• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Nintendo software and hardware sales data from 1983 to present

This thread is amazing.

Is there a graph where you put the sales of Nintendo DS year by year. I know there are graphs where Nintendo DS is but it is mixed with Wii, I would like to know if there is some type of graph or bars where it marks the sales of each year of Nintendo DS during its commercial life cycle, thank you.

I would like to know how much the Nintendo DS was able to sell each year to see its best years compared to the Nintendo Switch.
Here you go, just made it :) The 3DS launched at the end of the DS' 7th fiscal year.
Aligned_global_hardware_sales_per_fiscal_year.png

And this was the LTD comparison I made for the November earnings release:
FyLR3Xs.png

So is the switch on the way to beat the DS? Yay or nay?

Unless Nintendo has another Switch revision that lasts ~3 years until a successor comes out in 2025/2026, I can't see it hitting the DS. That system is still out-pacing the Switch.

The DS was a much cheaper system than the Switch, that Switch is even in the running is impressive

Hey Celine is there a particular source which you got Fire emblem Fates and other such games that don't get updated regularly (Kid icarus for example) from? Last info i could find is on FY2016 Suplemental earnings release wheres yours was updated as of Dec 2019.

So is the switch on the way to beat the DS? Yay or nay?
I personally think yay.

However, just going by the chart, Switch is outpacing PS2 and pacing behind DS. And DS had terrible legs, while PS2 had fantastic legs. So, it is clearly in the running to beat both systems with no guarantees of beating either. We'll probably need a couple of years more data before it becomes a clear "yay" or "nay".

I believe it is safe to say it will clearly outsell PS4 and Gameboy.

I personally think yay.

However, just going by the chart, Switch is outpacing PS2 and pacing behind DS. And DS had terrible legs, while PS2 had fantastic legs. So, it is clearly in the running to beat both systems with no guarantees of beating either. We'll probably need a couple of years more data before it becomes a clear "yay" or "nay".

I believe it is safe to say it will clearly outsell PS4 and Gameboy.

Nintendo Switch is probably at around 102 million as of January 1st, 2022 and in a year’s time, will hit 122m. I think that sometime this November or December, NS will pass PlayStation 4 and Game Boy, back to back.

Even with a pretty conservative guess, come 01-01-24, I can see Nintendo Switch’s total being 137m and should Nintendo skip a souped up NS model and go straight to Nintendo Switch 2 in November, 2024, I think the OG model(s) hits 145 million at that point.

If we’re looking at 147 million Nintendo Switch units out there on the console’s 8th anniversary and if Nintendo plans on releasing cross-gen software for two years into NS2’s life, keeps production lines open on Nintendo Switch Lite and base NS models, along with introducing significant price drops on the aforementioned, the console could have fairly strong legs for a couple more years, inching towards 160 million as it approaches turning 11.

PlayStation 2 launched in 2000 for $300 and dropped to $100 in 2009, three years into PS3’s life. Imagine Nintendo Switch Lite on the market for $80-$100 and Nintendo Switch at $150, all the while, there’s a Player’s Choice line of games that are permanently at $20 or $30 and new software coming out even while the more expensive Nintendo Switch 2 is available.

That’s a strong ecosystem and still provides a good reason for people to make an easy and affordable purchase of a base NS.

There’s the China factor, too. Nintendo Switch could high end, sell 210 million in my opinion, but that’s definitely on the optimistic side and it requires several things to go down just right.

No fewer than 140 will sell.
160 is very possible.
210 could, but requires plenty of if’s.

Nintendo Switch is probably at around 102 million as of January 1st, 2022 and in a year’s time, will hit 122m. I think that sometime this November or December, NS will pass PlayStation 4 and Game Boy, back to back.

Even with a pretty conservative guess, come 01-01-24, I can see Nintendo Switch’s total being 137m and should Nintendo skip a souped up NS model and go straight to Nintendo Switch 2 in November, 2024, I think the OG model(s) hits 145 million at that point.

If we’re looking at 147 million Nintendo Switch units out there on the console’s 8th anniversary and if Nintendo plans on releasing cross-gen software for two years into NS2’s life, keeps production lines open on Nintendo Switch Lite and base NS models, along with introducing significant price drops on the aforementioned, the console could have fairly strong legs for a couple more years, inching towards 160 million as it approaches turning 11.

PlayStation 2 launched in 2000 for $300 and dropped to $100 in 2009, three years into PS3’s life. Imagine Nintendo Switch Lite on the market for $80-$100 and Nintendo Switch at $150, all the while, there’s a Player’s Choice line of games that are permanently at $20 or $30 and new software coming out even while the more expensive Nintendo Switch 2 is available.

That’s a strong ecosystem and still provides a good reason for people to make an easy and affordable purchase of a base NS.

There’s the China factor, too. Nintendo Switch could high end, sell 210 million in my opinion, but that’s definitely on the optimistic side and it requires several things to go down just right.

No fewer than 140 will sell.
160 is very possible.
210 could, but requires plenty of if’s.
Yes, I fully agree. There is a reason why I started my post with, "I personally think yay." Switch is currently tracking between DS and PS2. It needs legs better than the DS to pass it, but there are a lot of reason why we should expect Switch to have good legs going forward:

-Hasn't yet had a price cut.
-Third party support continues to grow YoY.
-Potential expansion into China.
-Strong support even after "Switch 2" releases, since Nintendo only needs to support 2 systems during a transition instead of 4 like in the past.
-Nintendo's goal is "one system per person" and not just "one system per household".

A whole lot would have to go wrong for it not to pass the DS, but that may not be clear yet from sales data alone.

Yes, I fully agree. There is a reason why I started my post with, "I personally think yay." Switch is currently tracking between DS and PS2. It needs legs better than the DS to pass it, but there are a lot of reason why we should expect Switch to have good legs going forward:

-Hasn't yet had a price cut.
-Third party support continues to grow YoY.
-Potential expansion into China.
-Strong support even after "Switch 2" releases, since Nintendo only needs to support 2 systems during a transition instead of 4 like in the past.
-Nintendo's goal is "one system per person" and not just "one system per household".

A whole lot would have to go wrong for it not to pass the DS, but that may not be clear yet from sales data alone.

