• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Install Base Discussion Thread | OT | Happy New Year ! 🎆

Which movie do you intend to see in theaters ?

• Barbie

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Oppenheimer

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Barbenheimer

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
Install_Base_Logo_Dark_Compact.png

Welcome to the official Install Base Discussion Thread! 🥳🥳

What for ?

The purpose of this thread is to chill, bond with other members of the Community and talk about all the things Install Base covers (games, movies, mangas). As the community continues to grow, it is only natural that the desire to have conversations about less analytical topics gets stronger, so this is the place for that 😉

Moreover, if you have any need to vent, or share personal stories, this thread should definitely be able to provide conforting support ❤️‍🩹

After all, one of the hopes behind this project is to give the opportunity to members to develop or strengthen their friendships, and to allow everyone to feel that they belong to a Community ❤🙏

Polls and community games should happen quite often, depending on the demand for them 📈🏆

The Listeners

Finally, whenever you need a helpful and listening ear, we are building a team of people called the "Listeners"👂
They will get a dedicated badge to show that they are open to discuss privately, through DMs, if needed.
@Vena has been operating this part privately as a moderator with several members to promising results, and there are other people interested in helping.
We are currently drafting the guidelines and process, so now is the time to say if you are interested to become a Listener ⁉️

This thread will be eventually be kept pinned at all times. 😉

Alongside two other ones, but more on that later
🏗
📖

Thanks everyone and I hope we will collectively embrace this initiative so it can deliver on its premise 🔥👂❤️

Last edited:
I hope the site is not hacked
Not with @Jaysc supervising the technical side 😉
InstallBase Disturbing Errors OT
✅✅❌❌✅
Install Base Discussion Direct | OT |
✅✅✅❌✅
Very nice one tho 😉
InstallBase Disrupting Merger
✅✅❌❌❌
Merging with Circana so we can have a mere insight on the US would be great tho.
Tahw eht lleh si gniog no ereh 2160hcuoleL
Uoy lliw ees
Install Base Discussion Forums | OT |

Install Base Discussion Thread | OT |
I vote for that one.
dd51fc1ae38eb7f.gif

So this is basically an off-topic thread?
(Also, why all those emojis? Seems excessive.)
More like a general on-topic thread, granting more flexibility to the flow of the conversation. This is about Install Base, its gaming/movie/manga DNA and it Community.

For instance, this could be about the movies/games/mangas you recommend to others. Or a question you have, or maybe you want to share something about you to others.

As you can guess, there was no thread that would encompass all of this without being derailed, so that's the idea.

I might have overdone it with the emojis, they were meant to illustrate the more laid-back approach of this thread 😜

More like a general on-topic thread, granting more flexibility to the flow of the conversation. This is about Install Base, its gaming/movie/manga DNA and it Community.

For instance, this could be about the movies/games/mangas you recommend to others. Or a question you have, or maybe you want to share something about you to others.

As you can guess, there was no thread that would encompass all of this without being derailed, so that's the idea.

I might have overdone it with the emojis, they were meant to illustrate the more laid-back approach of this thread 😜
TL;DR: This is a Media Create thread but without people derailing it with Japanese sales numbers 🤭.

I can see myself being more active in this thread since I'm usually just lurking in some other threads.

Maybe it's best to start by (re)introducing myself:

I'm Simar and I've started following the sales discussions (Media Create threads) without an account at ResetEra.
My hobbies are mostly reading manga and playing games. Watching anime was a big hobby as well but I'm watching less every year.

I used to play only on Nintendo Handhelds and PC but now I also own a PS5 and a XSS.
The list of games I've played this year is pretty short though since I've spent 300h+ in FFXIV (Heavensward+Stormblood, my first FF).
Currently I'm on a planned hiatus to play TotK (finished it last week) and XVI (I really liked the demo and have avoided most "directs"/"showcases" etc).
Xenoblade 3 FR was another highlight this year.

My favorite manga are One Piece, Hunter x Hunter and Chainsaw Man.
Currently I'm reading Monster by Naoki Urasawa and the Monogatari Series (light novels) by NISIOISIN (I've already watched the anime for both of these).

So like a general Nintendo/Playstation/Xbox thread but for numbers and stats nerds?

If there is a Direct this week, I fear derailment is inevitable.

Anyone into versus debates around here? A different type of analysis from sales.
Sometimes, I browsed r/whowouldwin back in the day but I find people are unwilling to agree on certain terms so often if feels like you’re speaking different languages. (Which is why I think it’s better to avoid comic book characters when possible.)

I’m just here to say that Messi leaving PSG is a blessing and I hope Mbappé follows.

He’s turning into PSG’s Messi with how detrimental to the club he is

Sometimes, I browsed r/whowouldwin back in the day but I find people are unwilling to agree on certain terms so often if feels like you’re speaking different languages. (Which is why I think it’s better to avoid comic book characters when possible.)
Oh comic books are insane to use since they have decades of different writers and artists.

Vs battles and controversial opinions surrounding them are always an interest of mine. I'm into the debate and argument more so than the outcome.

