• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Atlus output strategy | Discussion thread

Well (I assume) MS paid for SMT Nine on Xbox, so this wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. I imagine that MS wanted all the big Atlus properties, not just Persona. Of course, it'll probably do as well as any other late JP RPG port on Xbox, put Sega will take the check easily. I'm more curious about what platforms a potential SMTV DX version would launch on. Would it be multiplat day 1 or Switch 1st again?

edit*

Last edited:
Only SMTIII (and I guess Strange Journey) went the DX route. For V I'd hope for a new engine/asset reuse based spinoff probably instead, like II/if or IV/Apocalypse.

I was thinking more like 4 Apocalypse.
Oh, I thought you meant like a rerelease with more content. I agree that something more like "V Final" is the way to go.

And it'll definitely lead on Switch, though if the series went multi that'd be cool too. I just wonder who's going to make it since I'm guessing the EO staff want to get back to that? Maybe just the Maniax half of the SMTV team and then the SH2 team replaces EO staff for support?

Last edited:
Anything that gets me SMT4 on modern platforms is appreciated, so sure, I hope this rumour is true

Do you have source that MS paid for SMT Nine?
No, but that's just an assumption, like all the other xbox exclusives that showed up in the first 1-2 years. Even if they didn't pay for it, they do at least have some history with the platform. And hey, if they didn't pay back then, they've most definitely payed to get SMT on GP. After seeing SHa2 launch day and date on Xbox platforms, I feel like Microsoft just went to Sega with a big bag of cash and has been working to get their non-Sonic titles on the platform. I don't think we'll ever see something like NINE again, but I think if MS wants to change or grow their audience, stunts like the "Persona on Xbox" at E3 2022 are necessary going forward.

So Microsoft's big game plan for Japan is to just buy out all their competitors' exclusives. Them going for the mainline SMT titles isn't a surprise, though it'll be a first for Atlus to port their dual screen games elsewhere. I wonder how sustainable this strategy is though, since we all know it does nothing in terms of sales on Xbox. It's difficult to assess how much impact these games have on GamePass subscriptions as well, so we don't know whether it's paying off or not. How long can they keep paying for ports? I really doubt Xbox will ever have a decent audience for Japanese games that can motivate devs like Atlus to port games without a big bag of cash. It will be interesting to see how this strategy continues throughout the next decade.

No, but that's just an assumption, like all the other xbox exclusives that showed up in the first 1-2 years. Even if they didn't pay for it, they do at least have some history with the platform. And hey, if they didn't pay back then, they've most definitely payed to get SMT on GP. After seeing SHa2 launch day and date on Xbox platforms, I feel like Microsoft just went to Sega with a big bag of cash and has been working to get their non-Sonic titles on the platform. I don't think we'll ever see something like NINE again, but I think if MS wants to change or grow their audience, stunts like the "Persona on Xbox" at E3 2022 are necessary going forward.
Nine originally supposed to be online game in an era when online consoles were not. My guess is that the game was actually meant for the Dreamcast which had online and was ahead of its time. When Sega pulled the plug they tried the other online console. But considering it’s one of the only JRPGS on a console that has a huge RPG library, I think if MS has paid for that game; it would have had an English translation.

I think it’s just happenstance that game ended up exclusive.

Last edited:
Nine split it's online component early in dev (before it was announced even iirc) and that game was supposed to come later but still taking place in the same world and sharing data from Offline Nine. And actually the work done on Online Nine ended up becoming the foundation for SMT Online: Imagine on PC, though dev moved from Nextech to Cave.

I remember Atlus being talked about as a company that took MS investment early on for exclusives (Nine Online/Offline) and using it mostly to actually make PS2 games (Nocturne). Same was said about Level 5 with TFLO and DQVIII (though design wise most of TFLO's dna actually wound up in Fantasy Life imo). Don't ask me for a source though, lol, this was 20 years ago!

So Microsoft's big game plan for Japan is to just buy out all their competitors' exclusives. Them going for the mainline SMT titles isn't a surprise, though it'll be a first for Atlus to port their dual screen games elsewhere. I wonder how sustainable this strategy is though, since we all know it does nothing in terms of sales on Xbox. It's difficult to assess how much impact these games have on GamePass subscriptions as well, so we don't know whether it's paying off or not. How long can they keep paying for ports? I really doubt Xbox will ever have a decent audience for Japanese games that can motivate devs like Atlus to port games without a big bag of cash. It will be interesting to see how this strategy continues throughout the next decade.
That's what's scary about Big Tech: they don't really need it to be sustainable, a Microsoft quarter can easily offset any investment.

You don’t sell Xbox and Game Pass based on these Japanese games ports. You address your weakness with the ports, then you sell people on other things like the upcoming slate of first party games from Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda. Addressing weaknesses is important even if it doesn’t lead to direct sales, all platform holders need to do that. You do it so you eliminate “but what about X?” impulses when someone is considering an Xbox for Starfield or something like that.

And since they’re going for ports and not exclusivity, I’m not even sure it’s expensive or unsustainable.

Nine split it's online component early in dev (before it was announced even iirc) and that game was supposed to come later but still taking place in the same world and sharing data from Offline Nine. And actually the work done on Online Nine ended up becoming the foundation for SMT Online: Imagine on PC, though dev moved from Nextech to Cave.

I remember Atlus being talked about as a company that took MS investment early on for exclusives (Nine Online/Offline) and using it mostly to actually make PS2 games (Nocturne). Same was said about Level 5 with TFLO and DQVIII (though design wise most of TFLO's dna actually wound up in Fantasy Life imo). Don't ask me for a source though, lol, this was 20 years ago!
I’m fully aware of when that component was split but the time frames are a bit too narrow

OG Xbox didn’t even launch until February of 2002. Nine came out on December 2002. There is 10 month gap between these two events. Sega pulled the Dreamcast pulled 2001 which would have be during development of Nine.

MS *may have* given some investment money to them but the game had never been intended for the PS2. Also, Nocturne was technically complete two months after Nine. Their development would have been at the same time so financially it would be very hard to prove Atlus didn’t spent the money on Nine.

Personally I think your source was just spinning a tale.

I’m fully aware of when that component was split but the time frames are a bit too narrow

OG Xbox didn’t even launch until February of 2002. Nine came out on December 2002. There is 10 month gap between these two events. Sega pulled the Dreamcast pulled 2001 which would have be during development of Nine.

MS *may have* given some investment money to them but the game had never been intended for the PS2. Also, Nocturne was technically complete two months after Nine. Their development would have been at the same time so financially it would be very hard to prove Atlus didn’t spent the money on Nine.

Why were they so trusting of Xbox, a new player at the time, I wonder? Sure it was only one game, but it was the next mainline SMT game and they made it exclusive to a new platform. In fact, a lot of publishers and devs seemed pretty gungho about Xbox in the early days and even the 360. Certainly more trust than they gave the Switch before launch.

Why were they so trusting of Xbox, a new player at the time, I wonder? Sure it was only one game, but it was the next mainline SMT game and they made it exclusive to a new platform. In fact, a lot of publishers and devs seemed pretty gungho about Xbox in the early days and even the 360. Certainly more trust than they gave the Switch before launch.
First Nine isn’t mainline and Nocturne was right around the corner literally. Plus it was vastly different era.

Atlus was onboard for the Switch I mean SMT V. Plus if it’s not a rumor and they do remaster IV; it’s going to have a Switch port. I mean so far it’s only Soul Hackers 2 that’s not on Switch.

I mean, it wasn't one source, it was just generally acknowledged and by people in the Japan industry waaaay back in the Gaming-Age Forums days. I dunno, it doesn't seem implausible and early in the Xbox days MS was throwing around tons of cash to publishers to get games on the system.

And don't get me wrong, I know Nine was never PS2 bound. The implication was MS threw cash at Atlus for SMT and they used it mainly on Nocturne while farming out Nine on the cheap to Nextech. Nine was never planned for Dreamcast afaik.

I mean, it wasn't one source, it was just generally acknowledged and by people in the Japan industry waaaay back in the Gaming-Age Forums days. I dunno, it doesn't seem implausible and early in the Xbox days MS was throwing around tons of cash to publishers to get games on the system.

And don't get me wrong, I know Nine was never PS2 bound. The implication was MS threw cash at Atlus for SMT and they used it mainly on Nocturne while farming out Nine on the cheap to Nextech. Nine was never planned for Dreamcast afaik.
The whole thing is not impossible. It’s just unlikely. Non Persona SMT games didn’t start getting English translations until Nocturne and at that time period MS didn’t really have anyone onboard with knowledge of Japanese only franchises. You are telling me they open the piggy bank for a game that would have been unknowns to them and then didn’t specify an English version? Or a developer they would have never heard of? And the dev kits wouldn’t have been out until late 2001 when the game was already in development.