Very good points. Also, the chip shortage affecting PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series more than Nintendo Switch, means that more NS units will be available to buy during these next two years. Having more stock available is only good if there's a reason to buy said hardware, but here we are in 2022 and there are a lot of compelling reasons to buy a Nintendo Switch. Instead of folks begrudgingly resorting to buy an NS when they can't find a PS5/XBS, they'll look at the cost benefit, be surrounded by the word of mouth of evergreens, and be buying into still a healthy, vibrant platform with NEW hit games being released and not something that's gonna die off in 6 months.

The stock issue of PS5 and XBS being a problem also means that third party companies are hanging onto PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for probably a little longer than they anticipated. By making cross-gen games for those systems because of their install bases, Nintendo Switch will be the recipient of some of those titles as well.

Yes, Nintendo Switch will also be hit by the chip shortage, but it's not competing for the same new components as the competition, which the latter are in competition with other new, non-video game platforms on the market. Let Nintendo take their time making a Nintendo Switch 2. Perhaps that thing will be a hybrid console released in November of 2024 and have Xbox Series S-like capabilities for $400. A 1080p screen, capable of putting out 4K when docked, but with the understanding that most higher profile games will be running at 1080p docked, all while being backwards compatible? That sounds like a dream machine and probably isn't too far off from reality.

Unless Nintendo has another Switch revision that lasts ~3 years until a successor comes out in 2025/2026, I can't see it hitting the DS. That system is still out-pacing the Switch.
The DS was a much cheaper system than the Switch, that Switch is even in the running is impressive
Combining these two points - DS also had a Pro revision in year 4.

Switch hasn't had that, and is much more expensive, and is still in the running, which is quite crazy. It will also easily sell more software and have much higher revenue, even inflation adjusted.

So switch has a pretty good chance at matching million sellers on DS (54) this year.

It's now at 47 with theses titles slated for the year:

Pokemon Arceus
Triangle strategy
Kirby
Advance wars
Splatoon
Mario + Rabbids
BotW
Bayonetta

Out of them, at least 6 are sure bets (Advance wars and Bayonetta are the outliers, but they should also get there)

Out of them, at least 6 are sure bets (Advance wars and Bayonetta are the outliers, but they should also get there)
If Astral Chain did it, Bayonetta 3 certainly will. Unless it turns out to be terrible.

Advance Wars is hard to analyse because there's been nothing since the initial reveal.

So switch has a pretty good chance at matching million sellers on DS (54) this year.

It's now at 47 with theses titles slated for the year:

Pokemon Arceus
Triangle strategy
Kirby
Advance wars
Splatoon
Mario + Rabbids
BotW
Bayonetta

Is there a chance any of the older titles might either have already made it in under the radar or might do so in future - Brain Training seems like a candidate for eventually crawling over 1 million. Some other candidates could be the Western sales for Dragon Quest XI S, Fire Emblem Warriors and Bravely Default II.

There are of course some that will likely never cross a million: Sushi Striker, TWEWY Final Remix (Outside Japan), Bayo 1+2, SMT V (Europe only). Also FDC 1+2 and Buddy Mission Bond - although I could see these potentially happening if FDC got a late western physical release and BMB got a western localisation with physical.

There's also two weird cases where the games started out as digital-only before later receiving physical versions - Snipperclips and Cadence of Hyrule; any chance that they will make it over a million in the end (even if Nintendo likely didn't calculate their unit sales pre-them getting physical versions)?

Switch top 10 software won 17M for this quarter.
Wii top 10 is still far ahead.

Until end of september 2021.
Switch software 10 : 223 M
Wii software top 10 : 291 M

Until end of december 2021 :
Switch top 10 software : 240 M
Wii top 10 software : 291 M

In the end, switch top 10 software will approach wii top 10 record, it has some chances to eventually beat this record if switch successor is far away to release.

In the end, switch top 10 software will approach wii top 10 record, it has some chances to eventually beat this record if switch successor is far away to release.

I think it will happen by the of end 2023, if not, then 2024.

I also predict that at some point in 2024, every game in the Switch Top 10 software will be at 20 million copies sold.

Out of curiosity, how many hardware and software records did the switch break/still holds?
From the top of my head, for Software it has the best ever fiscal year total for a Nintendo platform (230.88m in FY20-21) and now has the best ever Software quarter for any Nintendo Platform (85.41m for Q3 2FY21-22), also it has the Most 10 million sellers for any Nintendo Platform (Pokemon BD/SP being the 13th) and as for overall including Playstation systems i don't know.

Most notably it holds the franchise records for Mario kart, Animal Crossing, Smash Bro's, Legend of Zelda, 3D Mario Platformer, Mario Party, Splatoon, Luigi's Mansion, Mario tennis, Mario Golf, Musou/warriors, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Pikmin. For genres Switch has the best selling racing game ever (MK8D) and the best selling fighter ever (Smash ultimate).

For Hardware i think the Only record Switch has is best ever Q2 with 6.86m in Q2 FY20-21, it would have almost all of them if not for the Nintendo DS.

I know that Sony includes all the digital sales possible in reports.
And Nintendo only includes a small part of the digital sales.
I like to ask.
Who sold more games to date?
Sony or Nintendo?

I know that Sony includes all the digital sales possible in reports.
And Nintendo only includes a small part of the digital sales.
I like to ask.
Who sold more games to date?
Sony or Nintendo?
To be exact, Nintendo only includes the digital sales of games with a retail release.
I don't know how much software Sony sold, but on their worldwide released consoles Nintendo sold 5,319,600,000 units of software according to their IR site.

From the Sony, I found this compilation:

Software:
PS1: 962 million
PS2: 1,540 billion
PS3: 999 million
PS4: 1 560 billion
PSP: 330 million
Vita: 50 million
Total: 5,441,00 billion
It´s not includes PS5 sales figures.
I think Nintendo sold more, if the digital sales from the Wii, DSi, 3DS, New 3DS, WiiU and Switch are included.

From the Sony, I found this compilation:

Software:
PS1: 962 million
PS2: 1,540 billion
PS3: 999 million
PS4: 1 560 billion
PSP: 330 million
Vita: 50 million
Total: 5,441,00 billion
It´s not includes PS5 sales figures.
I think Nintendo sold more, if the digital sales from the Wii, DSi, 3DS, New 3DS, WiiU and Switch are included.
Yeah, Virtual Console games are also not included in Nintendo's numbers.

