29,99€
25,49€
RETURNING1
Warframe
Free To Play▲ 777
Dead by Daylight
19,99€▲ 19373

Last edited:
I think Evil Empire took the right call delaying The Rouge Prince of Persia EA to this week, the drop off on Hades II has been substantial as people finish the currently available content, so lots of people will be hungry for new Rougelike action and less involved with Hades already.

Hellblade 2 is at 2229 right now. 77%.

I'm interested in the user score given the talk about the performance. it's a 30fps game on Series X and runs on UE5.3.2. as with other UE5 games, upscaling is pretty much mandatory to get performance back, but the game is showing to be quite scalable, just has a high floor

I thought Hellblade was on some sort of Deluxe-Edition-only early access... but it doesn't seem to be the case. 2.700 is absolutely dire, no matter how you look at it.

I don't think it'll even pass the first one's peak at this point, as most playing now will already have finished the game by the weekend.

I thought Hellblade was on some sort of Deluxe-Edition-only early access... but it doesn't seem to be the case. 2.700 is absolutely dire, no matter how you look at it.

I don't think it'll even pass the first one's peak at this point, as most playing now will already have finished the game by the weekend.
I think it's still too early to tell, the reviews only came out this morning, the buzz only starts now due to their choice not to advertise the game properly.

I think it's still too early to tell, the reviews only came out this morning, the buzz only starts now due to their choice not to advertise the game properly.

It is not too early.
The game will not achieve a much bigger CCU during its eventual EU evening peak in a few hours.
It is a very short game in the 5-8 hours~ range. Meaning that the likelihood of today being the peak CCU for the game is fairly high. This is exactly how it went for the first game. The first Hellblade was also the same embargo conditions, dropping right before the game goes live, both games are of similar scores. It is also a fairly demanding game in terms of specs and is being sold at $50 USD instead of $30 like the first game.

user score is up to 80%. as I expected, the game doesn't seem to have any major performance issues and low end hardware is scaling well with upscalers

Elden Ring's story trailer just came out for the upcoming expansion and the game jumped from #8-9 on the global list to now being at #5. DLC is currently at #14.
The people are hyped.

Street Fighter 6 is about to get a huge jump in CCU tomorrow with Akuma/new balance patch coming up.
Should also be climbing pretty high in revenue.

Why?

Find your rhythm with new Character BGM Settings in the Audio tab where you can change which track plays during a fight!

Music throughout Street Fighter history is available for purchase with Drive Tickets or Fighter Coins - all packaged by series. Coming with the Akuma Update!

They're about to get all that BGM MTX.

Hellblade 2 Day 1 EU Peak CCU record - 3,982
Unless NA shows up in larger amount than EU(very unlikely to happen) this is that Day 1 peak for the game.

Some Comparisons:
Hellblade CCU record - 5,653
Redfall CCU record - 6,124

It is not great to see where Hellblade 2 has landed Day 1.
But when you factor in how Ninja Theory says its main team for HB1 was 20 people and they grew to 80 for HB2.
We don't have the page up yet for HB2 but here's HB1 mobygames credits page.
I expect the 2nd one have many many more names.

Unless NA shows up in larger amount than EU(very unlikely to happen) this is that Day 1 peak for the game.

Some Comparisons:

But when you factor in how Ninja Theory says its main team for HB1 was 20 people and they grew to 80 for HB2.

Not sure how high HB2’s peak can get since it’s a 5-8 hours single-player game.

Some Comparisons:

These results are straight-up catastrophic IMO, I think this is all but final confirmation that Ninja Theory's days are numbered.

Some Comparisons:

This is disastrous launch, even if Ninja Theory survives they for sure are not making Hellblade 3 again.

Not sure how high HB2’s peak can get since it’s a 5-8 hours single-player game.

I think today's peak will also be the all time peak, unless it becomes viral down the line for some reason.

The first game peaked on Day 1, it should be no different for this game.
Game is just too short and is not a broadly appealing product.

This is disastrous launch, even if Ninja Theory survices they for sure are not making Hellblade 3 again.

@Bold, Agree completely, HB is dead.
Even without the clear change in direction from Xbox focusing on big IPs, they would still not greenlit a sequel.
I'm not even sure if this project will even break even at some point in time.

I think some of you are forgetting Hellblade 1 wasn’t on Gamepass. No matter what anyone says GP is going to canablize day one sales unless we just completely disregard gamepass PC being a thing. Same thing that happened with Starfield is happening with HB2 on a smaller level but its relatively the same difference.

It’s also why i question why putting COD on gamepass is a smart idea

I think some of you are forgetting Hellblade 1 wasn’t on Gamepass. No matter what anyone says GP is going to canablize day one sales unless we just completely disregard gamepass PC being a thing. Same thing that happened with Starfield is happening with HB2 on a smaller level but its relatively the same difference.

