• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

France 2023 Top 20 sales on PC and consoles

From Chloe Woitier (that regularly has interviews/articles about the industry in France):

Official Top 20 from @SELL_JeuxVideo just came out :
1) FC 24
2) Hogwarts Legacy
3) Zelda TOKT
4) Mario Wonder
Note that Baldur's Gate 3 isn't present because Larian doesn't share their numbers
GJJN8eJWAAANfV7
Doesn't count bundles.
Doesn't include digital for Nintendo.

edit: full report pdf here (page 25 for this pic).

edit 2: PC here
gGNrcai.png

There is a difference between the charts who are from GSD with the limitation you listed and the full markets stats.

These wider stats are estimate for the full market and come from SELL estimates not GSD.
GSD is one of the sources used by SELL to draw these estimates but not the only one.
(Data are completed by Gametrack estimates).

Also Take 2 digital is always include by GSD they never had issue with them.

Also about GSD:
Ah, that's great to know. So just to confirm SELL estimates full market coverage including non-panel digital (Nintendo, Valve, Epic, CDP, etc)?

Ah, that's great to know. So just to confirm SELL estimates full market coverage including non-panel digital (Nintendo, Valve, Epic, CDP, etc)?
Yes

France full game software (retail+digital; PC+Console):
GSD panel1034M€
SELL estimate1503M€

GSD cover 69% of the full game software market in France.

I wonder how much of the console market specifically the GSD panel covers, cause I bet most of the missing stuff is on PC.
Console is definitely higher, the panels are majority console centric pubs and it includes full packaged sales. 31% of the total market being missing is a huge gap tbh.

I'd wager majority of PC is missing in this coverage. Also majority of Switch digital too, and that being a not insignificant chunk.

I wonder how much of the console market specifically the GSD panel covers, cause I bet most of the missing stuff is on PC.

This is for full game software. I can't think of many big pubs of full game software missing on PC that will notably change how dominant console share is.

F2P and MTX is missing on the console side as well and for a lot of the biggest F2P games, Fortnite, Warzone, Apex, GTA, FIFA, RL, console is a lot bigger than PC there as well. PC focused F2P would be like Blizzard, Riot, Valve, maybe Roblox. MMO is likely in sub category.

This is for full game software. I can't think of many big pubs of full game software missing on PC that will notably change how dominant console share is.

F2P and MTX is missing on the console side as well and for a lot of the biggest F2P games, Fortnite, Warzone, Apex, GTA, FIFA, RL, console is a lot bigger than PC there as well. PC focused F2P would be like Blizzard, Riot, Valve, maybe Roblox. MMO is likely in sub category.
Larian alone is one obvious major example with just one title. Pocketpair another recent one. CD Projekt. Valve. etc. There are going to be significant FGS missing PC side here, the majority of PC sales most likely.

Back
Top Bottom