• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim shipments and digital sales top 500K (UPDATE: sales have passed 800K)

mazi

Analyst
(+0%)
Publisher Atlus and developer Vanillaware will release a Switch version of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim on April 12, 2022 in the west and April 14 in Japan for 6,980 yen, the companies announced.

Additionally, the companies announced that total shipments and digital sales for the PlayStation 4 version have surpassed 500,000 units.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim launched for PlayStation 4 in November 2019 in Japan and in September 2020 worldwide.

That's a perfect game for the switch. I played it earlier this year on Playstation and enjoyed the game. Is 500,000 a good sales number for a game like th
Very good result
It's a niche game which a great word of mouth after a certain discount
It sold around 200k this year

Honesty is a amazing number for a niche game and a new IP. I'm not sure if I want sequels, but a spiritual sequel would be lovely.

I remember Vanillaware / Atlus celebrating 100k sales iirc, so 500k seems like a really solid result, and Switch will push things even further. Nice!

I remember Vanillaware / Atlus celebrating 100k sales iirc, so 500k seems like a really solid result, and Switch will push things even further. Nice!

Yeah game had consistent good wom which helped at good price point

Worldwide Updates -
300.000 - Jan 21
400.000 - Mar 21
500.000 - Nov 21

WW launch sep last year helped the sales push

Crazy to think they were scrambling for funding and released a paid demo + art book to shore up the needed funds prior to release. Fantastic game. Glad that it has found its niche and that more people will be able to play it with the Switch release.

Man I remember when this was a flop. Now it’s one of the biggest sellers in VanillaWare’s history.

Here’s hoping it sells many, many, many more copies.

Clearly the Nintendo Switch is doing unprecedented record sales in Japan and that is starting to bear fruit to all of the other regions around the world as well in the form of powerful hitting software. The Switch is the DS/PS2 of the modern era.

Was disappointed that I missed a deal for the PS4 version a few weeks ago. This is a pleasent surprise and I'll choose this version for its portability instead, even though it will be more expensive.

On top of that great to see Vanillaware finally putting a game on Switch and again on a Nintendo system in general since Wii.

Would have preferred Dragon's Crown, but I'll take this based on great wom in the hope it could lead to future Vanillaware ports (Dragon's Crown & Odin's Sphere) and future releases.

Would have preferred Dragon's Crown, but I'll take this based on great wom in the hope it could lead to future Vanillaware ports (Dragon's Crown & Odin's Sphere) and future releases.
I just want the entire library. The Switch is the 2D and visual novel king! Bring them all to the platform!

Those are really good sales. I hope it continues to succeed on Switch and any potential future port because it's a great game deserving of more fans.

Great sales considering it's poor initial sales, it managed to climb up to a respectable total. And it'll go even further with the Switch port, mostly from the west though. Looking forward to finally playing it myself in April.

What a comeback. A good example of a decent price cut+really good word of mouth can go a long way to sell a game despite how niche it is.

Truly a nice story especially when we think that Kamitani himself come out and said the sales is disappointment early on and now, Voila. 500k

I would rather have Grim Grimoire first. Now thats perfect with Switch Touchscreen baby

It’s a really nice result and I’m sure they’re stoked. I haven’t played the game because I was hoping for a Switch port eventually and now here we are. Looking toward to jumping in next March.

Great news.
The game deserve it's sales and it's a good fit for Switch.
Only question is : is it not too late for a Switch port ?

Atlus/Sega must be happy with the sales of Catherine Full Body late port. Never it's too late when you can sell the game for many years on the digital era.
Besides, the next title of Vanillaware must have Switch on mind surely, this could be a good first contact with the HW.

Grim Grimoire man. now that will be tasty one if it ever comeback.

I probably won't play it at launch (or maybe ever) but at least now it's on my list since the game screams handheld to me.

It's a fantastic game, so getting to 500k and then being able to sell even more on Switch is great news.

Great news! Though not for me, I caved in a month ago, thinking that finally the game would never come to Switch, with very few copies left.
This game deserved to succeed, and it's perfect for the Switch. Perhaps I'll cave in again to have the cartridge on Switch, though the usual Switch bonus seems small.

Only question is : is it not too late for a Switch port ?
It took 4 years for Muramasa to get ported to Vita, and that port did very well. So I can't see how a 2.5 year delay for 13 Sentinels would be too late. Vanillaware games are typically rather unique experiences and 13 Sentinels is certainly unique. I don't think it's too late at all.

Last edited:
It took 4 years for Muramasa to get ported to Vita, and that port did very well. So I can't see how a 2.5 year delay for 13 Sentinels would be too late. Vanillaware games are typically rather unique experiences and 13 Sentinels is certainly unique. I don't think it's too late at all.

Also ninty just post the video for the game on their YT channel.

It got 38k view fast so at least it shows interest from switch owners.

Excellent! Hopefully the Switch version will also sell well so that they consider expanding towards multiplatform development.

Its also not available on PC yet. for people who are gaming on PC/Switch combo this is a new release.

We gotta imagine that most of the sales from 400k to 800k were the Switch SKU, right? Very impressive if the port almost doubled sales, three years after launch.

We gotta imagine that most of the sales from 400k to 800k were the Switch SKU, right? Very impressive if the port almost doubled sales, three years after launch.

it was 500K+ a year ago.

So 300K since, 200-250K out of those seems likely to be from the Switch SKU I could imagine.

Great to hear as this is well deserved for Vanillaware. Beat the game on PS4 and thought it was a great game. I was thinking of buying it on Switch just to support them, but still haven't gotten around to it yet. Hoping it crosses a million soon!

200k to 250k for Late Switch port is really good number especially for company like Vanillaware. Love to hear this kind of success.

200-250k for a port in half a year is great. VW and Atlus should seriously consider bringing the rest of their back catalog to Switch now too (Dragon's Crown Pro, Odin Sphere Liefthrasir, Princess Crown).

Back
Top Bottom