Final Fantasy XV shipments reach over 9.8 million copies

The series is a sales monster but definitely on a decline if they go at it like this. With all the sales channels, live servicing and price cuts I feel it should have done more.
I disagree. Nearly 10 million for a mainline game and so many players on the MMO that they have to pull it from stores are headlines companies dream of.

The series had been mismanaged as of late with abominations like CHAOS and bandwagon jumping battle royal smartphone shooters getting greenlit but the core series is in pretty good shape despite Square's shenanigans.

I disagree. Nearly 10 million for a mainline game and so many players on the MMO that they have to pull it from stores are headlines companies dream of.

The series had been mismanaged as of late with abominations like CHAOS and bandwagon jumping battle royal smartphone shooters getting greenlit but the core series is in pretty good shape despite Square's shenanigans.
CHAOS makes me nostalgic for 360/ps3 era, so I am more positive to it 😂

For a game that broke even on launch day, I think reaching 9.8 million is a good result, even if it reached that mark with some deep discounts.

I don't understand the relevance of bringing up day-one profitability, is anyone claiming the game lost money or something? It feels like a talking point for an argument no one is having here.

I don't understand the relevance of bringing up day-one profitability, is anyone claiming the game lost money or something? It feels like a talking point for an argument no one is having here.

I'm not arguing with anyone, I'm just posting my perspective in regards to the game's performance from a statement said by the devs themselves. You're free to consider it a useless post or something.

Back
Top Bottom