• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PS5/XBS Stock Watch: 2024 and Beyond

Apparently Target is selling PS5's like Xbox now. When stores get them it'll go up for sale. No longer waiting for event days.

Apparently Target is selling PS5's like Xbox now. When stores get them it'll go up for sale. No longer waiting for event days.
Really interesting how they work haha
Similar to how Target deals with Xbox Series X restocks, the retailer will now be restocking the PS5 on a store-by-store basis. This means that a restock at your local store is possible on any day from now, as long as the particular store has received a shipment of PS5s
However, if you want to secure your console, you’ll need to know how to check if any Target stores near you have the PS5 in stock.

Didnt know this...shame somethinh like this doesnt exist here in Colombia.

Here's a near end of month comparison compared to last year.

April 2021 Full Month (April 04 - May 01)

PS5 - NPD: ???

Week #StoresSource Post
1GameStopSource
2GameStop / Walmart / Sony Direct (2)Source
3Amazon / Sony Direct / Costco (2) / Antonline / Kohl'sSource
4GameStop / Target / GameflySource

Xbox Series - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource
1GameStop / WalmartSource
2GameStop / Walmart (2)Source
3GameStop / Amazon / MS Store / Kohl'sSource
4GameStop / Walmart / Target / Best Buy / MS Store / Antonline (2)Source

April 2022 So Far (April 03 - 23)

Week #StoresSource Post
1Sam's ClubSource
2Target / Sony Direct (3) / AntonlineSource
3GameStop / Walmart / Target / Best Buy / Amazon / Sony Direct / Sam's ClubSource

Week #StoresSource
1GameStop / Walmart / MS StoreSource
2Best BuySource
3Walmart (2) / Best Buy / MS StoreSource

PS5 2022 looks a bit better thanks to Week 3 having supply at every major retailer. That hasn't happened in months.

Xbox is harder to compare year over year due to the Series S being readily available and it's possible Series X has more units per drop than last year. GameStop also has Series X constantly available through All Access but it isn't known how popular that option is.

Shanghai currently has the same issues the LA ports had last year.
But of course most electronic is coming from Shenzhen. But that port is affected, too.

Wonder if the late March shipments just couldn't make it before mid April. On the other hand, Xbox has no issues to deliver big end of quarter shipments.

Anyways supply chains stay interrupted.
Also as predicted, Xbox Series supply is drying down again after the big March. It's still a long time until we have those levels of stock constantly.

If someone wants to help find out what the GameStop PS5 sold today, Matt Swider on The Shortcut has it hidden behind a sub.

There's a 7 day free trial I already used so I don't have access.

Last drop he said the average per store was 4-8 units.

If someone wants to help find out what the GameStop PS5 sold today, Matt Swider on The Shortcut has it hidden behind a sub.

There's a 7 day free trial I already used so I don't have access.

Last drop he said the average per store was 4-8 units.
An average of 12 PS5 Disc and 2 PS5 Edition Digital consoles will be available tomorrow morning, though a few stores I’ve called upon will only get 6 PS5 Disc and no Digital (meaning you should show up to your GameStop plenty early)

An average of 12 PS5 Disc and 2 PS5 Edition Digital consoles will be available tomorrow morning, though a few stores I’ve called upon will only get 6 PS5 Disc and no Digital (meaning you should show up to your GameStop plenty early)
Thanks!

If you have the time can you see if there's anything relevant in this? Section is Xbox restock news analysis of stores

3,018 GameStop's as of January 29, 2022

PS5: ~36,200
DE: ~6,000
Total: ~42,200

Thanks!

If you have the time can you see if there's anything relevant in this? Section is Xbox restock news analysis of stores

3,018 GameStop's as of January 29, 2022

PS5: ~36,200
DE: ~6,000
Total: ~42,200
Just checked and their latest information was an update in April 21st and doesn't include in anyway information about the number of consoles per store or in general just that Walmart and Best Buy are getting constant restocks every week.

April 2022 - Week 4 (April 24 - April 30)

PS5
April 25: Sony Direct [1]
April 27: Meijer [2]
April 29: Costco [3]

Xbox Series
April 25: Antonline [4]
April 27: GameStop / MS Store [5][6]
April 30: Best Buy [7]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

[6]

[7]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #30 Xbox Series S $289 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was April 25 - May 01) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at all major and smaller retailers

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

Last edited:
Looks like it's Best Buy's time to receive a bunch of Series X. It's been in stock online for a week now.

So I'm making an "executive decision" and removing those 3 Sony Directs from April Week 2. Looking back at it, only some tweets that are now deleted even mentioned them and every reputable source I'm looking for now doesn't mention them at all for those days.

I thought maybe they just weren't reported? but thinking about I probably shouldn't have added them to begin with.

So I'm making an "executive decision" and removing those 3 Sony Directs from April Week 2. Looking back at it, only some tweets that are now deleted even mentioned them and every reputable source I'm looking for now doesn't mention them at all for those days.

I thought maybe they just weren't reported? but thinking about I probably shouldn't have added them to begin with.
Non of the 3 happened, or just one?

Non of the 3 happened, or just one?
I'm not finding anything that any of those happened.

When I was looking up PS5 drops, I saw a bunch of tweets about a single article that was posted on those three days. I've even joined a tracking discord that doesn't have those Directs.

Considering the tweets were deleted I think they were bots?

Amazon UK drop of both Disc and DE edition.

Currently only got series s in the top 100 at position 46. Will update when the charts update.

More than a week with both PS5 versions available for MRSP in Amazon Brazil. Never happened before. Usually sells out in minutes.

PS5 #1
XSS #4
PS5 DE #16
XSX #30 (third party sellers only with a premium price)
NSW OLED #54
NSW #73

Last edited:
PS5 was available on Amazon.co.uk nearly half an hour.
For Amazon.de it was about half a minute.
Amazon.fr was also relative easy to get a console.

Germany is still the worst. No stock priorities from Sony while having the highest demand in all of Europe

Amazon UK drop of both Disc and DE edition.

Currently only got series s in the top 100 at position 46. Will update when the charts update.
PS5 #1, DE #5 although I'm a bit late. Before updating, the 2022 rank has PS5 at #43, DE outside top 100 and monthly has neither.
PS5 was available on Amazon.co.uk nearly half an hour.
For Amazon.de it was about half a minute.
Amazon.fr was also relative easy to get a console.

Germany is still the worst. No stock priorities from Sony while having the highest demand in all of Europe
Half an hour is pretty long, seems like the demand is finally beating the bots and people with alerts.

It would be pretty funny (read: sad) if all PS5 sees this month was that monster Week 3.

Series X is actually doing a bit better than I thought. Best Buy still has it online and was the only major retailer that missed out on near 100% availability in March. GameStop has another online drop but it's a bundle. Will probably take a bit to sell through everything.

Amazon UK Post drop

April
PS5 disc #22
Series S #47
Series X and PS5 DE doesn't chart

YTD
PS5 disc #27
Series S #36
Series X #54
PS5 digital doesn't chart

April 2022 Full Month (April 03 - 30)

Week #StoresSource Post
1Sam's ClubSource
2Target / Sony Direct (?) / AntonlineSource
3GameStop / Walmart / Target / Best Buy / Amazon / Sony Direct (2) / Sam's ClubSource
4Sony Direct / Meijer / CostcoSource

Week #StoresSource
1GameStop / Walmart / MS StoreSource
2Walmart / Best BuySource
3Walmart (2) / Best Buy / MS StoreSource
4Walmart / Best Buy / MS Store / AntonlineSource

Notes
Amazon full month rankings: #9 PS5 $499 / #27 Xbox Series X $499 / #39 Xbox Series S $299 (Amazon full month goes from April 01 to April 30) Source (Please note that the way NPD tracking works, all Xbox Series X sales this month were counted in the March NPD)

Walmart and Target had Series X for about the first half the month reliably but then ran dry. Drops happened later but not like March.

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported. Series X has been available on the website the last 2 weeks of the month.

Xbox Series S is in stock at every major and small retailer.

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target now sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

The GameStop in store PS5 drop is estimated to have sold ~42,200 (PS5: ~36,200 / DE: ~6,000)

April will be a down month for Xbox. Series X in general seems to have been in stock much better than most months but the volume won't be as high as March.

PS5 looks to have seen a good month and might be better than March. The Amazon drop was much higher in April than March but estimated GameStop sales are about ~8K less from March (~50K or more). The Week 2 Sony Direct (?) is because they might have happened, but I saw no reliable reporting for them. From what I understand the Target drops were massive for the stores that got them, but Target is typically regional sales during drops and not always nationwide. Week 3 is the clear peak week, with Week 2 far behind it, Week 4 behind that, then Week 1 basically selling nothing.

Last edited:
May 2022 - Week 1 (May 01 - 07)

PS5
May 02: Antonline [1]
May 05: Costco [2]

Xbox Series
May 02: Walmart / Antonline [3][4]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #28 Xbox Series S $289 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was May 02 - May 08) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

Last edited:
As I said before and suspected, the big March Xbox Series X shipments did not indicate better general supply at all. Yes the shipments got bigger, but not more frequent and not enough to meet demand.

April is down a lot over March and May will most likely be worse. The next big drop should be expected in June.
Q3 will see demand increase thanks to new exclusive game releases.
So even Series X shortages will no be solved before 2023.
And we're talking about WW here. US could be a lot worse.
Series S took between half and a year longer to solve the general availability problem in the US compared to other markets.