Charts about Nintendo franchises with data as 21/12
Updated as of December 2021:

2D MARIO SALES
ppWaXZ0.png

Blue = Home Console ; Yellow = Handheld Console ; Green = Hybrid Console

3D MARIO SALES
Yea81Vj.png

ANIMAL CROSSING SALES
Rath7dY.png

Blue = Home Console ; Yellow = Handheld Console

DONKEY KONG SALES
V4KsVwd.png

Titles marked with * lack official sales numbers

FIRE EMBLEM SALES
4VvYZkD.png

Only includes Western released titles

F-ZERO SALES
Y49bIsy.png

KIRBY SALES
7nQeFL9.png

Blue = Handheld Console; Yellow = Home Console ; Green = Hybrid Console

LUIGI'S MANSION SALES
mNC4rPG.png

MARIO KART SALES
x2uTdJE.png

MARIO PARTY SALES
xFwoyKk.png

MARIO RPG SALES
AQWbscL.png

Blue = Paper Mario ; Yellow = Mario & Luigi

MARIO TENNIS SALES
FSJ8ljJ.png

MARIO SPORTS SALES
xKFN5QO.png

Blue = Golf ; Yellow = Baseball ; Green = Strikers; Orange = Other
Excluding Mario Tennis and Kart Franchises

METROID SALES
1kCkBxq.png

Blue = 2D Metroid ; Yellow = 3D Metroid;

PIKMIN SALES
HYL7uc5.png

Blue = Home Console ; Yellow = Handheld Console; Green = Hybrid Console

POKEMON SALES
JKGSbT0.png

Blue = Original Version ; Yellow = Third Version ; Green = Remake

SMASH BROS SALES
oKNmpGq.png

SPLATOON & ARMS SALES
y8wqugl.png

Blue = Home Console ; Green = Hybrid Console

STAR FOX SALES
x628mdd.png

WARIO SALES
Q0BqTL2.png

Blue = Wario Land ; Yellow = Wario Ware

YOSHI SALES
VMKR4al.png

2D ZELDA SALES
OaBgjao.png

3D Zelda Sales
uH5FYx0.png

NINTENDO HARDWARE SALES
KLwv61a.png

TOP 3 GAMES PER CONSOLE
IRrBVr5.png

Wii Sports had to be split in half since it was skewing the graph too much.

TOP 3 GAMES PER FRANCHISE
C1jE4Dp.png

Top 3 Average Sales per Franchise
c11uEEN.png

*Splatoon only includes 2 games

All graphs based on OP and Nintendo IR Data

Last edited:
Updated as of December 2021:

2D MARIO SALES
ppWaXZ0.png

3D MARIO SALES
Yea81Vj.png

ANIMAL CROSSING SALES
Rath7dY.png

DONKEY KONG SALES
V4KsVwd.png

FIRE EMBLEM SALES
4VvYZkD.png

Only includes Western released titles

F-ZERO SALES
Y49bIsy.png

KIRBY SALES
7nQeFL9.png

Blue = Handheld Console; Yellow = Home Console ; Green = Hybrid Console

LUIGI'S MANSION SALES
mNC4rPG.png

MARIO KART SALES
x2uTdJE.png

MARIO PARTY SALES
xFwoyKk.png

MARIO RPG SALES
AQWbscL.png

Blue = Paper Mario ; Yellow = Mario & Luigi

MARIO TENNIS SALES
FSJ8ljJ.png

MARIO SPORTS SALES
ezpNGL0.png

Blue = Golf ; Yellow = Baseball ; Green = Strikers; Orange = Other
Excluding Mario Tennis and Kart Franchises

METROID SALES
1kCkBxq.png

Blue = 2D Metroid ; Yellow = 3D Metroid;

PIKMIN SALES
HYL7uc5.png

Blue = Home Console ; Yellow = Handheld Console; Green = Hybrid Console

POKEMON SALES
De1C2R3.png

Blue = Original Version ; Yellow = Third Version ; Green = Remake

SMASH BROS SALES
oKNmpGq.png

SPLATOON & ARMS SALES
y8wqugl.png

Blue = Home Console ; Green = Hybrid Console

STAR FOX SALES
x628mdd.png

WARIO SALES
Q0BqTL2.png

Blue = Wario Land ; Yellow = Wario Ware

YOSHI SALES
VMKR4al.png

2D ZELDA SALES
OaBgjao.png

3D Zelda Sales
uH5FYx0.png

NINTENDO HARDWARE SALES
KLwv61a.png

TOP 3 GAMES PER CONSOLE
IRrBVr5.png

Wii Sports had to be split in half since it was skewing the graph too much.

TOP 3 GAMES PER FRANCHISE
NWOpGCN.png

Top 3 Average Sales per Franchise
c11uEEN.png

*Splatoon only includes 2 games

All graphs based on OP and Nintendo IR Data
You forgot to update the Mario Golf Super Rush and the Pokemon Sword/Shield graph. And also Sword/Shield in the top 3 per franchise graph.

Quick sales comparison between Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch after 20 quarters on the market, divided by macro regions:

3DS
HW Japan: 20.97M
HW The Americas: 19.50M
HW Europe + Others: 17.47M

SW Japan: 102.73M
SW The Americas: 87.51M
SW Europe + Others: 74.29M

NSW
HW Japan: 24.36M
HW The Americas: 40.12M
HW Europe + Others: 39.07M

SW Japan: 143.20M
SW The Americas: 345.64M
SW Europe + Others: 277.57M

In term of hardware sales NSW is besting 3DS in Japan which was the only territory where the latter overperformed whereas in Americas and Europe+Others NSW is crushing the 3DS sales (over 100% up).
However the big outperforming is coming from the software side.
In Japan it's close to 50% up whereas in Americas and Europe+Others is close to 300% up.

