• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Community Discussion and Moderation Feedback

Hi, sorry to bother.

I check this forum in both my PC and in my phone. For the phone I added the "chrome app" to my home screen, the problem is that there's no refresh button at the top, Install Base seems to have the same core as Famiboards and in Famiboards there's that refresh button I'm talking about.

You think is something that can be added?
We'll look into it!
Should be there now.

I've seen some people posting multiple posts in a row. The most elegant solution to that would be automatically merging them into one post. Would you look at the "Auto Merge Double Posts" add-on? (Original thread, working Github source)

I've seen some people posting multiple posts in a row. The most elegant solution to that would be automatically merging them into one post. Would you look at the "Auto Merge Double Posts" add-on? (Original thread, working Github source)
I thought of getting this, but I wasn't expecting double post to happen regularly enough to be concerned. I'll let the team know.

I don't expect it to happen regularly either, but I think everybody will be more relaxed if it just can't happen even by accident. :) Thanks for looking at it!

I did not expect the general opening so soon.
hope this place can keep its calm.
Well, it's not the full launch yet, and we will continue to keep the threads (aside from the OP) hidden to non-members, but there's been a lot of new demand today after ResetEra management announced the sale of the forum to MOBA Network.
Great forum. Is there a way to disable auto-emoji?
Not for individual users, as far as I know.

Well, it's not the full launch yet, and we will continue to keep the threads (aside from the OP) hidden to non-members, but there's been a lot of new demand today after ResetEra management announced the sale of the forum to MOBA Network.
that's okay.
I just wouldn't like to see members getting mobbed, bullied and scared away as on era. that was a disgrace.
I count on the mods' high standards and sharp sticks.

Is there a "Welcome" thread anywhere?

I used to participate a lot in MC threads in the mid-late 00s on GAF, but since the Resetera launch life started to get in the way so I mainly stuck to lurking.

Either way, it's great to be back and to see so many familiar faces, even if I am unrecognised to most (switched between a few usernames, mainly to hide my identity from the algorithm). Used to contribute Mario sales graphics around the time NSMB was blowing up in the charts. Also created a few threads back in the day before Chris stepped in with the excellent weekly updates.

MarioSalesChart_thumb.jpg

Great to be back. And congrats on the launch! Looking forward to lurking again, haha.

Is there a "Welcome" thread anywhere?

I used to participate a lot in MC threads in the mid-late 00s on GAF, but since the Resetera launch life started to get in the way so I mainly stuck to lurking.

Either way, it's great to be back and to see so many familiar faces, even if I am unrecognised to most (switched between a few usernames, mainly to hide my identity from the algorithm). Used to contribute Mario sales graphics around the time NSMB was blowing up in the charts. Also created a few threads back in the day before Chris stepped in with the excellent weekly updates.

MarioSalesChart_thumb.jpg

Great to be back. And congrats on the launch! Looking forward to lurking again, haha.
That's an amazing graph !

Welcome to Install Base taidama :) It is great to have you.

Welcome!

Other than the the sticky threads on the Announcements and Dialogue forum (so basically Rules, General Guidelines and perhaps the Staff List), not really... What would you expect from a Welcome thread? Because we could make one ;)
Thanks! Personally, I recognise a lot of names/avatars when browsing the MC threads on the old board, but I don't really know a lot about anybody outside of a few. I'm a bit late to the party, having missed out on last month's unfortunate set of events due to family affairs, but I'm sure that during this time many have come to know each other in Discord or elsewhere.

Either way, now the sales community has come together on its own board, such a thread might be a nice way of getting to know (about) other members of the community – oyaji as well as newcomers.

That's an amazing graph !

Welcome to Install Base taidama :) It is great to have you.
Most appreciated. Good to meet you too! About the charts, I clearly had way too much time in my hands back in college. Kept it going for a while, but nowhere near as much dedication as other members providing their resources. It was an honour to see charts pop up on other sites and to see other members keeping the trend going, though! My single and only accomplishment throughout college 😂

Thanks! Personally, I recognise a lot of names/avatars when browsing the MC threads on the old board, but I don't really know a lot about anybody outside of a few. I'm a bit late to the party, having missed out on last month's unfortunate set of events due to family affairs, but I'm sure that during this time many have come to know each other in Discord or elsewhere.

Either way, now the sales community has come together on its own board, such a thread might be a nice way of getting to know (about) other members of the community – oyaji as well as newcomers.
I'm going to set something up :)

I don't know how the pc version since my pc is broken but I have a suggestion gor the mobile version: can you put the page number and the previous/next page buttons on the top of the page too?

Hi, sorry to bother again. I read in other forum that there are some cases in which a forum is sold the threads might be deleted over a period of time.

While I was going through the MC archive threads I remembered and it worries me that the resetera thread could be deleted. Is this something to be concerned? Are there any other backups in the format that Chris posts the data?
Also wondering if web scraping could work in case there's no backup. Sorry if I'm being paranoid

Hi, sorry to bother again. I read in other forum that there are some cases in which a forum is sold the threads might be deleted over a period of time.

While I was going through the MC archive threads I remembered and it worries me that the resetera thread could be deleted. Is this something to be concerned? Are there any other backups in the format that Chris posts the data?
Also wondering if web scraping could work in case there's no backup. Sorry if I'm being paranoid
those who own the forum can do with the content whatever they like I guess. I don't think threads are protected by copyright or anything.

