan on checking this out. Glad it's doing well and I hope more games like this can be made.

Definitely in my top 10 games for the year , and good to see it’s a success . Curious how high it can go at this rate .

Back
Top Bottom