• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Disney Dreamlight Valley hits 1 million players in 10 days

I believe I saw a couple videos/articles that it was a good game but I didn’t give it much thought. May have to give it a oook to see if it’s something the kids may enjoy.

It is a good game, really good value even in its paid EA period.
I wasn't sure about buying it at first since I know it's going to be F2P in a few months, but I don't regret it.

That's far from being over. This game will see a spike in sales during the holidays. Hogwarts' release might help it too.

Thats quite good for a game that is gonna be f2p soonish, numbers should explode by then.

Then again its also on GP, but at this point ive learned to not expect the craziest players numbers even if games are on GP. They compete with a lot of other GP content as well and people wont try everything even its free.

GP likely skews older quite heavily - its not really a family focused service.
How is it not ? Dont know based on what data you could make that statement. From what we are hearing GP is all about introducing all type of gamers to the type of games they usually wouldnt play and there are a lot of family friendly games on that service.

These games are played by more people than the single person that pays for the sub. Skewing older usually also means family, parents that play with their children or set up accounts for them.

Then again i dont even know what family focused would mean int hat context - what other gaming sub service would you consider to be family focused ? Not like any other can compete with the GP offerings.

That seems weirdly low? Isn't the game on GP and it charted high on eShop and Xbox charts

How high did it chart on the Xbox rankings, actually? Did it manage to enter in the Top 10 since its launch both as a paid item and on GamePass? Also, do we have anything about its performance on PlayStation?

We do have something about its Steam release: as of 09:41 CEST, September 17th 2022 there are 5.821 concurrent users; the game reached a peak of 13.292 ccus 6 days ago.

How is it not ? Dont know based on what data you could make that statement. From what we are hearing GP is all about introducing all type of gamers to the type of games they usually wouldnt play and there are a lot of family friendly games on that service.

These games are played by more people than the single person that pays for the sub. Skewing older usually also means family, parents that play with their children or set up accounts for them.

Then again i dont even know what family focused would mean int hat context - what other gaming sub service would you consider to be family focused ? Not like any other can compete with the GP offerings.
Sorry family is probably the wrong word, more games targeted at younger children. Whilst there will be some audiences from kids with a parent who has Gamepass, a kid with their own dedicated console is not getting the same value from GP as someone older.

I think the type of customers for this kind of Game is not in Xbox, then that is why seems low,but I think this game is working good in switch even if this is not free yet

Currently, on the French eShop, base version is 1st place (Splatoon is 2nd), Ultimate Edition is 3rd and Deluxe is 12th, so it is having very good success here.

Currently, on the French eShop, base version is 1st place (Splatoon is 2nd), Ultimate Edition is 3rd and Deluxe is 12th, so it is having very good success here.
Above Splatoon in France is quite an achievement. This thing is big.

This week’s Switch eShop US

All Games

2. Disney Dreamlight Valley
3. Disney Dreamlight Valley Ultimate Edition

24. Disney Dreamlight Valley Deluxe Edition

All Games

Nomura and co. holding serious KH efforts hostage from the Nintendo audience is such a bummer.

lol

All Games

Wow.

The non-Marvel/Star Wars side of Disney has stronger selling power in video games than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom