• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Fantasian (Mistwalker) Nears 1M Downloads on Apple Arcade

I wonder how that works money wise? Like I wonder how much Mistwalker gets per download on Apples All-you-can-eat service. Good result either way. I wish we could get some of their earlier output on modern platforms.

I wonder how that works money wise? Like I wonder how much Mistwalker gets per download on Apples All-you-can-eat service. Good result either way. I wish we could get some of their earlier output on modern platforms.
Between this and GamePass it would in general be nice if we had more of an insight on what kinda deals diffrent games or devs are getting. We know that it varies on GamePass depending on the title and I would assume it's the same on Apple Arcade. I remember there being some rumblings about the actual time a App is actively being used being a potential indicator as well, so not just the amount of Downloads but the time people actually play the games.

There is so little information available that we have to be thankful for every bit of it.

Fantasian was a showcase title and has yet to appear on other plattforms so I would assume they got very favorable deal compared to games that might be older or showed up on consoles or Google Play as well.

Between this and GamePass it would in general be nice if we had more of an insight on what kinda deals diffrent games or devs are getting. We know that it varies on GamePass depending on the title and I would assume it's the same on Apple Arcade. I remember there being some rumblings about the actual time a App is actively being used being a potential indicator as well, so not just the amount of Downloads but the time people actually play the games.

There is so little information available that we have to be thankful for every bit of it.

Fantasian was a showcase title and has yet to appear on other plattforms so I would assume they got very favorable deal compared to games that might be older or showed up on consoles or Google Play as well.
It seems like it's a upfront pay to developers. I also don't doubt Apple is backing the development of some games(I strongly suspect Fantasian is one of them). They only public info is that it isn't based on user-engagement like Google Play Pass:

It seems like it's a upfront pay to developers. I also don't doubt Apple is backing the development of some games(I strongly suspect Fantasian is one of them). They only public info is that it isn't based on user-engagement like Google Play Pass:
If its really only an upfront payment im surprised that its still an Apple exclusive. They probably had a separate longer exclusivity deal going on because Apple might have funded some of the development compared to other Apple Arcade games.

Finally some kind of baseline for the downloads of a Apple Arcade exclusive. That's very solid, Mistwalker should be happy.

Especially when you consider that Terra Battle only netted 1.8 million downloads as a free to play game before it was shut down.

That's really great! I've been wanting to play it, but I'm holding out for a PC/Console release. If it doesn't happen, I'll use the iPad.

Finally some kind of baseline for the downloads of a Apple Arcade exclusive. That's very solid, Mistwalker should be happy.

Yup
not subscribed to Apple Arcade, but I hope the developers are happy.
Even if I'm not a user, I think that the initiative gave us some VERY solid experience (I've enjoyed some Apple Arcade game that came out for the Switch too, after awhile - Grindstone in particular! - I wonder if this will be ported too, sooner or later)

To make your game almost risk free and see this kind of result must be really good for the developers.

I wonder if we'll see Fantasian on PC/Consoles at this point. I suspect this is an Apple exclusive.
Usually this kind of Apple Arcade games appeared on Switch after 6 months from the launch on the service.
So I would wait at least until February 2022 (if Mistawalker wants to sell the two episodes combined) since the second part was released last August.

Usually this kind of Apple Arcade games appeared on Switch after 6 months from the launch on the service.
So I would wait at least until February 2022 (if Mistawalker wants to sell the two episodes combined) since the second part was released last August.
Oh, I wasn't aware that there was a pattern. I hope they do a console release then.

Still hoping that we will ever get a switch port there. This especially had chance of doing decently on switch considering how well Jrpg fans had been supporting the genre on switch.

Back
Top Bottom