I don't know how the pc version since my pc is broken but I have a suggestion gor the mobile version: can you put the page number and the previous/next page buttons on the top of the page too?
This should be enabled.
Great forum. Is there a way to disable auto-emoji?
Not without doing it globally that I'm aware of, sorry.
Yes, this would be a great addition. Also arrows to jump to the first and last post of a thread.

Still thinking about the mobile version, maybe also being able to see which member posted last in any given thread from outside the thread (right now I can only see how recent was the last post).
Both of these should be done now.

This should be enabled.

Not without doing it globally that I'm aware of, sorry.

Both of these should be done now.

I can confirm that all 3 features are working perfectly. Navigating the forum is so convenient now! Thank you very much, you are doing an amazing job!

fuck dark and light.
What happen to the cool themes? Why there's not a deep blue, a red blood, or something particular for one fucking time? :mad:
waiting for the cyan and blue polka dot theme

I was wondering if there are any plans for a Twitter bot so that some like myself can keep track of new threads while on Twitter or elsewhere.

I think it would be useful to have a new prefix added which covers topics posting sales data that don't fall specifically into the other categories (eg Media Create or NPD). Threads for Steam charts, eShop charts, Mobile charts, etc could use this prefix, for example. Maybe call it "Sales" / "Data"/ or "Charts"?

edit- maybe "Platform Charts" would work if we are referring to threads about sales from a platform's digital storefront

Last edited:
I think it would be useful to have a new prefix added which covers topics posting sales data that don't fall specifically into the other categories (eg Media Create or NPD). Threads for Steam charts, eShop charts, Mobile charts, etc could use this prefix, for example. Maybe call it "Sales" / "Data"/ or "Charts"?

edit- maybe "Platform Charts" would work if we are referring to threads about sales from a platform's digital storefront
Steam charts was being considered, or at least something specific to the PC market.

We are thinking of ways to sort out organisation of threads. It was difficult before since we needed to see what content users are writing to understand fully how the forum should look. We'll take these thoughts into consideration and I'll reply when we add any new prefix.

It seems I am no longer able to add new people to an existing conversation (?) Is this a bug, a feature, has the functionality moved, or is it still in front of me and I just don't see it?

Not sure if it was talked about already (sorry if it was), but on the technical side:
Is it possible to change the tab preview description order, or remove the tag part? I have the habit to open multiple tabs at once, and it often doesn't get readable this way.

Pic so it's more understandable what the issue is:
ZBabK2D.png

Would be better to have the tag at the end (or not in the description), so you immediately know what the tab is about rather than having 3 opened about "industry news" (or similar).

It seems I am no longer able to add new people to an existing conversation (?) Is this a bug, a feature, has the functionality moved, or is it still in front of me and I just don't see it?
How many people are you adding? We limited it to 5 people originally in order to prevent mass DM. I've increased it to 20 now. Let me know if it works.

Not sure if it was talked about already (sorry if it was), but on the technical side:
Is it possible to change the tab preview description order, or remove the tag part? I have the habit to open multiple tabs at once, and it often doesn't get readable this way.

ZBabK2D.png

Would be better to have the tag at the end (or not in the description), so you immediately know what the tab is about rather than having 3 opened about "industry news" (or similar).
That's a really good point. Should be changeable but I'll run it through the team first.

How many people are you adding? We limited it to 5 people originally. I've increased it to 20 now. Let me know if it works.
Thanks! I'm adding them as they join our eShop chart thread as volunteers for additional charts :), since they need to join the conversation and get instruction changes. 20 should be more than enough though...

ZBabK2D.png

We've changed this now.

Hi, thanks so much for the work in creating this space. ☕

Would we be able to get markdown turned on for writing posts? I find its a lot faster than reaching for the interface buttons!

While I'm glad the Junior status isn't displayed (junior shaming is such a stupid concept) how will one know they have "graduated"?

So in the PC version I keep seeing any bolded text as blurry instead of bolded. Is it just me? I'm not sure if it's a visualisation problem on my side.

Example: this text should be bolded, not blurry.

While I'm glad the Junior status isn't displayed (junior shaming is such a stupid concept) how will one know they have "graduated"?

They're able to buy Shin Sakura Wars.🤭

I imagine the "Post thread" button will show up?
It is like Oregano said but we'll work on a solution that will make it clear that you became a full member.
Maybe I just can’t find this info anywhere but is there anyway for us to contribute financially to the site?
Nothing of the sort is currently on the forum. We have to set up a few things behind the scenes before accepting donations.

So in the PC version I keep seeing any bolded text as blurry instead of bolded. Is it just me? I'm not sure if it's a visualisation problem on my side.

looks fine / as expected on my end

I'm on PC, and it looks fine (bold) to me? (Windows 10, checked on both Chrome and Firefox)

I'm pretty sure the feature was there when i got accepted but it's not that bad as long as you remember to finish reading a page before you close a tab.
It was essential while lurking in ResetEra tho since i didn't have an account and had to bookmark the latest comments.

A nitpick i have: Most of the time OP/Original Poster is used (e.g. General Guidelines) but the comments are also marked with "Thread starter".

Back
Top Bottom