• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Football Manager 22 (Sports Interactive/Sega) Sells 1M Units

Who knew an excel sheet could sell so much! (have been playing since 09 and is the only yearly sports franchise I still play I love how the franchise has grown in the past years)

That's awesome! Football Manager is really underrated in the amount of data and effort they put to make their games as authentic as possible.

1M total sales on PC in 7.5 months and a daily peak of 74k on steam, 50k playing right now. That is some insane player retention. I would have guessed it had way more total sales given a daily peak of 70k+ so long after launch.

FM2022 is the first of the series to launch day one on game pass too, I wonder how that affected things.

Great and well deserved! It really is an example in development perspective, I even used it in my daily job some times (when working on some sports stats data).
My little football website is even in the game (pardon me a bit of bragging lol).

I still expect its audience to expand over the years. It's hardly a niche anymore, IMO.

Congrats to the team

Licensing apart , Football Manager must be one of the best series that has the best Budget/profit ratio , Sega is guaranteed an annual million seller for a nearly text simulator

Back
Top Bottom