• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PS5/XBS Stock Watch: 2024 and Beyond

hopefully we start seeing them on store shelves soon, thats the next step. Especially during the holidays, it will help retail out a lot

I think the demand for new consoles is almost met

For Xbox, I'd say yes. Series S is readily available just about everywhere now. Heck, it gets discounted from time to time, so I'd say supply definitely well exceeds demand at this point. Series X can be obtained pretty easily now. It still sells out from time to time, but you can get them fairly easily at different places now.

PS5 is still not readily available at retailers and is much more difficult to get. However, you can get them pretty easily from PlayStation Direct. There are constant drops and each drop lasts several hours, minimum. We're now going on 48 hrs and the Forbidden West/ps5 bundles are still in stock right now at PlayStation Direct.

I think PS5 simply has a lot of units to sell. July was similar where PS Direct had access to units for long stretches of time and in NPD results PS5 outsold Xbox.

In Spain the ps5 stock keep being awful.
Awful and expensive. Almost all are 750€+ monster packs lately and now with Horizon and GT7 dropping in price you are overpaying even more.

That's why stock is now lasting a full day or even more. Let's hope the situation gets close to how it is in the US soon.

Here in Portugal I've been noticing drops more frequently in a store where I usually buy stuff, but only ~750€ bundles.

Before they would go out of stock immediately but now they stay available for a while.

More Amazon drops today as well

Also saw a lot more Series X pop up at Target in major cities. That has been running low for awhile.

So on the US there is no change in price but if all that will be available will be the bundle, then that is a price raise in itself, sort of.

Got an invite from Amazon.com to buy a Series X, without the intention to get one.
Just requested the Series X and PS5 to see what the availability is.

So I guess even super inactive accounts, can get selected. Last time I bought from Amazon.com was years ago.

More Amazon drops today as well

Also saw a lot more Series X pop up at Target in major cities. That has been running low for awhile.
I've yet to see an Xbox Series X or PS5 in the wild (Though I know gamestop had stock near me but bundle only). Have seen Series S more than once though.

Curious if they're having smaller Series X stock to really push it out during the holiday

August 2022 Full Month (July 31 - August 27)

PS5 - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource Post
1AmazonSource
2AmazonSource
3GameStop / Amazon / Sony DirectSource
4Walmart / Amazon / Sony Direct (2)Source

Xbox Series - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource
1AmazonSource
2AmazonSource
3Best Buy / AmazonSource
4AmazonSource

Notes
Major Amazon update: The Xbox Series S vanished from the rankings June 17th and hasn't come back. This isn't due to a drop in sales, even previous months results have disappeared. I don't know why this happened.

Amazon full month rankings: #6 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 / #8 Xbox Series X $499 / #18 PS5 $499 (Amazon full month goes from August 01 to August 31) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at every major and small retailer.

Xbox Series X has been in stock at Walmart, Target and the MS Store the whole month. Best Buy ran out mid way through but came back soon after.

Target now sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

Amazon sold PS5 and Series X every week in August.

August should be a better month than July for both consoles. Not only did Amazon have units every week, PS5 saw its first Walmart drop since June along with continued long sales during Sony Direct.

Xbox Series X is nearly out of the sold out status it's had since launch. The only major retailer that doesn't have constant supply is GameStop.

September 2022 - Week 1 (August 28 - September 03)

PS5
August 30: Amazon

Xbox Series
August 30: Amazon

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #15 Xbox Series X $499 / #17 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 / #78 PS5 $499 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was August 29 - September 04) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at all major and smaller retailers

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

*$549 PS5 Horizon Bundle was available at Walmart all week. I think Sony Direct as well?
**Series X is available at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store and has been since at least last week.

Last edited:
September 2022 - Week 2 (September 04 - September 10)

PS5
September 05: Amazon
September 08: Sony Direct [1]
September 09: GameStop / Walmart [2][3]

Xbox Series
September 05: Amazon

[1]

[2]

[3]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #12 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 [Xbox Series X was available but not showing up in the rankings] (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was September 05 - September 11) Source

Xbox Series S is in stock at all major and smaller retailers

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

*$549 PS5 Horizon Bundle is available at Walmart
**Series X is available at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store and has been since at least last week.

Last edited:
As holiday shortages are expected with higher demand i think it's to early to drop Xbox Series X from the tracking.
But in Q1 2023, that could make sense. PS5 will probably follow "shortly" after during Summer.
I can't see major shortages in H2 2023 anymore.

As holiday shortages are expected with higher demand i think it's to early to drop Xbox Series X from the tracking.
But in Q1 2023, that could make sense. PS5 will probably follow "shortly" after during Summer.
I can't see major shortages in H2 2023 anymore.
I'm expecting Series X to hit full supply in Q4. Series S did in December 2021 and I'm thinking that's around when X does.

PS5 has had very few digital restocks so I'm also thinking that's been seeing less production.

I'm expecting Series X to hit full supply in Q4. Series S did in December 2021 and I'm thinking that's around when X does.

PS5 has had very few digital restocks so I'm also thinking that's been seeing less production.
PS5 Digital not getting restocked more seems silly to me. With the price increases wouldn't making the digital option more attractive/cheaper be a bonus for Sony? Lock people in to the digital storefront? I don't really get it.