The list currently has 13 10+mi sellers, then we have guaranteed or almost guaranteed:
  1. Bowser Fury
  2. Mario Party SS
  3. Arceus
  4. Switch Sports
  5. Splatoon 3
  6. BotW 2
Add big chances of a mainline Mario and/or Pokemon next year, and Switch it's really likely to get its 20th 1st party game crossing the 10 million mark in 2023. For comparison, number of 10+ million sellers per platform on OP:
  • Home total: 15
    • NES: 3
    • SNES: 2
    • N64: 1
    • GC: 0
    • Wii: 9
    • WiiU: 0
  • Handheld total: 25
    • GB: 6
    • GBA: 2
    • DS: 10
    • 3DS: 7
  • All Nintendo 1st party without Switch: 40

I think you're underestimating Switch when it comes to software potential.
Usually, peak software arrives after the hardware sales have already started to strongly decline. Switch's hardware peaked in 2020, but 2021 has been very far from a hard decline and 2022 will remain stronger than 2019 was.
Between the hardware not being dead after having reached such high numbers, the strong slate of releases this year (Pokémon Arceus will enter the top 10 for sure) and the fact that Mario Kart is receiving this huge DLC (which will surely boost it's sales, which will all count towards this comparison) the Switch will surpass this in 2023.

MK alone is 9-10 million per year (let's say the next DLC only compensate for the saturation of the market), new games enter the TOP 10 making the baseline higher, and titles like Ring Fit continue on selling (as of now it's closing the list at 13,53 milions sold, but I wouldn't be surprised if the next game to fall from the top 10 are Pokémon let's Go Pikachu and Eeve instead of it) will make those 51 million relatively fast to clear.
If Switch 2 is released 2nd half of 2023 (and after the last Direct, 1st half of 2024 seems much more plausible) even the Wii's inflated top 10 total (since Wii Sports 80 million is a huuuge advantage is very difficult to compete against) will be defeated.

In this quarter the Switch top 10 has increased by 17 millions, it only has to clear 51 more millions and there are still a couple of "slow sellers" in that TOP 10 (pokémon let's go for examples) that will be replaced by much stronger selling games like Arceus, so even Dec 2022 seems possible to me depending on how things go (I think Arceus has a shot at reaching 30 millions once it can have the Christmas boost it hasn't had this year) .

Last edited:
I think you're underestimating Switch when it comes to software potential.
Usually, peak software arrives after the hardware sales have already started to strongly decline. Switch's hardware peaked in 2020, but 2021 has been very far from a hard decline and 2022 will remain stronger than 2019 was.
Between the hardware not being dead after having reached such high numbers, the strong slate of releases this year (Pokémon Arceus will enter the top 10 for sure) and the fact that Mario Kart is receiving this huge DLC (which will surely boost it's sales, which will all count towards this comparison) the Switch will surpass this in 2023.

MK alone is 9-10 million per year (let's say the next DLC only compensate for the saturation of the market), new games enter the TOP 10 making the baseline higher, and titles like Ring Fit continue on selling (as of now it's closing the list at 13,53 milions sold, but I wouldn't be surprised if the next game to fall from the top 10 are Pokémon let's Go Pikachu and Eeve instead of it) will make those 51 million relatively fast to clear.
If Switch 2 is released 2nd half of 2023 (and after the last Direct, 1st half of 2024 seems much more plausible) even the Wii's inflated top 10 total (since Wii Sports 80 million is a huuuge advantage is very difficult to compete against) will be defeated.

In this quarter the Switch top 10 has increased by 17 millions, it only has to clear 51 more millions and there are still a couple of "slow sellers" in that TOP 10 (pokémon let's go for examples) that will be replaced by much stronger selling games like Arceus, so even Dec 2022 seems possible to me depending on how things go (I think Arceus has a shot at reaching 30 millions once it can have the Christmas boost it hasn't had this year) .
No, i wasn't underestimating switch software, my last line confirms this.
Now with announcement of mario kart DLC, it confirms that mario kart can approach ( perhaps around 70 M ) wii sport record and it confirms that switch successor is far away, so it is now for sure that switch top 10 software will beat wii top 10 software.

As March 2012 (which for Switch, launch aligned, would correspond to June 2022) Wii top 10 best selling games totaled about 270 million units sold.

As March 2012 (which for Switch, launch aligned, would correspond to June 2022) Wii top 10 best selling games totaled about 270 million units sold.
NSW at 240.31mil now. (Top 10). Wii Sports being a bundled really helped out that 80mil figure but NSW will destroy it in the end.

MK8D alone can push another 20mil with ACNH doing at least 8mil more. 350mil for combine top 10?

It would be cool to have a thread about predicting Switch Top 10, how many copies sold and what titles will be there? Top 10 total?

Anyway, my prediction for Switch Top 10 for March 31 2024:

MK8 Deluxe: 69m
AC NH: 47m
BOTW: 35m
SSBU: 34m
SMO: 27m
Pokemon SWSH: 26m
Pokemon Arceus: 26m
BOTW 2: 24m
Pokemon Gen 9: 22m
Ring Fit Adventure: 20m

Total for Switch Top 10 Software: 330 millions by March 2024

I think predicting the last game on the list is difficult, it can also be Super Mario Party, Switch Sports (maybe), a new 2D Mario, a new 3D Mario, etc.

List of Nintendo's million sellers
Games published by Nintendo that shipped at least 1 million units worldwide
(this is basically the same data as Celine's, but in one giant list, have fun with it)

• Primarily ordered by life-to-date shipment data
  • Secundarily ordered by data age (older above newer)
  • Tertiarily ordered alphabetically

001. [WII] Wii Sports - 82.90 million (12/2020)
002. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 43.35 million (12/2021)
003. [NES] Super Mario Bros. - 40.24 million (12/2014)
004. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 37.62 million (12/2021)
005. [WII] Mario Kart Wii - 37.38 million (12/2020)
006. [WII] Wii Sports Resort - 33.14 million (12/2020)
007. [GMB] Pokémon Red & Blue & Green - 31.05 million (09/2009)
008. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - 30.80 million (03/2017)
009. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 30.32 million (12/2020)
010. [GMB] Tetris - 30.26 million (12/2014)
011. [NES] Duck Hunt - 28.31 million (12/2014)
012. [WII] Wii Play - 28.02 million (12/2020)
013. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 27.40 million (12/2021)
014. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 25.80 million (12/2021)
015. [NDS] Nintendogs - 23.96 million (03/2017)
016. [NSW] Pokémon Sword & Shield - 23.90 million (12/2021)
017. [GMB] Pokémon Gold & Silver - 23.73 million (09/2009)
018. [NDS] Mario Kart DS - 23.60 million (03/2017)
019. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey - 23.20 million (12/2021)
020. [WII] Wii Fit - 22.67 million (12/2020)
021. [WII] Wii Fit Plus - 21.13 million (12/2020)
022. [SNES] Super Mario World - 20.61 million (12/2014)
023. [NDS] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain? - 19.01 million (03/2017)
024. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 - 18.95 million (12/2021)
025. [GMB] Super Mario Land - 18.14 million (12/2014)

026. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - 17.67 million (03/2017)
027. [NSW] Super Mario Party - 17.39 million (12/2021)
028. [NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - 17.28 million (12/2014)
029. [3DS] Pokémon X & Y - 16.58 million (12/2021)
030. [3DS] Pokémon Sun & Moon - 16.27 million (12/2021)
031. [GBA] Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire - 16.22 million (03/2013)
032. [NDS] Pokémon Black & White - 15.64 million (03/2017)
033. [NDS] More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima: How Old Is Your Brain? - 14.88 million (03/2017)
034. [GMB] Pokémon Yellow - 14.64 million (12/2014)
035. [3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - 14.46 million (12/2021)
036. [NSW] Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! - 14.33 million (12/2021)
037. [NSW] Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl - 13.97 million (12/2021)
038. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure - 13.53 million (12/2021)
039. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 13.39 million (12/2021)
040. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 13.32 million (12/2020)
041. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 12.97 million (12/2021)
042. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - 12.84 million (12/2021)
043. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy - 12.80 million (12/2020)
044. [NDS] Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - 12.72 million (03/2017)
045. [NSW] New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 12.72 million (12/2021)
046. [NSW] Splatoon 2 - 12.68 million (09/2021)
047. [GBA] Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen - 12.00 million (12/2013)
048. [N64] Super Mario 64 - 11.91 million (12/2014)
049. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World - 11.75 million (03/2017)
050. [GMB] Super Mario Land 2 - 11.18 million (12/2014)

051. [NDS] Super Mario 64 DS - 11.06 million (03/2017)
052. [NSW] Luigi's Mansion 3 - 11.04 million (12/2021)
053. [SNES] Super Mario All-Stars - 10.55 million (12/2014)
054. [N64] Mario Kart 64 - 9.87 million (12/2014)
055. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 9.63 million (12/2021)
056. [WII] Wii Party - 9.35 million (12/2020)
057. [NDS] Mario Party DS - 9.31 million (12/2014)
058. [SNES] Donkey Kong Country - 9.30 million (12/2014)
059. [3DS] Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - 9.04 million (12/2021)
060. [NSW] Super Mario 3D All-Stars - 9.01 million (03/2021)
061. [WII] Mario Party 8 - 8.85 million (12/2014)
062. [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 8.85 million (12/2021)
063. [SNES] Super Mario Kart - 8.76 million (12/2014)
064. [NDS] Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - 8.52 million (12/2014)
065. [WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - 8.46 million (12/2021)
066. [N64] GoldenEye 007 - 8.09 million (12/2014)
067. [NDS] Pokémon Platinum - 7.60 million (12/2014)
068. [N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 7.60 million (12/2014)
069. [NES] Super Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario USA) - 7.46 million (12/2014)
070. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 7.41 million (12/2014)
071. [NGC] Super Smash Bros. Melee - 7.41 million (03/2013)
072. [WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 7.26 million (12/2014)
073. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 - 7.15 million (03/2021)
074. [GBA] Pokémon Emerald - 7.06 million (03/2013)
075. [NGC] Mario Kart: Double Dash - 6.88 million (03/2013)

076. [3DS] Tomodachi Life - 6.68 million (12/2021)
077. [WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns - 6.53 million (12/2014)
078. [NES] The Legend of Zelda - 6.51 million (12/2014)
079. [GMB] Pokémon Crystal - 6.39 million (12/2014)
080. [3DS] Luigi's Mansion 2 - 6.33 million (12/2019)
081. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 6.22 million (12/2019)
082. [NDS] Big Brain Academy - 6.15 million (12/2014)
083. [GBA] Mario Kart: Super Circuit - 5.91 million (12/2014)
084. [NGC] Super Mario Sunshine - 5.91 million (12/2014)
085. [WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - 5.88 million (12/2021)
086. [WiiU] New Super Mario Bros. U - 5.81 million (12/2021)
087. [WII] Link's Crossbow Training - 5.79 million (12/2014)
088. [GBA] Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 - 5.69 million (03/2013)
089. [NES] Tetris - 5.58 million (12/2014)
090. [GBA] Super Mario Advance - 5.57 million (12/2014)
091. [N64] Super Smash Bros. - 5.55 million (12/2014)
092. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 5.49 million (03/2021)
093. [N64] Pokémon Stadium (1999) - 5.46 million (12/2014)
094. [GBA] Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - 5.43 million (12/2014)
095. [NSW] Mario Party Superstars - 5.43 million (12/2021)
096. [WiiU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 5.38 million (12/2021)
097. [GMB] Dr. Mario - 5.34 million (12/2014)
098. [GMB] Pokémon Pinball - 5.31 million (12/2014)
099. [N64] Donkey Kong 64 - 5.27 million (12/2014)
100. [WiiU] Nintendo Land - 5.20 million (12/2021)

101. [GMB] Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land - 5.19 million (12/2014)
102. [SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2 - 5.15 million (12/2014)
103. [GMB] Kirby's Dream Land - 5.13 million (12/2014)
104. [GMB] Super Mario Bros. Deluxe - 5.07 million (12/2014)
105. [WiiU] Splatoon - 4.95 million (12/2021)
106. [N64] Diddy Kong Racing - 4.88 million (12/2014)
107. [NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness - 4.88 million (12/2014)
108. [NES] Dr. Mario - 4.85 million (12/2014)
109. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 4.76 million (12/2014)
110. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats - 4.64 million (12/2019)
111. [SNES] The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - 4.61 million (12/2014)
112. [NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - 4.56 million (12/2014)
113. [NGC] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 4.43 million (03/2014)
114. [NES] Zelda II: Adventure of Link - 4.38 million (12/2014)
115. [WII] Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City - 4.32 million (12/2014)
116. [WII] Super Paper Mario - 4.23 million (12/2014)
117. [NES] Excitebike - 4.16 million (12/2014)
118. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 4.16 million (12/2019)
119. [SNES] Yoshi's Island - 4.12 million (12/2014)
120. [WiiU] Super Mario Maker - 4.02 million (12/2021)
121. [NES] Golf - 4.01 million (12/2014)
122. [N64] Star Fox 64 - 4.00 million (12/2014)
123. [GMB] The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons - 3.99 million (12/2014)
124. [GMB] Donkey Kong Land - 3.91 million (12/2014)
125. [NDS] English Training: Have Fun Improving Your Skills - 3.91 million (12/2014)

126. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD - 3.85 million (12/2021)
127. [GMB] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - 3.83 million (12/2014)
128. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection - 3.76 million (12/2014)
129. [GMB] Pokémon Trading Card Game - 3.72 million (12/2014)
130. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS - 3.68 million (12/2019)
131. [WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - 3.67 million (12/2014)
132. [N64] Banjo-Kazooie - 3.65 million (12/2014)
133. [N64] Pokémon Snap - 3.63 million (12/2014)
134. [SNES] Donkey Kong Country 3 - 3.51 million (12/2014)
135. [NES] Kung Fu - 3.50 million (12/2014)
136. [NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - 3.49 million (12/2014)
137. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - 3.47 million (12/2019)
138. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village (outside Japan) - 3.46 million (12/2013)
139. [GMB] F1 Race - 3.41 million (12/2014)
140. [N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 3.36 million (12/2014)
141. [NDS] Yoshi's Island DS - 3.36 million (12/2014)
142. [WII] Big Brain Academy for Wii - 3.34 million (12/2014)
143. [NGC] Luigi's Mansion - 3.33 million (12/2014)
144. [NSW] 1-2 Switch - 3.31 million (06/2020)
145. [NSW] Mario Tennis Aces - 3.29 million (06/2020)
146. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - 3.28 million (12/2019)
147. [NDS] Sight Training: Enjoy Exercising and Relaxing Your Eyes - 3.23 million (12/2014)
148. [NES] Baseball - 3.20 million (12/2014)
149. [SNES] Killer Instinct - 3.20 million (12/2014)
150. [NSW] Kirby: Star Allies - 3.15 million (06/2020)

151. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics (51 Worldwide Games) - 3.14 million (03/2021)
152. [GMB] Yoshi - 3.12 million (12/2014)
153. [NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King - 3.12 million (03/2021)
154. [WII] Mario Party 9 - 3.11 million (12/2014)
155. [N64] Star Wars Episode I: Racer - 3.10 million (12/2014)
156. [NES] World Class Track Meet - 3.08 million (12/2014)
157. [GMB] Donkey Kong - 3.07 million (12/2014)
158. [WiiU] New Super Luigi U - 3.07 million (12/2021)
159. [NSW] Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (outside Japan) - 3.07 million (03/2021)
160. [NDS] Rhythm Paradise (Rhythm Heaven) - 3.04 million (12/2014)
161. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 3.02 million (06/2020)
162. [NES] Punch-Out!! - 3.02 million (12/2014)
163. [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright & Conquest & Revelation - 3.00 million (12/2019)
164. [NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra - 2.99 million (12/2014)
165. [SNES] Star Fox - 2.99 million (12/2014)
166. [NDS] Nintendo presents: Style Boutique - 2.98 million (12/2014)
167. [NDS] Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem - 2.98 million (12/2014)
168. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 2.96 million (12/2014)
169. [N64] Wave Race 64 - 2.94 million (12/2014)
170. [NSW] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 2.93 million (06/2020)
171. [NDS] Pokémon Ranger - 2.93 million (12/2014)
172. [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour - 2.90 million (12/2019)
173. [NDS] Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (outside Japan) - 2.89 million (12/2013)
174. [3DS] Donkey Kong Country 3D - 2.87 million (12/2019)
175. [WII] Wii Music - 2.86 million (12/2014)

176. [SNES] F-Zero - 2.85 million (12/2014)
177. [N64] Yoshi's Story - 2.85 million (12/2014)
178. [NGC] Metroid Prime - 2.84 million (12/2014)
179. [GBA] Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - 2.83 million (12/2014)
180. [GBA] The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past - 2.82 million (12/2014)
181. [NDS] Tetris DS - 2.74 million (12/2014)
182. [NSW] Metroid Dread - 2.74 million (12/2021)
183. [NES] Metroid - 2.73 million (12/2014)
184. [N64] Mario Party - 2.70 million (12/2014)
185. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. - 2.65 million (12/2019)
186. [NES] Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels - 2.65 million (12/2014)
187. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe - 2.61 million (12/2019)
188. [N64] Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire - 2.60 million (12/2014)
189. [WII] Mario Strikers Charged Football - 2.60 million (12/2014)
190. [NDS] Clubhouse Games (42 All-Time Classics) - 2.57 million (12/2014)
191. [N64] Pokémon Stadium 2 - 2.54 million (12/2014)
192. [N64] Perfect Dark - 2.52 million (12/2014)
193. [N64] Mario Party 2 - 2.48 million (12/2014)
194. [NSW] ARMS - 2.47 million (06/2020)
195. [3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 2.47 million (12/2019)
196. [NDS] WarioWare: Touched! - 2.47 million (12/2014)
197. [NGC] Mario Party 4 - 2.46 million (12/2014)
198. [NES] Ice Hockey - 2.42 million (12/2014)
199. [NGC] Pokémon Colosseum - 2.41 million (12/2014)
200. [NES] Pro Wrestling - 2.40 million (12/2014)

201. [GMB] Kirby's Dream Land 2 - 2.36 million (12/2014)
202. [GBA] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team - 2.36 million (12/2014)
203. [NSW] New Pokémon Snap (outside Japan) - 2.36 million (12/2021)
204. [GMB] Donkey Kong Land 2 - 2.35 million (12/2014)
205. [NDS] Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - 2.35 million (12/2014)
206. [WII] WarioWare: Smooth Moves - 2.35 million (12/2014)
207. [WiiU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - 2.35 million (12/2021)
208. [NDS] Art Academy - 2.33 million (12/2014)
209. [N64] Mario Tennis 64 - 2.32 million (12/2014)
210. [WII] Mario Super Sluggers - 2.32 million (12/2014)
211. [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening - 2.31 million (12/2019)
212. [SNES] Mario Paint - 2.31 million (12/2014)
213. [NES] Mario Bros. - 2.28 million (12/2014)
214. [NGC] Animal Crossing - 2.27 million (12/2014)
215. [GBA] Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros. - 2.27 million (12/2014)
216. [NDS] Kirby Squeak Squad (Kirby Mouse Attack) - 2.27 million (12/2014)
217. [WiiU] Mario Party 10 - 2.26 million (12/2021)
218. [NSW] Mario Golf: Super Rush - 2.26 million (12/2021)
219. [WII] Super Mario All-Stars - 2.24 million (12/2014)
220. [GMB] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - 2.22 million (12/2014)
221. [GMB] Wario Land 3 - 2.20 million (12/2014)
222. [GBA] Wario Land 4 - 2.20 million (12/2014)
223. [GMB] Donkey Kong Country - 2.19 million (12/2014)
224. [GMB] Kirby's Pinball Land - 2.19 million (12/2014)
225. [NDS] Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? - 2.17 million (12/2014)