I'm not forgetting, it's why I also had the Redfall comparison there as well which was also on Gamepass.
The game was made with around and/or fewer than 100 people at Arkane Austin, which would've been a similar sized team compared to the Hellblade 2. Granted, Austin salaries are probably higher but still, it's a comparable team(without knowing how much outsourcing was being used in both projects).

I think at this point, Ninja Theory's survival solely depends on how far along Project Mara is. If there's still 2 or more years until release they'll probably be closed by Microsoft.

Not to disregard the numbers being bad, but Hellblade is the exact type of game that can have a lower CCU to sales ratio. Short narrative game, one and done experience, and all that. People won't be playing it constantly so the users will be rotating more heavily, I assume. Hellblade 1 _was_ pretty successful with similar numbers.

Of course expectations are way higher for this one (as I said, the numbers are still bad), but some comparisons are apples to oranges. Redfall for instance is a type of game that has higher CCU by virtue of it's genre and length.

Kinda surprised if it is really just 80 people. Seems so small.

Not true, Jez Corden said that Microsoft gave greenlight for a new game. He said that itsn't Project Mara but never confirmed that is Hellblade 3.
I think he did confirm that it was in fact HB3 that got greenlit. Though I am not sure if he did that in his Discord or on Twitter. I know that some Discord channels and Era was talking about that.

Not to disregard the numbers being bad, but Hellblade is the exact type of game that can have a lower CCU to sales ratio. Short narrative game, one and done experience, and all that. People won't be playing it constantly so the users will be rotating more heavily, I assume. Hellblade 1 _was_ pretty successful with similar numbers.

Of course expectations are way higher for this one (as I said, the numbers are still bad), but some comparisons are apples to oranges. Redfall for instance is a type of game that has higher CCU by virtue of it's genre and length.

Wasn't it very successful on Playstation at launch, tho? There's that entire audience missing.

Edit: just checked it, according to the first game's creative director sales were evenly split between PC and PlayStation during the launch year.

Last edited:

But worth keeping in mind, part 1 eventually released on other platforms. I think this game being positioned as a gamepass title is a net negative financially. It’s not going to increase GP subscribers. The people that would have bought it outright like the first game, now they won’t or can’t

Not to disregard the numbers being bad, but Hellblade is the exact type of game that can have a lower CCU to sales ratio. Short narrative game, one and done experience, and all that.

Undoubtedly that will happen, just by virtue of Hellblade 2 not being a complete disaster like Redfall was.
It's hard to imagine a least leggy game than Redfall.

But...
People won't be playing it constantly so the users will be rotating more heavily, I assume. Hellblade 1 _was_ pretty successful with similar numbers.

Day 1 CCUs are not going to be affected in a big way by rotating players due to its length.
The people who will complete a game during the first day are going to be minimal.
The game that lasts 5-8 hours~ This isn't something like an indie horror game that lasts like 45 minutes.
People do have work during the weekdays.

The Day 1 "floor" should've been higher for Hellblade 2 considering it is a sequel to a game that has sold reasonably well over time on Steam(and perhaps elsewhere?)

Its Steam sales are perhaps even more important than Redfall ever was.
I would be fairly confident in saying that Steam users would be receptive to an artsy games like Hellblade than a Xbox users would be. Redfall was a co-op shooter, a perfect game(in theory) to relive co-op with the boys.

as long as the budget isn't crazy, that'd be fine. but somehow I feel like the budget got away from them. as I've seen someone say, this game makes more sense when there are more money makers around. like Bayonetta is to the typical Nintendo fare

Undoubtedly that will happen, just by virtue of Hellblade 2 not being a complete disaster like Redfall was.
It's hard to imagine a least leggy game than Redfall.

But...

Day 1 CCUs are not going to be affected in a big way by rotating players due to its length.
The people who will complete a game during the first day are going to be minimal.
The game that lasts 5-8 hours~ This isn't something like an indie horror game that lasts like 45 minutes.
People do have work during the weekdays.

The Day 1 "floor" should've been higher for Hellblade 2 considering it is a sequel to a game that has sold reasonably well over time on Steam(and perhaps elsewhere?)

Its Steam sales are perhaps even more important than Redfall ever was.
I would be fairly confident in saying that Steam users would be receptive to an artsy games like Hellblade than a Xbox users would be. Redfall was a co-op shooter, a perfect game(in theory) to relive co-op with the boys.
I don't exactly mean the same day (although some people will indeed finish it that fast, it happens, specially for the most excited peopld, which will be early adopters). But, like, if a game is selling well for a while, it can grow CCUs by adding players while the first few people aren't done with the game. That can be 1 day, 3 days, a week. That's just something to keep in mind, I think.

Original also got a good chunk of sales on the PS4, too. They got a huge chunk of their raw sales figures through absolutely bottom of the barrel prices through extreme sales as well.

