• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PS5/XBS Stock Watch: 2024 and Beyond

Next PS5 Walmart drop is June 2

May's a write off. This is going to be a low month.

Looks like we have our first official PS5 hardware bundle. This has apparently already launched in the UK and will launch in the US soon.

First in the US.
Europe already had Ratchet & Clank official bundles.

I think June might be quite a big month for PS5

Looks like we have our first official PS5 hardware bundle (in the US). This has apparently already launched in the UK and will launch in the US soon.

I was seeing those earlier. Interesting how they want to bundle a game when supply is still going to be hard to come by

Maybe Sony see it as an opportunity to make sure every PS5 owner has Horizon 2.

Looks like we have our first official PS5 hardware bundle (in the US). This has apparently already launched in the UK and will launch in the US soon.

Well...it begins
Horizon-Bundles.png

Did xbox do the same? don't remember much about the disastrous xbox one generation.

I think I've missed the memo but what is it about Horizon as a franchise that Sony seems hellbent on getting 'numbers' for? I love the games but their actions towards this franchise almost seem like favoritism.

Well...it begins
Horizon-Bundles.png

Did xbox do the same? don't remember much about the disastrous xbox one generation.
Xbox One had a ton of bundles over the years but they generally rotated the games every year. Only semi consistent one was Minecraft.
I think I've missed the memo but what is it about Horizon as a franchise that Sony seems hellbent on getting 'numbers' for? I love the games but their actions towards this franchise almost seem like favoritism.
It's what they did with Uncharted/TLOU and the PS3/4. Bundle the shit out of it so that anyone buying a console had to get one with Uncharted 2, 3, NDC, or TLOU:R. Basically ensuring that millions will play the game you want to make a franchise out of.

Actual PS5 stock! That is nice to see. Any idea how big the drop is?
GameStop, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and Amazon have always been reported to be ~90% of the market in the US. Obviously since the pandemic there has been the introduction of PlayStation Direct, so that plus the previous big 5 probably round out to +90%.

Sam's Club, BJ's, Antonline etc probably only sell a couple to few thousand units at best every drop? I would be flabbergasted if Sony were sending +10K to BJ's. That's something that could be sent to GameStop for a quick online drop.

Sam's Club is Wal-Mart anyways.
I guess the next big one should be Costco. Especially during the holidays, they have a lot stock.

Retailer market share is probably one of the most valuable NPD information we don't have.

Best Buy is still periodically getting the Series X. It went out of stock near me a week ago but now you can order for pickup in 6 days.

PS5 will have a big May in Europe. Massive stock level. Not sure yet if that's enough to beat March 2021, but the best month of the year for certain.

For the US, that will happen in June. Stock is arriving later.

May 2022 - Week 4 (May 22 - 28)

PS5
May 24: Sony Direct [1]
May 26: Amazon [2]
May 28: GameStop [3]

Xbox Series
May 25: Costco [4]
May 26: MS Store [5]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #4 PS5 $499 / #31 Xbox Series S $289 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was May 23 - May 29) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at all major and smaller retailers

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

Last edited:
PS5 Amazon drop happened two hours ago. Various rankings before they get updated.

May 2022 https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2022-05/videogames
#12 NSW Neon
#27 Xbox Series S
#56 NSW Animal Crossing
#88 NSW Lite Blue

May Week Starting May 23, 2022 https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2022-05-23/videogames
#17 NSW Neon
#27 Xbox Series S
#67 NSW Animal Crossing
#82 NSW Lite Blue

2022 https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2022/videogames
#10 NSW OLED White
#19 NSW Neon
#22 Xbox Series S
#37 PS5
#46 Xbox Series X
#69 NSW Animal Crossing

The PS5 might end up having a good May in the US.
Don't think 3 retailers in the last week are enough to make PS5 having a good May. But it should be enough to make PS5 not having a bad May.

Before this week I would have put PS5 at #3 for both units and revenue for certain.

NPD numbers in May 2021 for Console HW was quite bad (understatement cause it was like the worst out of the last 20mths at 244m usd) so will see a good YOY increase for sure.

Gamestop seems to be all stores again. I guess the "just a few stores" drops are over. Just read one reddit post about having 3 units.

May 2022 Full Month (May 01 - 28)

PS5 - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource Post
1Costco / AntonlineSource
2AdoramaSource
3Costco / BJ'sSource
4GameStop / Amazon / Sony DirectSource

Xbox Series - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource
1Walmart / AntonlineSource
2Source
3Best BuySource
4MS Store / CostcoSource

Notes
Amazon full month rankings: #11 PS5 $499 / #28 Xbox Series S $289 (Amazon full month goes from May 01 to May 31) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at every major and small retailer.

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target now sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

May will easily be the worst month for PS5 and Xbox this year. The China lockdowns continued to a point which affected shipments out of the nation to where most of May was barren, barely any new units being sent in. Even Series S is feeling it where it's going in and out of stock on Amazon.

PS5 Week 4 is the only week with major drops and likely 80% or more of all sales this month happened then.

Xbox is harder to gauge but Series S has generally been on sale all month while Series X supply never got better.

Last edited:
June 2022 - Week 1 (May 29 - June 04)

PS5
May 31: Antonline [1]
June 01: GameStop [2]
June 02: Walmart [3]

Xbox Series
June 02: MS Store [4]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #31 Xbox Series S $289 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was May 30 - June 05) Source

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

Last edited:
PS5 Horizon bundles now being sold in the US at major retailers. It's a $50 bump. $549 regular and $449 Digital.

