• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Atelier Ryza series has sold over 1.3 million copies worldwide

I'm really happy Ryza was successful, it's the only Atelier game I've played.

Maybe "of the End" doesn't really mean end of the series and we can get a Ryza 4? /copium

Thick thighs save(Gust's) lives. Nice to see a niche series breakout a bit.

If my game plate wasn't already insanely loaded I might check this series out.

Isn’t ryza 1 the best sellling? Last number I remember was

aug 2020 , 500k for ryza 1

may 2021 , 360k for ryza 2 but 1m for the ryza series

You are probably right! Are we foreseeing another decline from 2 to 3? pretty usual, I'd say, but hopefully it will stay flat

Great result. Bought Ryza 1 because the character was appealing, bought Ryza 2 because the first game was pretty good. Gust struck gold with the design and had the game to back it up.

I mean considering there's only two games, that isn't bad.

But it will never be a bigger series until there is an English dub.

Very surprised/disappointed no English dub for 3.

The biggest RPG series in the world has no dub at all, I don't think it is that big of a factor for sales.

They might want to wait for the start of a new trilogy but they didn't dub Sophie 2 despite the first game having a dub.

Fci83KfWIAA6j9M

Koei Tecmo know what save the serie.

Absolutely deserved!

The first game was my introduction to the series and now I'm revisiting some of the older titles.

Ryza 1 was a cozy and very good game and Ryza 2 improved nearly everything from the first.

Glad to see Gust with a solid success and allowed to have more budget to work. Ryza 3 seems ambitious for the franchise's standards.

Dub is very expensive and for a small team they are that means they can not do same day worldwide release then
If they are selling over 200k per entry, especially of a near annual franchise, they can reasonably afford an English dub. A small delay won't hurt the global release. It's not like it's going to be a Trails-like lag between the Japanese and English releases.

If they are selling over 200k per entry, especially of a near annual franchise, they can reasonably afford an English dub. A small delay won't hurt the global release. It's not like it's going to be a Trails-like lag between the Japanese and English releases.

well, actually it seems that at least Ryza is selling way more than that

Dub is very expensive and for a small team they are that means they can not do same day worldwide release then

If the Ryza games are selling 650k on average, they can afford a dub.

Plus, it's an investment in series growth.

The funny part is that I believe one of the Atelier games prior to Ryza, I think Ayesha, only had English audio at launch, though I imagine JP audio eventually got patched in. It is pretty humorous that the Atelier series that broke out in the west (relative to the franchise mind you) is one of the few that didn't have an English dub.

People overestimate dubs when you can fuck up a dub but most japanese dubs are done by professionals that have more years in VA work than the dubbing of anime and video games as thing. Gameplay and good design/presentation are more important.

Back
Top Bottom