Ultimately, it's hard to say what Xbox actually would consider a "success" for this game, but I find it hard to believe that if Hi-Fi Rush didn't meet expectations that this will.

It does seem hard to see how this could be considered a success. But all of this seems extremely predictable and they still went through with it and gave it some pretty expensive marketing, so they seem confident in something at least.

as long as the budget isn't crazy, that'd be fine. but somehow I feel like the budget got away from them. as I've seen someone say, this game makes more sense when there are more money makers around. like Bayonetta is to the typical Nintendo fare

Except Bayonetta as a franchise has been slowly growing. HB2 would be lucky to strike even with the first game.

In another conditions , Hellblade 2 would be much better suited as a Xbox Series Launch Year Showcase game for the usual WOW factor , people would had ignored the weak aspects of it to be amazed at the graphics of it in 2020/2021 , in 2024 the Graphics still amazing and could be the Top graphically this generation until now to some but people had been Wowed before graphically in few other games this generation

I expected Steam numbers to be low ( Short Game , Gamepass , Niche unsettling genre ) , but I didn't expect it to be this low

Last edited:
I am surprised that it did not get second CCU wave like the games usually get - it gets first European wave, the goes down and then comes USA.

Granted today it was Tuesday.

I can see why Microsoft wants to go third party. None of their exclusive games show any ability to move hardware and increase gamepass subscription. Not Starfield, not Hellblade 2. They also sell nothing due to gamepass as well. Hellblade 2 will be handily outsold by a small scale paper Mario remake soon for example.

Street Fighter 6 currently has 54,555 players online with the game's peak still being a little more than 2 hours away.
This is already over Ed's release peak of 46,114 back in late February.
All-time peak CCU for the game is 70,573.
At the rate it is going, it may indeed break the CCU record. At the very least it'll be close.

Currently the game is #6 on the global list when it has been sitting in the 68-85~ range in the last few weeks with its active playerbase.

Expectations for the Kingdom Hearts Steam ports?

Impossible to get a good grasp on it right now.
I can imagine that a lot of people did actually buy them on EGS because it looked less and less likely it would come to Steam as time went on. But also Steam pages are brand new and there is no price/follower count, etc...

Only thing we've got is wishlist:
#390 for 1.5+2.5
#523 for 2.8 Final Chapter
#467 For KH3 + Re Mind

And people say that the Wii U had a terrible name.

Anyways, while I get that we probably aren't ever going to get actual numbers for the Epic Store, do you expect that the Steam ports will outsell whatever it's done there? EGS is black hole for games - I had honestly kind of forgotten KH even had PC ports. Buuut as you said, it's been years...

Last edited:
And people say that the Wii U had a terrible name.

Square Enix remains the King of dumb naming scheme, it is known.

Anyways, while I get that we probably aren't ever going to get actual numbers for the Epic Store, do you expect that the Steam ports will outsell whatever it's done there? EGS is black hole for games - I had honestly kind of forgotten KH even had PC ports. Buuut as you said, it's been years...

My gut feeling would be yes, it wasn't an endemic series to the PC so people would feel less pressure to buy it.
Compared to many other titles which EGS made exclusive to their platform in some ways.
Although it's been years like you say.

The only data we've got to try to orient ourselves would be data points like this:
Apple vs Epic days, those were fun.
E0gJyQJUcAMneTZ.jpg

1.56M sales in first two weeks for Borderlands 3.
SteamDB's tracker estimates(yes, I know) all have BD3 doing at least over 3M(it was EGS exclusive for 6 months).

There's maybe more apt comparisons, but it's the only one that comes off the top of my head. I wasn't that deep into finding out the nitty gritty of the EGS store during the lawsuit. But I recall that people did get a lot of juicy numbers for a lot of things.

SF6 exactly 7500 players away from matching its peak CCU

Yeah at the rate its going, it should achieve a new CCU record. The power of Akuma.

Square Enix remains the King of dumb naming scheme, it is known.

My gut feeling would be yes, it wasn't an endemic series to the PC so people would feel less pressure to buy it.
Compared to many other titles which EGS made exclusive to their platform in some ways.
Although it's been years like you say.

The only data we've got to try to orient ourselves would be data points like this:
Apple vs Epic days, those were fun.
E0gJyQJUcAMneTZ.jpg

1.56M sales in first two weeks for Borderlands 3.
SteamDB's tracker estimates(yes, I know) all have BD3 doing at least over 3M(it was EGS exclusive for 6 months).

There's maybe more apt comparisons, but it's the only one that comes off the top of my head. I wasn't that deep into finding out the nitty gritty of the EGS store during the lawsuit. But I recall that people did get a lot of juicy numbers for a lot of things.

Yeah at the rate its going, it should achieve a new CCU record. The power of Akuma.

