• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

2023 STEAM Concurrent Players (CCU) Official Watch Thread

Already has.

Edit: Seems like Friday Peak is a staggering 140,240 figure..thats already more than MH Rise All-Time peak. Resident Evil Franchise on PC is really growing through leaps and bounds!
Monster Hunter Rise's all-time Steam CCU peak occurred after the launch of Sunbreak at 231K.

I know people are laser focused on RE4 right now, but Atelier Ryza 3 also came out today and it's had the best launch peak of the trilogy (and the whole franchise).

Ryza - 4,616
Ryza 2 - 4,005
Ryza 3 - 5,976

Considering how well it's been received, I could see it breaking 6k over the weekend.

RE4R over 150k atm, and it's interesting to note that the peak didn't really drop that much throughout the day which implies solid sales WW and not really focused on a single region.

So Today's peak seems to be around 168K CCU.. I do not expect this to hit 200K cause sunday peaks mostly are quite lower compared to saturday peaks..

So my prediction is tomorrow's peak to be around ~180K.

Last edited:
I know people are laser focused on RE4 right now, but Atelier Ryza 3 also came out today and it's had the best launch peak of the trilogy (and the whole franchise).

Ryza - 4,616
Ryza 2 - 4,005
Ryza 3 - 5,976

Considering how well it's been received, I could see it breaking 6k over the weekend.
Indeed it has, with a peak of 6.5k so far
At the end Atelier Ryza 3 ended up with a peak of 7,162 concurrent players on Sunday - amazing results for the franchise!

So Today's peak seems to be around 168K CCU.. I do not expect this to hit 200K cause sunday peaks mostly are quite lower compared to saturday peaks..

So my prediction is tomorrow's peak to be around ~180K.
It looks like it failed to surpass yesterday's record, so 168,191 will end up it's final (launch period) peak.

Don't really know if peaking on the second or the third day means anything, or could lead to any meaningful conclusion about a game's performance, considering how many different factors there are.

At the end Atelier Ryza 3 ended up with a peak of 7,162 concurrent players on Sunday - amazing results for the franchise!

It looks like it failed to surpass yesterday's record, so 168,191 will end up it's final (launch period) peak.

Don't really know if peaking on the second or the third day means anything, or could lead to any meaningful conclusion about a game's performance, considering how many different factors there are.
Yeah..weirdly enough!
168K seems to be the final launch peak but I'll update the table tomorrow, waiting for a possible one final late Peak happening.

Yeah..weirdly enough!
168K seems to be the final launch peak but I'll update the table tomorrow, waiting for a possible one final late Peak happening.
Yeah, my theory is that since the game was so hyped and it isn't crazy long, many people just binged it and already finished it.

Ryza close to Yakuza levels on Steam

TLOU launched today, like 30m ago. 13k atm.

Not sure what to expect from it tbh. I don't think it'll get close to Spider-Man/GOW numbers but we'll see.

Edit:

gAM9z3U.png

Last edited:
I had pretty low expectations for TLOU, even though it is at peak popularity right now the game is still 10 year old. A lot of people that would have wanted to play it probably have by now. Especially coming out so close to RE4

If it even gets close to Horizon I’ll be surprised.

I had pretty low expectations for TLOU, even though it is at peak popularity right now the game is still 10 year old. A lot of people that would have wanted to play it probably have by now. Especially coming out so close to RE4

If it even gets close to Horizon I’ll be surprised.
One of the big advantage TLOU has over other Sony ports is that the game was announced alongside the PS5 version.

Seems like it'll end up between Horizon and Days Gone or max a bit more or less than Days Gone.

I made a bet with my brother that it would at least get close to GOW numbers so fingers crossed!
Whelp, the reviews are not encouraging for new people to jump in. Guess GOW will remain unbeatable until demon souls or Ghost. Was Naughty dog the one who ported or Iron Galaxy or a bit of both?

This game will have no legs with this ratings:

It seems the last of us part 1 was rushed to PC because of the HBO show: - People who bought it are pissed - No review codes were given out, right now 0 reviews for PC - No communication from Naughty dog hinting this would be broken at launch Be careful if you got it!
FsU8QcvWIBcZuKB

This game will have no legs with this ratings:

It seems the last of us part 1 was rushed to PC because of the HBO show: - People who bought it are pissed - No review codes were given out, right now 0 reviews for PC - No communication from Naughty dog hinting this would be broken at launch Be careful if you got it!
FsU8QcvWIBcZuKB

Wow, this is sitting at a 33% negative now on Steam, with 2,307 user reviews. I wasn't expecting this at all, as I was assuming they would knock it out of the park with this one. Sadly, this is just a continuing trend of games that are simply not ready on PC on day one of release.

What was even the point of rushing it when the game was already delayed by a month? I don’t think anyone would’ve minded waiting a couple more months for the game if that’s what it takes for it to run reasonably well.

Three games that could have been big on steam had a botched launch :Wild Hearts, Wo long and now TLOUP 1 and any chances of having good legs have been decreased by that.

Surprising that SONY decided to let its flagship IP in such a state on steam when most of their ports have been great, maybe the lack of pc coverage until launch was a sign after all.

Three games that could have been big on steam had a botched launch :Wild Hearts, Wo long and now TLOUP 1 and any chances of having good legs have been decreased by that.

Surprising that SONY decided to let its flagship IP in such a state on steam when most of their ports have been great, maybe the lack of pc coverage until launch was a sign after all.
I like that Naughty Dog is directly developing their PC ports to prepare for future day-and-date launches, but TLOU P1 shouldn't have been released until they performed a lot more optimization.

Whelp, the reviews are not encouraging for new people to jump in. Guess GOW will remain unbeatable until demon souls or Ghost. Was Naughty dog the one who ported or Iron Galaxy or a bit of both?

I like that Naughty Dog is directly developing their PC ports to prepare for future day-and-date launches, but TLOU P1 shouldn't have been released until they performed a lot more optimization.

Iron Galaxy is the one who does this

Last of Us has already dropped down to #10 on Steam Global sales rankings. It was #1 just yesterday, if I remember correctly. No doubt the poor condition of the game and its negative reviews have severely impacted the sales for the game.

Last of Us has already dropped down to #10 on Steam Global sales rankings. It was #1 just yesterday, if I remember correctly. No doubt the poor condition of the game and its negative reviews have severely impacted the sales for the game.
What a shame :c I remember being so hyped for the game and the show that I started tracking its position in the most wishlisted steam games before and after the show aired.

Before the show it was somewhere between 30-35,dont remember the exact number. It started climbing even higher with each episode and after the 6th episode it managed to enter into the top 10 then to #5 few days before release. It should have been a big launch.

Off-topic: Sucker punch's engine is the only one left fromPS studios that hasn't been optimised for PC right? wonder what game is next to come to pc.

What a shame :c I remember being so hyped for the game and the show that I started tracking its position in the most wishlisted steam games before and after the show aired.

Before the show it was somewhere between 30-35,dont remember the exact number. It started climbing even higher with each episode and after the 6th episode it managed to enter into the top 10 then to #5 few days before release. It should have been a big launch.

Off-topic: Sucker punch's engine is the only one left fromPS studios that hasn't been optimised for PC right? wonder what game is next to come to pc.

Supposedly, the next Sony 1st party game to come out on PC is Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. I guess we'll see if that turns out to be true or not. As for which engines haven't yet hit PC yet from Sony, no clue on that. But you are right in that none of Sucker Punch's games have yet to hit PC. I personally want a Bloodborne remake/remaster, but who knows if that will ever happen at this point. You'd figure that would be a no brainer, given Elden Ring's crazy success.

And just wow - Last of Us has now already dropped down to #23 as I'm typing this. This is what happens when you release broken games. When will publishers get the memo for this?

Supposedly, the next Sony 1st party game to come out on PC is Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. I guess we'll see if that turns out to be true or not. As for which engines haven't yet hit PC yet from Sony, no clue on that. But you are right in that none of Sucker Punch's games have yet to hit PC. I personally want a Bloodborne remake/remaster, but who knows if that will ever happen at this point. You'd figure that would be a no brainer, given Elden Ring's crazy success.

And just wow - Last of Us has now already dropped down to #23 as I'm typing this. This is what happens when you release broken games. When will publishers get the memo for this?
Oh interesting! Didn't know next one could be Ratcher, even less so Rift Apart! Thanks for the info and YES It is crazy how SONY has two gold mines under their sleeves with Demon Souls and Bloodborne PC ports and has done nothing to capitalize on with them (well at least we know Demon souls is coming somewhere in the future thanks to the father of all leaks)

Oh interesting! Didn't know next one could be Ratcher, even less so Rift Apart! Thanks for the info and YES It is crazy how SONY has two gold mines under their sleeves with Demon Souls and Bloodborne PC ports and has done nothing to capitalize on with them (well at least we know Demon souls is coming somewhere in the future thanks to the father of all leaks)

It's just a rumor at this point, though. No guarantee it'll be Ratchet but that's the rumor, yes. We'll see if it happens or not. I wasn't the biggest fan of Ratchet, so please give me Bloodborne instead. :)

it seems like Valve is issuing refunds for The Last of Us regardless of how long you played the game. which is good because shader compilation can literally take over 2 hours prior to the patch, putting you over the refund period

TLOU Part 1 doesn't seem like it will even come close to reaching its previously set CCU peak(36.5K) so I guess it already has its final launch peak.

Next up is Minecraft: Legends releasing on the 18th of this month.

Very disappointing for TLOU, especially since it was the first game announced as a multiplat release.

Sony needs to have a more cohesive vision when it comes to their PC ports, it does look like they are not sure on how involved they should get.
given the problems with this port, it seems like Naughty Dog underestimated the work needed to go from a completely bespoke and optimized pipeline to an open pipeline that has to support everything. if Sony is serious about PC support, then their studios will have to make moves to a more agnostic environment

My favorite game, Path of Exile, comfortably beat its all-time high today. Not exactly sure why, there's always a big boost when a new league starts but this was a much bigger boost than usual.

peakkr0iv5.png

Previous all-time high was 159k on February 3rd 2022.

E: Devs actually posted the total number. The game has a standalone client, roughly a third of all players don't play over Steam.

standaki29.png

My favorite game, Path of Exile, comfortably beat its all-time high today. Not exactly sure why, there's always a big boost when a new league starts but this was a much bigger boost than usual.

peakkr0iv5.png

Previous all-time high was 159k on February 3rd 2022.

E: Devs actually posted the total number. The game has a standalone client, roughly a third of all players don't play over Steam.

standaki29.png
Probably because this is one of the best league since a long time.

Those are low numbers for the franchise, any explanation ? Are people playing on another store ?
Could be or it could be just that the game is big on console more..
Either way I think this sort of game is more popular on gamepass more..

Back
Top Bottom