Sorry but something doesn’t smell right.

But I think it best to leave this conversation here

The whole thing is not impossible. It’s just unlikely. Non Persona SMT games didn’t start getting English translations until Nocturne and at that time period MS didn’t really have anyone onboard with knowledge of Japanese only franchises. You are telling me they open the piggy bank for a game that would have been unknowns to them and then didn’t specify an English version? Or a developer they would have never heard of? And the dev kits wouldn’t have been out until late 2001 when the game was already in development.

Sorry but something doesn’t smell right.

But I think it best to leave this conversation here
Yeah Nine was so far back that I don't know if we can extrapolate anything to current day MS anyways. Regardless, I think if SMT 3-5 end up on Xbox (especially GP), we can probably agree that MS paid for it in some way. My bigger theory is that they went back to Sega after the Yakuza deals and asked for Atlus games.

I'm confused, why does anyone think MS has the rights to SMT NINE just cos it was on OG Xbox?
Atlus/Sega fully owns the rights to SMT NINE and the entire franchise.
You can even take a look at the back of the box: ©️Atlus 2002.
It's up them to decide if they want to bring back NINE (they probably wont).

43077-shin-megami-tensei-nine-xbox-back-cover.jpg

I don’t think that was the suggestion, just that they paid for its development. Microsoft was pretty liberal with the IP of projects it funded anyways, they don’t own most of the stuff they paid for in the OG+360 days, so it wouldn’t be strange for them to find an Atlus project where they don’t get to own anything.

I don’t think that was the suggestion, just that they paid for its development. Microsoft was pretty liberal with the IP of projects it funded anyways, they don’t own most of the stuff they paid for in the OG+360 days, so it wouldn’t be strange for them to find an Atlus project where they don’t get to own anything.
Perhaps let’s steer this back on topic. I just went off topic because assumptions are no facts.

But I agree with you that MS is probably funding these port to address a hole in their armor. It’s not to necessarily entice new users.

But the good news is the ports most likely won’t be exclusive and I’m all favor of more SMT games moving to modem platforms. Especially with death of the 3DS store.

Its more like have very late ports on Gamepass, and that's a big problem for Xbox as the majority of an audience will buy the game/console by the time it arrives on Gamepass years later.

It will be interesting to see how the current releases work in that framework: if Persona 6 remains a Playstation exclusive or not, if DQ12 comes to Xbox at launch etc

I'm sort of curious how PCGP is doing in Japan given PC's now the second largest "HD games" platform market in the region (16m+). Maybe that's a better vector for entry in Japan/Asia generally and MS should re-prioritize content acquisition around that?

People would be mad either way. Cutting the shitty The Answer is better than getting rid of the superior P3P content.

Devil survivor died so we can get Soul Hackers 2 lol.

Are certain people finally willing to admit the whole "Atlus hates Nintendo" narrative was bunk? lol

Are certain people finally willing to admit the whole "Atlus hates Nintendo" narrative was bunk? lol

Don't think I fit into that group but I would be cautious about what to expect from Atlus, in general and for Nintendo in particular. For me the really relevant games to see on Nintendo hardware are the new ones. Can we be 100% sure that Nintendo Switch will be listed as one of the platforms for the upcoming Persona 6? For project Re: Fantasy? Does any of those Etrian Odyssey ports changes what happened with Soul Hackers 2?

Because if Atlus keeps releasing ports and late-late ports only to Nintendo I still would consider their support subpar.

Don't think I fit into that group but I would be cautious about what to expect from Atlus, in general and for Nintendo in particular. For me the really relevant games to see on Nintendo hardware are the new ones. Can we be 100% sure that Nintendo Switch will be listed as one of the platforms for the upcoming Persona 6? For project Re: Fantasy? Does any of those Etrian Odyssey ports changes what happened with Soul Hackers 2?

Because if Atlus keeps releasing ports and late-late ports only to Nintendo I still would consider their support subpar.
We can't be sure about support for any non-PlayStation platform for Persona 6. That is however not a change from the status quo to begin with, it was true in the DS and 3DS days, and no one would call that support bad.