To add some known numbers for EGS Temp Exclusives

World War Z Sold 700K on EGS in first Two months out of Overall 2M
Satisfactory Sold 500K in First 3 Months on EGS
Satisfactory Sold 920K After a Year on EGS
Darkest Dungeon II Sold 300K on EGS during its Early Access Period ( A Year and Half )

Last edited:
Expectations for the Kingdom Hearts Steam ports?
Well it really depends how it is going to be announced. Just a drop? Then probably nobody would care because the games itself are quite old and not remakes. If it is a part of some show, maybe it will fare better but I am not sure if that many people are still have attachment to KH IP. FF7R peaked around 13k, I guess we can use that as a baseline. And even then FF7R was a modern looking game.

Honestly the numbers are better than I expected. There was an infographic in 2022 which showed that the total player spending for third party games was 355 million dollars for the year. Elden Ring alone must have been close or above that number on steam for the same year. The number is even lower for 2023 (310 million).

Source: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/news/epic-games-store-2022-year-in-review, https://store.epicgames.com/de/news/epic-games-store-2023-year-in-review

Honestly the numbers are better than I expected. There was an infographic in 2022 which showed that the total player spending for third party games was 355 million dollars for the year. Elden Ring alone must have been close or above that number on steam for the same year. The number is even lower for 2023 (310 million).

Source: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/news/epic-games-store-2022-year-in-review, https://store.epicgames.com/de/news/epic-games-store-2023-year-in-review

I think its because the Third Party Player Spending info excludes the Coupon Value and Cashbacks that the Publishers doesn't eat and it just lists the exact Value that the Player Spent

For Example a $60 game with a %35 Coupon and %10 Cashback running at a Sale Event , The publisher isn't affected by either of them , it gets 88% of the $60 which is ~$53 , Meanwhile the Coupon Value and The Cashbacks are eaten by Epic , so a $60 game with %35 Coupon applied is $39 for the user and 10% of $39 is ~$4 cashback to the user , The $39 is the one added to the Infograph at the Report at the End of the Year but meanwhile the Publisher gets ~$53

Last edited:
I think its because the Player Spending info excludes the Coupon Value and Cashbacks that the Publishers doesn't eat and it just lists the exact Value that the Player Spent

For Example a $60 game with a %35 Coupon and %10 Cashback running at a Sale Event , The publisher isn't affected by either of them , it gets 88% of the $60 which is ~$53 , Meanwhile the Coupon Value and The Cashbacks are eaten by Epic , so a $60 game with %35 Coupon applied is $39 and 10% of $39 is ~$4 , The $39 is the one added to the Infograph at the Report at the End of the Year but meanwhile the Publisher gets ~$53
Thank you for sharing, that´s interesting. But what do you think is the impact on the numbers? The actual number won´t be more than double that I would guess but I´m not sure. But even if we consider that I think it´s no exaggeration to say that Steam generates atleast 10-15X the revenue of the Epic Games Store. And I don´t think that the coupon and exlusivity deals are really viable. The situation hasn´t really changed in the last years, people mainly use the store for Fortnite and free games. The coupon deals can be attractive as well but there are no real incentives to use the store over Steam if you have a choice.

Thank you for sharing, that´s interesting. But what do you think is the impact on the numbers? The actual number won´t be more than double that I would guess but I´m not sure. But even if we consider that I think it´s no exaggeration to say that Steam generates atleast 10-15X the revenue of the Epic Games Store. And I don´t think that the coupon and exlusivity deals are really viable. The situation hasn´t really changed in the last years, people mainly use the store for Fortnite and free games. The coupon deals can be attractive as well but there are no real incentives to use the store over Steam if you have a choice.

No Worries :) , Yea Steam is a Titan and that Steam/EGS multiplier is my guess too ( Excl. Epic's First Party Games )

As for the Player Spending point , I think there is little impact , because if we removed the Coupons from the equation , then The amount of sales will decrease , which will make the Player spending also stabilize at the same amount , I just explained to you how Player Spending works to explain how those games sold those amounts but still the Player Spending doesn't match

Last edited:
Street Fighter 6 was just shy (last time I checked) of beating it's launch peak with the release of Akuma + Japan peak time, at roughly 70k CCU.

yeah, bummer needed less than 400 people to match the launch peak.

Indeed, still a huge number. It'll be interesting what kind of numbers the game can do in the upcoming days and weeks and if it continues the trend of having a higher daily average CCU after each major update or not.

But there is a fighter that did achieve a new CCU record today...

That would be NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 brought on by a new historical low of $3.99 USD.
New CCU record for the game is 8,345. Last CCU record was set back in May 2021 at 7,185.
Release date for this game was Feb 2016.

3D Mark's 24 hour peak was >500 people off the record (1,144 vs 1,667). the free Steel Nomad + Steel Nomad benchmark update finally dropped after being delayed a month

Back
Top Bottom