• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Do you believe Elden Ring will reach Bandai Namco's forecast of 4M units sold by March 31st, 2022 ?

How much do you think Elden Ring will send by the end of March 2022 ?

• It'll be far below BN goal (<3m)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • It won't be very close to reaching it (3m-3.5)

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • It will fall a bit below it (3.5m-4m)

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • It'll reach it (4m-4.5m)

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • I will confortably beat it (4.5m-5m)

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • It will reach new heights for BN and FS (5m+)

Votes: 50 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
elden-ring-panorama-arbre.jpg.webp

From Software cemented themselves as one of gaming's best developpers. Over the past years, the likes of Dark Souls III, Bloodborne and Sekiro were met by critical and commercial success.

Elden Ring is therefore coming with a lot of expectations and the biggest scope for a From Software game yet, incorprorating elements of their past works into a big open-world.

During their last Q&A, Bandai-Namco mentionned that they are expecting 4m copies from the game this FY. With the recent delay, the game is now launching on February 25th, which will give it a big month to sell that amount. It seems like, despite FS publishing the game in Japan, those are included in that amount.

Here is a summary of their past games performance :

Sekiro : 2m in 10 days
Dark Souls III : 3m copies in ~1 month (20 days more in Japan/Asia)
Bloodborne (PS4 exclusive) : 1m sold-through in 10 days, 2m in 5 months

So, now that the beta happened, and given everything mentionned here, do you believe Elden Ring will sell 4m copies in a bit more than a month ?

Last edited:
Between it being a From Software game and has GRRM to give it even more cache, I'd say 4M is reachable.

I am certain it hits or surpasses it , especially confident after recent impressions.

I voted 4.2m-5m. I think the hype is huge and the game will deliver, but at the end is a Dark Souls 4 in a open world, so i dont expect the game to greatly expand From audience.

I voted 4.2m-5m. I think the hype is huge and the game will deliver, but at the end is a Dark Souls 4 in a open world, so i dont expect the game to greatly expand From audience.

It's apparently going to be easier than Dark Souls too. Think more Souls meets AssCreed/BOTW/TW3/etc. Or like, Dragon's Dogma.

EASILY, something really bad with Bandai's marketing should happen for it not to achieve 4M+ in a month.

I believe that they will. Hype is real, From Software is now a prestige developer, open world, BN will push it hard, and it has the GRRM branding attached to it.

It's apparently going to be easier than Dark Souls too. Think more Souls meets AssCreed/BOTW/TW3/etc. Or like, Dragon's Dogma.
For what i see, around an hour, the magic is broken (like in Deamon Souls but whith more variety) and you can always summoun people to help like in every Souls, but the core gameplay with sword its pretty much the same. The way story is tell, most of game mechanics, menus... Its pretty much a Dark Souls, with a bit of stealth from Sekiro and a broken build.

If it was more like TW3 or DD, i will be there day one.

It should be the MH World moment for the Souls franchise. 4 platforms + PC.
I bet 4 millions first week.

People way underestimating the hunger for a proper follow up to Dark Souls 3 (which has sold over 10 millions copies at this point) alongside the hype Elden Ring has generated for itself over the years.

It's releasing on all the relevant platforms (besides Switch) and the network test has generated further positive buzz. I personally think it's gonna meet and even surpass their expectations.

People way underestimating the hunger for a proper follow up to Dark Souls 3 (which has sold over 10 millions copies at this point) alongside the hype Elden Ring has generated for itself over the years.

It's releasing on all the relevant platforms (besides Switch) and the network test has generated further positive buzz. I personally think it's gonna meet and even surpass their expectations.
Looking at the poll results, though people might choose the "wrong" range (since only one can be correct), I hardly see anyone that I would call "underestimating the game"... Unless you believe it will do 10 million or more in 5 weeks.

Who is underestimating? The general public?

Not my kind of game, but there is too much hype around it to bet against it reaching that mark, seems like an accurate goal to me.

I don't know but this being the first Souls game since Sekiro and the hype being able to transcend generations, I.P.s and developers leads me to believe the audience of masochists has only grown. If Anime Souls can sell 2 million, a one-off sell 5 million how much more could this one do? It's open world, has George RR Martin's name recognition and it's cross gen.

It can flirt with the idea of competing with Monster Hunter World for crown of best selling third party Japanese game.

Even with a crowded release month, it has incredible buzz going into next year. I'm more interested in if it can hit 15-20 million units in its lifetime.

I think the better question is by how much they surpass that goal. I can definitely see this game surpassing DS3's LTD if it's as good as it appears to be.

Not sure if the GRRM connection is worth nearly what it was when this project entered production, lol. They certainly are trumpeting it a lot less in marketing.

A worthy comparison would be with Resident Evil Village which was also a big JP cross-gen title :

Launch - 3.5m units
1 month - 4m units
2 months - 4.5m units
5 months - 5m units

Elden Ring has the advantage over RE in being open world, multiplayer, and having a large and active content creator scene, so I'm bullish on From's game in comparison

Looking through Network Test footage -- not at all. It's got some things like summonable spirits and your horse to help players but the gameplay is classic Dark Souls through and through.

I expect them to beat that forecast, the hype is real and I can say NamcoBandai has done a good job with the marketing and promotion. Especially how they handled the network test with the different outlets. And with From Softwares track record and also being loved by critics we should be seeing a 90+ meta. so good reviews plus hype it’s should do extremely well.

Honestly see it being FROMs biggest game release.

The game looks really good and all the video reviews from the network test that are up on youtube looks very positive.
It should easily sell more than DS3 that was still pretty niche when it launched.

This is how a launch should be made. An open "test" a quarter before the release that makes everyone go OMG it is soo good after the 10 hour playthrough.
They gambled big on the open test and I think it will pay off big time.
I will buy two copies day one. One for me and one for the boy.

DS3 was no where near the word niche at that point. Every game since Demon’s was a certified multimillion seller and Demon’s was also at least a million seller.

Last edited:
Didn't know they have an offfical public targate for the game.
Have a feeling this game will be huge. A lot bigger than any other Souls like game. Even I'm interested now.

Everything seems to be pointing to this opening pretty huge and if past from soft games are to go buy likely talked about and legging it out for years to come afterwards . So i feel yea it hits its 4m FY target and then some .

It’ll smash those expectations and I honestly see this reaching far beyond the sales of their previous games. This feels like the most hyped next gen game to date and the sky is the limit in terms of sales.

Yeah I think this will be From's best selling game by a pretty wide margin.

Yes I think it will. Harada, Miyazaki, Bandai Namco and FromSoftware deserve this success

Given all the hype I can't imagine they won't smash it and get it first week

Embargo should be lift up tomorrow and depending on how the game lands in that 90+ scale, it could have a big positive impact on launch sales.
I think even if it doesn't reach 90+ score (which it will reach considering all the positive news from previews) it will still beat the forecast without problems.

I think will crush that number thanks just the virtue to be a multi-platform game. Hype is unreal with this game.

Back
Top Bottom