PS5 Digital not getting restocked more seems silly to me. With the price increases wouldn't making the digital option more attractive/cheaper be a bonus for Sony? Lock people in to the digital storefront? I don't really get it.
Because they now have a $549 option they know will sell.

Amazon is the first big retailer to enact the PS5 price increase.
Today the regular PS5 disk was sold for 549,99€ at Amazon.de
Right now, the PS5 Horizon disk bundle is sold for £529.99 at Amazon.co.uk
Also the PS5 Horizon disk bundle is available via invite for 619,99€ at Amazon.de

Otto, the second biggest online retailer in Germany, also sold for increased prices today.

Those prices are madness and Sony will have a hard time selling a lot. There is just so much demand at those prices during economic downturns.
I don't get the strategy at all. Especially with all other electronics (outside of iPhones) dropping hard in prices.
GPUs, Laptops, TVs.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was going to post a quick comment that the disc one on amazon.co.uk is now 479.99 gbp. Took a while.

I am waiting on the consumer confidence index and the European Monthly numbers. Already suspect software softness for August.

Yeah, I was going to post a quick comment that the disc one on amazon.co.uk is now 479.99 gbp. Took a while.

I am waiting on the consumer confidence index and the European Monthly numbers. Already suspect software softness for August.

Consumer spending on unnecessary goods and services has to decline. At least overall. Maybe gaming can achieve a lower decline compared to other categories.
There is always Christmas gifting, but there is now such a huge difference between a Switch or Series S and the PS5.

People who only need a PS5 will always exists and still continue to buy one. But all those who just want a console, or really have to look at their budget.
Sony has such a hard time with them compared to last gen.

Also scalping prices in Germany went up a lot, too
650€ was easily possible to find a scalped PS5, we're not back at 700 to 800. Asking prices. Not sure if the BID will increase, too

Here in Germany after great PS5 supply in July and August, September is a lot worse gain.
Japan paints a similar picture. Wonder if that will happen in the US, too and the next bigger shipments arrive later in October in time for CoD.

Might also have to do with the fact, that they changed to the new revision.

PS5 will have a MW2 bundle. Right now it's exclusive to PlayStation store, $559

Interesting week ahead in Europe.
Sony is releasing a Fifa 2023 hard bundle and Microsoft is giving aways Fifa 2023 with Series S consoles

Amazon.co.uk hourly is looking like this right now.
#17 refurbished Series S + Fifa
#12 Series X
#24 Series S + Fifa
#33 Series S + Fifa Ultimate
#36 PS5
#46 Series S

Maybe because Xbox sell less games and acessories than the competitors?
That might worry a retailer like Gamestop, but not Amazon. Never had in the past.
Xbox is selling a lot of controllers, other accessories and digital games. Not much physical games, but for Amazon physical game sales margin is not what they need to have a solid business.

This is what I'm talking about: (That was the Series X until a few days ago)
gSvEfBa.png

@Welfare
Any idea why Amazon.com has the Series X as not available anymore?
Just the refurbished is still listed.

Maybe a new SKU? Or just the same issue as the Series S?
I noticed that Series X was getting less units the past couple of weeks but I guess Amazon is out of them now.

That's another thing, I think Series X availability has gone down this month. Best Buy is sold out and Target hasn't seen a big restock in weeks.

If there is a new SKU coming I'd think they would announce it by now or at the latest some time in October.

I noticed that Series X was getting less units the past couple of weeks but I guess Amazon is out of them now.

That's another thing, I think Series X availability has gone down this month. Best Buy is sold out and Target hasn't seen a big restock in weeks.

If there is a new SKU coming I'd think they would announce it by now or at the latest some time in October.
Maybe a 6nm revision? It would be great, alongside a cheaper digital only one.

Weird not to see any big end of quarter Series X shipment.
Maybe they're just delayed to October. But shipping is not an issue anymore. Freight is down a lot
Fd5Mo-vWQAENw8R

Amazon.co.uk FIFA week hardware rankings
#16 Series X
#20 Series S + Fifa
#26 PS5
#30 Series S (refub) + Fifa
#33 Series S + Fifa Ultimate
#46 Switch Neon
#57 Series S
#80 Switch Oled
#97 Series S Fortnite Bundle
#100 Series S (refub) + Fifa Ultimate

Still don't know why the PS5 Fifa Bundles are not charted. They went definitely on sale.
And sadly Chris didn't provide GFK sales this Sunday already.

Unless the promotion comes to all retailers it's not Microsoft doing it, but rather the retailer.

During Madden launch we had the first Microsoft sanctioned Xbox console deal in the US for this generation.
Seems a bit early again, but i would expect something across the board during CoD launch.

Last edited:
Unless the promotion comes to all retailers it's not Microsoft doing it, but rather the retailer.

During Madden launch we had the first Microsoft sanctioned Xbox console hardware deal in the US for this generation.
Seems a bit early again, but i would expect something across the board during CoD launch.
Could Microsoft give a CoD Modern Warfare 2 code with every Xbox Series?

Back
Top Bottom