We don't know about what platforms Re:Fantasy will target. At all. We can't say it will come to anything with any certainty. All we know is that Studio Zero has so far released games for PS4 and Switch (and Vita); which is utterly meaningless information.

Soul Hackers 2 represents one Atlus game that skipped the Switch, it does not change the fact that with that one exception, every single Atlus game announced or released since 2020 is either a Switch exclusive, or includes a Switch version. Yes, the decreased volume of their output on Switch sucks, but they have a decreased volume of output everywhere.

We can't be sure about support for any non-PlayStation platform for Persona 6. That is however not a change from the status quo to begin with, it was true in the DS and 3DS days, and no one would call that support bad.

We don't know about what platforms Re:Fantasy will target. At all. We can't say it will come to anything with any certainty. All we know is that Studio Zero has so far released games for PS4 and Switch (and Vita); which is utterly meaningless information.

Soul Hackers 2 represents one Atlus game that skipped the Switch, it does not change the fact that with that one exception, every single Atlus game announced or released since 2020 is either a Switch exclusive, or includes a Switch version. Yes, the decreased volume of their output on Switch sucks, but they have a decreased volume of output everywhere.

I agree with what you say.

But the problem with Atlus is that they're not treating Nintendo as the market leader that it is, and their last newly developed game did purposefully skip the Switch with no logical reason we can think for. Can't think about SH2 as an exception because it was their latest and supposedly ambitious third pillar, and they chose to left Nintendo out. So why they would release bigger projects like Persona 6 if one like SH2 wasn't worth it?

I don't think Atlus hates Nintendo, but I think that something is clearly wrong in its platform choices, and I fully expect Sega to step up and fix that. But can't blame people to be disappointed with Atlus ongoing Switch support, frankly.

That is however not a change from the status quo to begin with, it was true in the DS and 3DS days, and no one would call that support bad.
Well that's because Atlus was releasing Trauma Team, New Etrian Odyssey games, SMT games, Historia, Persona Q, etc

For switch they have release a port of SMT 5 and a bunch of mostly late release ports. That's like EA level IMO

Well that's because Atlus was releasing Trauma Team, New Etrian Odyssey games, SMT games, Historia, Persona Q, etc

For switch they have release a port of SMT 5 and a bunch of mostly late release ports. That's like EA level IMO

How is SMT V a port? A port from what? The game isn't available anywhere else.

It’s amusing to me that SH’s biggest legacy will be people talking about it skipping switch. I have no idea why such a throughly mediocre game acquires such an oversized import in talking about Atlus. I don’t think even a day-and-date Persona release stops it from being a hot topic at this point.

People still trying to act like Atlus don't treat switch like step child with far lower budget and care vs 3DS era is laughable.

3 old DS remastered without 3DS untold content is not the win u are looking at. Especially the pricing of 40 bucks per game and 0 physical on the west lol.

1. SMT5 is not a port
  2. SMT5 is the only exclusive game they have put out in 3 years, and it is exclusive to the Switch
  3. SMT5 is their (as of right now) highest budget project ever
  4. SMT, while not having the popularity or critical acclaim of Persona, is nonetheless Atlus' second most important franchise, and remains significantly important to them. The latest entry in that IP is Switch exclusive
  5. This exclusivity as explained in the previous four points, is in addition to every single other Atlus game in the last 3-4 years either having a Switch version, or being a Switch exclusive. The only exception is a game that was so low budget and so poorly optimized that it being beyond the technical or financial scope of the project to get it optimized for the Switch when they couldn't even properly manage it for Xbox One, is a perfectly reasonable (and backed by the state of the game, recorded by technically inclined outlets such as Digital Foundry) explanation that some people refuse to believe, and instead have somehow decided to use this one exception to point to a narrative or trend that is quite literally the opposite of what every other data point we have seems to suggest.

I agree with what you say.

But the problem with Atlus is that they're not treating Nintendo as the market leader that it is, and their last newly developed game did purposefully skip the Switch with no logical reason we can think for. Can't think about SH2 as an exception because it was their latest and supposedly ambitious third pillar, and they chose to left Nintendo out. So why they would release bigger projects like Persona 6 if one like SH2 wasn't worth it?

I don't think Atlus hates Nintendo, but I think that something is clearly wrong in its platform choices, and I fully expect Sega to step up and fix that. But can't blame people to be disappointed with Atlus ongoing Switch support, frankly.
Sorry, I’m not sure how I missed your reply.