That and power scaling.

Oh comic books are insane to use since they have decades of different writers and artists.

Vs battles and controversial opinions surrounding them are always an interest of mine. I'm into the debate and argument more so than the outcome.

That and power scaling.
Without power scaling most Dragon Ball characters would be weak little ants. I really dislike the power scaling discussion in series like One Piece though since a lot of it is based on guesses, estimates and things not yet revealed to the audience.

Since this is a more laid-back thread, would I be able to say that I want Pokemon Let's Go Johto and it wouldn't be a waste of money and get away with it?

You know, hypothetically speaking.

Without power scaling most Dragon Ball characters would be weak little ants. I really dislike the power scaling discussion in series like One Piece though since a lot of it is based on guesses, estimates and things not yet revealed to the audience.
I find the meme around DB in particular to be funny as technically super powerful characters like Vegito Blue are only city block level going by on screen feats 😄

One Piece is a series I love to read but stay away from when it comes to power scaling. Pretty casual there. Dragon Ball, Naruto, Jojo, I'm all in.

Since this is a more laid-back thread, would I be able to say that I want Pokemon Let's Go Johto and it wouldn't be a waste of money and get away with it?

You know, hypothetically speaking.
I like how Let's Go looks and wouldn't mind a follow up game (or even a second series of remakes) if there are some QoL improvements.

IIRC LG didn't allow e.g. pro controllers.

Ideally battling wild Pokémon should be an option since I don't like catching the same Pokémon multiple times just to get experience.
This isn't a big issue though since with BDSP and the other Switch games catching Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon is already easy so the boxes aren't as important.

It would also be great if they could bring back some events from past iterations (Celebi, the special Pichu etc) and make them transferable to HOME.

Gold was the first Pokémon game I (and my brother) owned so I would welcome some Johto pandering after all these years of Kanto pandering.

I like how Let's Go looks and wouldn't mind a follow up game (or even a second series of remakes) if there are some QoL improvements.

IIRC LG didn't allow e.g. pro controllers.

Ideally battling wild Pokémon should be an option since I don't like catching the same Pokémon multiple times just to get experience.
This isn't a big issue though since with BDSP and the other Switch games catching Gen 1 and 2 Pokémon is already easy so the boxes aren't as important.

It would also be great if they could bring back some events from past iterations (Celebi, the special Pichu etc) and make them transferable to HOME.

Gold was the first Pokémon game I (and my brother) owned so I would welcome some Johto pandering after all these years of Kanto pandering.
They definitely need to not force motion controls when docked, especially given how finicky they were.

I started with gen 1, but I found gen 2 better in pretty much every way so I also want some Johto pandering. Kanto is in gen 2 anyway so it's not like gen 1 would be hurting for pandering.

I find the meme around DB in particular to be funny as technically super powerful characters like Vegito Blue are only city block level going by on screen feats 😄

One Piece is a series I love to read but stay away from when it comes to power scaling. Pretty casual there. Dragon Ball, Naruto, Jojo, I'm all in.
So how are you ranking the Buus between them ? ;)

Same, the best power scale I've ever seen in a manga is World Trigger. Its extremely good and no BS what soever when it comes to fights.

He's just Kid Buu.

Now the question that many people like to argue over is who was stronger, Goku and Gohan before the final time skip. This would also tie into whether you think Kid Buu is stronger than Super.
Orange Piccolo

I'd be happy to help out as a "listener" if anyone feels overwhelmed by their headspace and just needs somebody to talk to.

It is interesting how, despite the fact that so many folks are part of like-minded communities on the net, they feel more cut off and lonely than ever, and that can really start to take its toll if you aren't able to figure out how to deal with it. So if anybody feels like they need someone to vent to on occasion, I'm happy to listen. We don't even have to get into real names or other IRL details or anything of the sort.

(And please don't be put off by the grim-looking L-Cat avatar. I made him when I was 15, which is like 20 years ago at this point, haha. I just can't bear to part with him after two whole decades.)

I may as well mention this while we're at it, too. Something else @Lelouch0612 and I have been kicking around is the idea of people getting together for community nights in voice chat. The goal of this would be to allow people to engage with each other in a more "human" way that doesn't involve typing away angrily at one's keyboard all the time.

We're thinking maybe weekly, maybe fortnightly... We haven't quite figured it out yet. It's something we'd need to gauge interest in before we really start to commit to it. Is being able to hang out in voice chats to watch conferences, discuss sales figures (etc.) on a semi-regular basis something folks are interested in?

Last edited:
It works better in a gaming setting. Something casual and friendly. But I essentially just play WoW and Diablo 3/4 so my options are rather limited (and the 2-3 Picross puzzles each night)

It works better in a gaming setting. Something casual and friendly. But I essentially just play WoW and Diablo 3/4 so my options are rather limited (and the 2-3 Picross puzzles each night)

Diablo 4 could definitely be interesting. Monster Hunter works very well for hanging out, too, whether it's World or Rise.

Back
Top Bottom