226. [NGC] Mario Party 5 - 2.17 million (12/2014)
227. [N64] Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - 2.17 million (12/2014)
228. [NES] Tennis - 2.17 million (12/2014)
229. [GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - 2.15 million (12/2014)
230. [NES] Volleyball - 2.15 million (12/2014)
231. [NES] Mah Jong - 2.14 million (12/2014)
232. [NES] RC Pro Am - 2.14 million (12/2014)
233. [SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 2.14 million (12/2014)
234. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Lost Future (outside Japan) - 2.13 million (12/2013)
235. [GMB] Golf - 2.12 million (12/2014)
236. [GBA] Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land - 2.10 million (12/2014)
237. [NSW] Yoshi's Crafted World - 2.09 million (06/2020)
238. [NGC] Mario Party 7 - 2.08 million (12/2014)
239. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 2.05 million (06/2020)
240. [NSW] Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 2.04 million (03/2021)
241. [N64] 1080° Snowboarding - 2.03 million (12/2014)
242. [NDS] Mario Slam Basketball - 2.03 million (12/2014)
243. [3DS] Yoshi's New Island - 2.03 million (12/2019)
244. [3DS] LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins - 2.02 million (12/2019)
245. [WiiU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 2.01 million (12/2019)
246. [GMB] Tennis - 1.99 million (12/2014)
247. [WII] Mario Sports Mix - 1.98 million (12/2014)
248. [SNES] SimCity - 1.98 million (12/2014)
249. [NES] Rad Racer - 1.96 million (12/2014)
250. [NES] Soccer - 1.96 million (12/2014)

251. [WII] Pokémon Battle Revolution - 1.95 million (12/2014)
252. [GMB] Alleyway - 1.94 million (12/2014)
253. [N64] Mario Party 3 - 1.91 million (12/2014)
254. [NGC] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - 1.91 million (12/2014)
255. [GMB] Tetris DX - 1.88 million (12/2014)
256. [WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn - 1.85 million (12/2014)
257. [NES] Pinball - 1.85 million (12/2014)
258. [N64] Hey You, Pikachu! - 1.83 million (12/2014)
259. [GBA] Donkey Kong Country - 1.82 million (12/2014)
260. [NGC] Star Fox Adventures - 1.82 million (12/2014)
261. [NSW] Pokkén Tournament DX (outside Japan) - 1.80 million (06/2020)
262. [WII] Kirby's Adventure Wii - 1.79 million (12/2014)
263. [WII] New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis - 1.79 million (12/2014)
264. [WiiU] Wii Party U - 1.78 million (12/2019)
265. [N64] Kirby 64 - 1.77 million (12/2014)
266. [NES] Kid Icarus - 1.76 million (12/2014)
267. [GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - 1.76 million (12/2014)
268. [NES] Kirby's Adventure - 1.75 million (12/2014)
269. [NES] Yoshi - 1.75 million (12/2014)
270. [NDS] Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - 1.73 million (12/2014)
271. [N64] Cruis'n USA - 1.72 million (12/2014)
272. [GMB] Metroid II: Return of Samus - 1.72 million (12/2014)
273. [NDS] Super Princess Peach - 1.70 million (12/2014)
274. [WiiU] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 1.69 million (12/2019)
275. [NDS] General Knowledge Training - 1.68 million (12/2014)

276. [NSW] Octopath Traveler (outside Japan) - 1.68 million (06/2020)
277. [GBA] Golden Sun - 1.65 million (12/2014)
278. [3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - 1.65 million (12/2014)
279. [SNES] Super Scope 6 - 1.65 million (12/2014)
280. [WII] Wii Play Motion - 1.64 million (12/2014)
281. [NGC] Mario Party 6 - 1.63 million (12/2014)
282. [NSW] Miitopia - 1.63 million (12/2021)
283. [GMB] Baseball - 1.61 million (12/2014)
284. [N64] F1 World Grand Prix - 1.60 million (12/2014)
285. [GBA] Metroid Fusion - 1.60 million (12/2014)
286. [NGC] Pikmin - 1.60 million (12/2014)
287. [NGC] Super Mario Strikers - 1.60 million (12/2014)
288. [NDS] Diddy Kong Racing DS - 1.59 million (12/2014)
289. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot - 1.59 million (12/2019)
290. [NSW] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - 1.58 million (06/2020)
291. [3DS] Mario Tennis Open - 1.57 million (12/2019)
292. [NES] Donkey Kong Classics - 1.56 million (12/2014)
293. [WiiU] Yoshi's Woolly World - 1.56 million (12/2019)
294. [NDS] Practise English! - 1.55 million (12/2014)
295. [NDS] Pokémon Ranger: Guardians Signs - 1.53 million (12/2014)
296. [GMB] Yoshi's Cookie - 1.53 million (12/2014)
297. [NES] F1 Race - 1.52 million (12/2014)
298. [NDS] Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis - 1.52 million (12/2014)
299. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - 1.52 million (03/2021)
300. [NES] Ice Climber - 1.50 million (12/2014)