I don’t think Atlus is treating Switch as the market leader because that’s never how they’ve operated. With every single system, usually Atlus takes a few years to transition to it and once they do, their volume for the system increases for a few years as they steadily reuse tech, and they stay with that system long after its life is logically done. They’ve done this with PS2, DS, 3DS, PSP, PSV, PS4, and now Switch.

The logical reason for SH2 skipping Switch does exist; it’s an incredibly low budget game with even worse technical optimization. It’s a game that they could barely get running on Xbox One because they don’t have the know how. It is absolutely not an unreasonable assumption that a Switch port was simply beyond the budget and technical means of the project. Not because the Switch is too weak, or anything like that, but because they clearly couldn’t optimize Unity well, and they didn’t have the money to outsource it to someone who would. This is backed by the state of the game at launch, as well as technical analyses done on it.

If you still want to believe the reasons run deeper than just what Occam’s razor would suggest, then okay, let’s accept that for a moment; however, at that point, the very public failure of SH2, and the public acknowledgment of its failure by management (a first for an Atlus game since the P3/P5 dancing debacle), contrasted with, say, their public acknowledgment of the success they found with SMT5, or the P5R port, or even the SMT3 remaster, would probably be enough reason to suggest they won’t be making decisions that stupid again.

All of which is to say — I don’t think at this point any reason exists to suggest Atlus is treating Nintendo differently with any intent.

Atlus definitely had diminished output on Nintendo systems compared to 3DS, but I feel that’s just the cost of living in the HD era and the general rise of development periods. Even first party studios across the board are having diminished output, I don’t think that points to any specific issues in the Atlus-Nintendo relationship.

1. SMT5 is not a port
  2. SMT5 is the only exclusive game they have put out in 3 years, and it is exclusive to the Switch
  3. SMT5 is their (as of right now) highest budget project ever
  4. SMT, while not having the popularity or critical acclaim of Persona, is nonetheless Atlus' second most important franchise, and remains significantly important to them. The latest entry in that IP is Switch exclusive
  5. This exclusivity as explained in the previous four points, is in addition to every single other Atlus game in the last 3-4 years either having a Switch version, or being a Switch exclusive. The only exception is a game that was so low budget and so poorly optimized that it being beyond the technical or financial scope of the project to get it optimized for the Switch when they couldn't even properly manage it for Xbox One, is a perfectly reasonable (and backed by the state of the game, recorded by technically inclined outlets such as Digital Foundry) explanation that some people refuse to believe, and instead have somehow decided to use this one exception to point to a narrative or trend that is quite literally the opposite of what every other data point we have seems to suggest.
My mistake. I meant to say SMT AND a bunch or ports. I know SMT isn't a port. Sorry for the confusion.

But with regards to your other points it's like saying Level 5 support was great before the direct (or even after) compared to the ds and 3ds. Sure the switch gets most of their games but it's not comparable to their output before.

Additionally as others have mentioned many expect P6 to skip switch and be honest you wouldn't be surprised if anylother of their games pulled a SH2. For a week everyone thought the p3-5 ports were skipping Switch and that seemed entirely possible! That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

My mistake. I meant to say SMT AND a bunch or ports. I know SMT isn't a port. Sorry for the confusion.

But with regards to your other points it's like saying Level 5 support was great before the direct (or even after) compared to the ds and 3ds. Sure the switch gets most of their games but it's not comparable to their output before.

Additionally as others have mentioned many expect P6 to skip switch and be honest you wouldn't be surprised if anylother of their games pulled a SH2. For a week everyone thought the p3-5 ports were skipping Switch and that seemed entirely possible! That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
I would suggest not looking at oversocialized forums prone to emotional outbursts to gauge what is and isn't likely. Myself and others pointed out it was probably a simple marketing thing. It'd be more insightful to look at the teams behind a project, the state of the market when preproduction began, scope of the project, etc.

Last edited:
As much as the drama is way drawn out and boring the reason Soul Hackers 2 skipping Switch is notable is precisely because Atlus' breadth of games has dramatically contracted as they went HD.

Prior to this gen they had one side of the company producing SMT, EO, DeSu, Radiant Historia, TMS and one side doing Persona. Persona was PS exclusive, and the rest were Nintendo focused/exclusive. The side that was producing most of the games has consolidated down to one team doing SMT/EO and one doing Soul Hackers, and the Persona side has split into two to produce Persona and Re:Fantasy.