@Welfare
You think Series X stock in May was better than April in the US?
That was clearly the case across Europe. But for Sony, shipments are also on a different cadence for the two regions. But I feel Xbox is somewhat more aligned.

@Welfare
You think Series X stock in May was better than April in the US?
That was clearly the case across Europe. But for Sony, shipments are also on a different cadence for the two regions. But I feel Xbox is somewhat more aligned.
Series X should be down from April. April was helped by late March shipments coming in. There really wasn't much in May.

June 2022 - Week 2 (June 05 - June 11)

PS5
June 06: Costco [1]
June 07: Best Buy [2]
June 09: Amazon [3]

Xbox Series
June 07: Walmart [4]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

Notes

Last edited:
First wave of Amazon PS5 drops is happening

June 2022 https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2022-06/videogames
#19 NSW Neon
#28 Xbox Series S
#32 NSW OLED Neon
#44 NSW OLED Neon
#56 NSW Animal Crossing
#93 NSW Lite Turquoise

June Week Starting June 6, 2022 https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2022-06-06/videogames
#15 NSW Neon
#29 Xbox Series S
#32 NSW OLED Neon
#40 NSW OLED Neon
#62 NSW Animal Crossing
#91 NSW Lite Turquoise

2022 https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2022/videogames
#11 NSW OLED White
#19 NSW Neon
#22 Xbox Series S
#29 PS5
#48 Xbox Series X
#67 NSW Animal Crossing

Last edited:
June 2022 - Week 3 (June 12 - June 18)

PS5
June 14: Antonline [1]

Xbox Series
June 17: Best Buy [2]

[1]

[2]

Notes

June 2022 - Week 4 (June 19 - June 25)

PS5
June 20: Antonline [1]
June 22: Sony Direct [2]
June 23: Sony Direct [3]
June 24: GameStop [4]

Xbox Series
June 20: MS Store [5]
June 24: GameStop [4]
June 25: MS Store [6]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

Notes

Last edited:
Something annoying with Amazon is that they've hidden the Series S. No longer showing up in the rankings (was in the high teens last I checked) and won't even show up on standard search results. Had to go through the Fortnite Bundle page to find the regular SKU sold by amazon and not a third party.

Seems like no Series X on Amazon.com in June again?
So just 1 drop in the first half of the year.
Maybe Prime Day will have stock. But you don't need that to move units yet. They S would be more fitting with a $30 Amazon Gift Card.
Anyways the point still stands.

Compared to Europe, US restocks seem low.
And this is now true for both the Series X and PS5

Seems like no Series X on Amazon.com in June again?
So just 1 drop in the first half of the year.
Maybe Prime Day will have stock. But you don't need that to move units yet. They S would be more fitting with a $30 Amazon Gift Card.
Anyways the point still stands.

Compared to Europe, US restocks seem low.
And this is now true for both the Series X and PS5
Series X was a last minute drop in March, could be the same this month.

Something annoying with Amazon is that they've hidden the Series S. No longer showing up in the rankings (was in the high teens last I checked) and won't even show up on standard search results. Had to go through the Fortnite Bundle page to find the regular SKU sold by amazon and not a third party.
And why is that?

Frist significant Series X deal in Germany
50€ off
Over 400 consoles sold in less than an hour
Ebay is just a secondary marketplace for that electronics retailer (but the stock is shared. the console is now also sold out at Saturn.de)

6Mf7iud.png

Amazon and Mediamarkt got new stock, too and the console is still available there.
There was a time not long ago, where the whole Xbox platform didn't sell 1k units a day.

50€ off
Ebay is just a secondary marketplace for that electronics retailer (but the stock is shared. the console is now also sold out at Saturn.de)

6Mf7iud.png

Amazon and Mediamarkt got new stock, too and the console is still available there.
There was a time not long ago, where the whole Xbox platform didn't sell 1k units a day.

In Spain apparently Xbox Series X has been available to purchase on the MS store for three weeks now.

Just tried and yeah, it's still in stock.

Regular stores have little to no stock.

50€ off

6Mf7iud.png

I'm confused. Isn't this a sale on a hard to find item? And I'm sure Xbox platforms have sold over a 1000 consoles in a day in Germany plenty of times.

I'm confused. Isn't this a sale on a hard to find item? And I'm sure Xbox platforms have sold over a 1000 consoles in a day in Germany plenty of times.

Yes it has plenty of times. But also quite often not.
And this is nearly 500 units for just 1 listing. (got a small restock today during noon)

Series X|S is currently selling around 30k in the UK per month, when no big Series X shipments arrive. That's the! Xbox country outside the US.
Xbox One sold less than 2m total units in Germany during it's 7 years on shelf. The average is well below 1k units a day.
X360 did better with an average above 1k units a day. Tho the console lasted a year longer and had a very slow start. During the X360 peek years the console managed nearly 1.5k units a day on average.

Just found it worthwhile to share when getting actual hard numbers.

Ps5’s have been in stock all day on playstation direct, horizon bundle is still up. They’re up on amazon invite also

General update, it looks like Series X is in stock at Target

PS5 and Series S were on sale for GameStop's Pro Day (Friday and Saturday). Series X was also sold going by someone picking one up but it must be in low numbers if not advertised.

Back
Top Bottom