Last edited:
As I said before and suspected, the big March Xbox Series X shipments did not indicate better general supply at all. Yes the shipments got bigger, but not more frequent and not enough to meet demand.

April is down a lot over March and May will most likely be worse. The next big drop should be expected in June.
Series S was between half and a year longer to solve the general availability problem in the US compared to other markets.
Yeah it is unfortunate Series X only got about a month of great supply.

With any luck June does see another big push like last year.

Yeah it is unfortunate Series X only got about a month of great supply.

With any luck June does see another big push like last year.
If Xbox has a Starfield special edition Xbox Series X that you can preorder in June but it doesn’t charge you and ship until November, which month does it count for? Do we have anyway of knowing?

If Xbox has a Starfield special edition Xbox Series X that you can preorder in June but it doesn’t charge you and ship until November, which month does it count for? Do we have anyway of knowing?
Preorders don't get counted until day of release as they aren't actually a sale yet.

Microsoft has had Xbox Series X available to purchase outright (no 3-month Game Pass bundle required) since late April. It has blinked out of sale like once or twice that I've seen.

Series S took between half and a year longer to solve the general availability problem in the US compared to other markets.
This didn't age well.

I just want to say a big thanks to you all (especially @Welfare) for keeping track of all the console drops in the US (and other regions). They do help me a lot when I do the VGChartz weekly hardware estimates. Looking at historical data used to be helpful, but not so much with the PS5 and Series X.

I just want to say a big thanks to you all (especially @Welfare) for keeping track of all the console drops in the US (and other regions). They do help me a lot when I do the VGChartz weekly hardware estimates. Looking at historical data used to be helpful, but not so much with the PS5 and Series X.
I knew this would be useful with it being so hard to find a console in 2020, but man it can be dreadful some weeks. Like right now there's nothing going on. I saw one PS5 drop but it's at a small retailer so I don't even have the urgency to make a Week 2 update.

Seeing in real time little to no sales occuring is both fascinating and crazy.

I knew this would be useful with it being so hard to find a console in 2020, but man it can be dreadful some weeks. Like right now there's nothing going on. I saw one PS5 drop but it's at a small retailer so I don't even have the urgency to make a Week 2 update.

I wonder if a large reason for the situation being even worse than even last year during some period of time is due to the lockdowns in China.

I wonder if a large reason for the situation being even worse than even last year during some period of time is due to the lockdowns in China.
Yeah this is critical. A significant portion of these consoles come from China so when that stops it's really noticable. We might see another big PS5 drop later in the month but it'll only be one I reckon.

The lack of stock is not great. I am guessing you are talking about PS5 and Series X for May? We know Switch and Series S are readily available. It is a shame as Xbox had an amazing March and PS5 had good stock in Europe in April and at least some in the US.

The lack of stock is not great. I am guessing you are talking about PS5 and Series X for May? We know Switch and Series S are readily available. It is a shame as Xbox had an amazing March and PS5 had good stock in Europe in April and at least some in the US.
Yes, PS5 and Series X. X is available at some Best Buy's and you know what's funny? Just checked Target while writing this post, exactly 1 store has exactly 1 unit available near me 🤔 and looking at other state zip codes, some store got some units in. Maybe a tiny drop happened this week. There's also the All Access option on GameStop but I have no idea how popular that is

Series S is doing good again on Amazon at least. Back in the top 20. OLED OOS for a week now I think.

Yes, PS5 and Series X. X is available at some Best Buy's and you know what's funny? Just checked Target while writing this post, exactly 1 store has exactly 1 unit available near me 🤔 and looking at other state zip codes, some store got some units in. Maybe a tiny drop happened this week. There's also the All Access option on GameStop but I have no idea how popular that is

Series S is doing good again on Amazon at least. Back in the top 20. OLED OOS for a week now I think.
1 store with 1 in stock? Now that is one small drop of consoles.

PS5 and Xbox drop on Amazon UK last couple days.

Series X still available and #3 on the hourly. PS5 went to #1 yesterday but has dropped after selling out quickly, now #6 (was also a prime exclusive I believe).

May 2022 - Week 2 (May 08 - 14)

PS5
May 11: Adorama [1]

Xbox Series

[1]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #27 Xbox Series S $289 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was May 09 - May 15) Source

Last edited:
May 2022 - Week 3 (May 15 - 21)

PS5
May 17: Costco [1]
May 19: BJ's [2]

Xbox Series
May 19: Best Buy [3]

[1]

[2]

[3]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #31 Xbox Series S $289 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was May 16 - May 22) Source

Last edited:
empty-shelves-john-travolta.gif

Back
Top Bottom