So Atlus has four teams producing new content. Two of them are assumed off the bat(almost certainly accurately) to not be making games for Nintendo platforms, one of them put out a Switch game and the other is MIA(and they reiterated today they're having difficulty with EO) and the last one which previously produced a whole bunch of games for Nintendo systems skipped it.

So essentially the company has gone from at least 2/3 of their new game output being on Nintendo to probably 1/4.

I know this thread is basically a discussion on which platform Atlus releases which games on... But I'm most baffled by their pricing strategies. On one side you see their franchises that don't sell that much being very expensive, with the Etrian Odyssey remasters being $40 each and the Nocturne remaster being $50... And then you see Persona, their biggest seller, having highly demanded ports being sold for dirt-cheap. It's crazy.

I know this thread is basically a discussion on which platform Atlus releases which games on... But I'm most baffled by their pricing strategies. On one side you see their franchises that don't sell that much being very expensive, with the Etrian Odyssey remasters being $40 each and the Nocturne remaster being $50... And then you see Persona, their biggest seller, having highly demanded ports being sold for dirt-cheap. It's crazy.
They should've been selling both Persona 3/4 and Etrian Odyssey 1/2/3 for $30 each instead of $20 for Persona and $40 for EO.

They should've been selling both Persona 3/4 and Etrian Odyssey 1/2/3 for $30 each instead of $20 for Persona and $40 for EO.
IMO 20 for each Etrian Odyssey would make more sense for what it is. And I don't even mean for growing the franchise, as I don't think there's anywhere it can go without a dual-screen console (still hate the fact that they never did a full-blown title on Wii U).

Nocturne could've also been quite cheaper as trying to grow the audience for SMT would've been a better strategy than what they're seemingly trying to do: nickel and dime the people that are already into the franchise.

Persona could've been $60 and it would've sold well.

IMO 20 for each Etrian Odyssey would make more sense for what it is. And I don't even mean for growing the franchise, as I don't think there's anywhere it can go without a dual-screen console (still hate the fact that they never did a full-blown title on Wii U).

Nocturne could've also been quite cheaper as trying to grow the audience for SMT would've been a better strategy than what they're seemingly trying to do: nickel and dime the people that are already into the franchise.

Persona could've been $60 and it would've sold well.
SMT3HD still sold over 600k, on par with SMT4. I think they should've put more effort into it and not launch it with the issues that it had at launch.

The side that was producing most of the games has consolidated down to one team doing SMT/EO and one doing Soul Hackers,
This isn't exactly true as we know 1st Production had 3 "major" inhouse projects being done in tandem; SMTV, SH2 and a 3rd unconfirmed one (which was probably the EO Collection). 1st Production staff moves around a lot and too much was probably made about some EO leads working on SMTV, that doesn't mean total project/team consolidation.

#FE TMS
13 Sentinels
SMT V/ SMT 3HD
P3P/P4G/P5R/P5S
EO HD Collection and likely EO Next

Not quite sure why people here always act as if Nintendo gets the raw deal in terms of Atlus releases when no other plattforms has gotten more JRPGs from Atlus in the last couple years.

PS. The games are worth was Atlus is charging for them at launch, they will be on sale down the line an be sold for sub 20 game each. People have to realize that getting a game at launch or full price is a privilege not a birthright. I love the EO series and own pretty much all games outside of the second Mystery Dungeon game but im gonna wait until the HD Remaster 2 and 3 games are on sale before jumping in.

Pretty much all EO games were sold for less than 10 bucks on 3DS eShop for years, these EO Remasters same way as SMT 3R are preparing the audience/market for the fact that EO Next is gonna be a full price console.

For most Remasters or Collections buying at launch is buying at premium, the majority of sales the games get down the line will be realized during sales. Thats just where the market is headed. For the most part the games are also worth what is being asked for if you actually wanna play them and spent time on them, not if you just want to have another disposable cheap addition to your backlog you never actually will get around to play.

New EO was reconfirmed in the livestream btw. It was delayed due to working out the interface on current platforms, the HD Collection was born out of that work and intended to tide us over (confirmed inhouse dev then?)

Also, Yuzo Koshiro talked about wanting to bring the 3DS entries (IV-Nexus) to Switch and Steam but that seemed more like a personal desire than the plan at Atlus. He's doing a new track for III HD.

Back
Top Bottom