301. [N64] Banjo-Tooie - 1.49 million (12/2014)
302. [NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - 1.49 million (12/2014)
303. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch (outside Japan) - 1.49 million (12/2019)
304. [NES] Nintendo World Cup - 1.48 million (12/2014)
305. [GMB] Wario Land 2 - 1.48 million (12/2014)
306. [GBA] Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - 1.47 million (12/2014)
307. [N64] Mario Golf 64 - 1.47 million (12/2014)
308. [NES] 4 Player Mah Jong - 1.45 million (12/2014)
309. [SNES] Kirby Super Star - 1.44 million (12/2014)
310. [3DS] Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique - 1.43 million (12/2019)
311. [NSW] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX - 1.43 million (06/2020)
312. [NGC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 1.43 million (12/2014)
313. [NGC] Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness - 1.42 million (12/2014)
314. [SNES] Super Metroid - 1.42 million (12/2014)
315. [WII] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 1.41 million (12/2014)
316. [3DS] Super Pokémon Rumble (Pokémon Rumble Blast) - 1.40 million (12/2018)
317. [GBA] Mario vs. Donkey Kong - 1.37 million (12/2014)
318. [NSW] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit - 1.37 million (06/2020)
319. [N64] Paper Mario - 1.37 million (12/2014)
320. [GBA] Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire - 1.37 million (12/2014)
321. [3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - 1.37 million (12/2019)
322. [N64] Pokémon Stadium (1998) - 1.37 million (12/2014)
323. [NDS] Professor Kageyama's Maths Training: The Hundred Cell Calculation Method - 1.37 million (12/2014)
324. [WiiU] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - 1.36 million (12/2019)
325. [3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising - 1.35 million (12/2019)

326. [NGC] Kirby Air Ride - 1.35 million (12/2014)
327. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (outside Japan) - 1.34 million (12/2013)
328. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - 1.34 million (12/2019)
329. [NES] Gyromite - 1.32 million (12/2014)
330. [GMB] Yakuman - 1.28 million (12/2014)
331. [NSW] Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain - 1.28 million (12/2021)
332. [NES] Hogan's Alley - 1.27 million (12/2014)
333. [NGC] Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - 1.27 million (12/2014)
334. [WiiU] Pikmin 3 - 1.27 million (12/2019)
335. [NSW] Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - 1.27 million (03/2021)
336. [WII] PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - 1.25 million (12/2014)
337. [GMB] Tetris 2 - 1.24 million (12/2014)
338. [NSW] WarioWare: Get It Together - 1.24 million (12/2021)
339. [GMB] Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble - 1.23 million (12/2014)
340. [GMB] Game & Watch Gallery 2 - 1.22 million (12/2014)
341. [GMB] Game & Watch Gallery 3 - 1.22 million (12/2014)
342. [NDS] Kirby Mass Attack - 1.22 million (12/2014)
343. [GMB] Solar Striker - 1.20 million (12/2014)
344. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits & Fleshy Souls & Psychic Specters (outside Japan) - 1.20 million (12/2019)
345. [N64] Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside - 1.19 million (12/2014)
346. [NGC] Donkey Konga - 1.18 million (12/2014)
347. [GBA] Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (outside Japan) - 1.18 million (12/2014)
348. [GMB] Mario Tennis - 1.18 million (12/2014)
349. [3DS] Miitopia - 1.18 million (12/2019)
350. [NDS] Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir - 1.18 million (12/2014)

351. [N64] Jet Force Gemini - 1.16 million (12/2014)
352. [NGC] Mario Power Tennis - 1.16 million (12/2014)
353. [WiiU] LEGO City Undercover - 1.15 million (12/2018)
354. [GMB] Qix - 1.15 million (12/2014)
355. [NSW] Astral Chain - 1.14 million (06/2020)
356. [SNES] Pilotwings - 1.14 million (12/2014)
357. [WII] Punch-Out!! - 1.14 million (12/2014)
358. [GMB] Super RC Pro Am - 1.14 million (12/2014)
359. [NES] Donkey Kong - 1.13 million (12/2014)
360. [NSW] Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - 1.13 million (06/2020)
361. [WiiU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - 1.13 million (12/2019)
362. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (outside Japan) - 1.12 million (12/2013)
363. [GBA] Golden Sun: Lost Age - 1.12 million (12/2014)
364. [NGC] Pikmin 2 - 1.12 million (12/2014)
365. [N64] Pilotwings 64 - 1.12 million (12/2014)
366. [NES] Yoshi's Cookie - 1.12 million (12/2014)
367. [NES] Donkey Kong Jr. - 1.12 million (12/2014)
368. [NGC] Metroid Prime 2 - 1.11 million (12/2014)
369. [N64] F-Zero X - 1.10 million (12/2014)
370. [NES] Popeye - 1.10 million (12/2014)
371. [GBA] WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgames! - 1.10 million (12/2014)
372. [NDS] Metroid Prime Hunters - 1.08 million (12/2014)
373. [WII] Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - 1.06 million (12/2014)
374. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. - 1.06 million (12/2019)
375. [GBA] F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - 1.05 million (12/2014)

376. [NGC] Mario Superstar Baseball - 1.05 million (12/2014)
377. [3DS] Star Fox 64 3D - 1.05 million (12/2019)
378. [GMB] Donkey Kong Land 3 - 1.03 million (12/2014)
379. [3DS] Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (outside Japan) - 1.02 million (12/2015)
380. [NDS] Cooking Guide (Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi) - 1.01 million (12/2014)
381. [NSW] Game Builder Garage - 1.01 million (12/2021)
382. [GMB] Game & Watch Gallery - 1.00 million (12/2014)
383. [NES] NES Open Tournament Golf - 1.00 million (12/2014)
384. [3DS] Rhythm Paradise Megamix (Rhythm Heaven Megamix) - 1.00 million (12/2019)

Last edited:
I was watching some reactions to the recent direct, and one of the comments that caught my attention was someone hoping that Switch Sports is the refresh and commercial success that Sports Resort failed to be...

And then I check the 33mil figure...

I was watching some reactions to the recent direct, and one of the comments that caught my attention was someone hoping that Switch Sports is the refresh and commercial success that Sports Resort failed to be...

And then I check the 33mil figure...

Tbf only 33mil is kinda a
failure-steven-he.gif

As of right now Wii's 290M and Switch is at 240M (Top 10). I think Switch will easily get over 300M. Pokemon Legends,Splatoon,BOTW2,Sports, alone will make the 50M+ difference this year and outsell Wii's top 10 by the end of it.

Last edited:
As of right now Wii's 290M and Switch is at 240M (Top 10). I think Switch will easily get over 300M. Pokemon Legends,Splatoon,BOTW2,Sports, alone will make the 50M+ difference this year and outsell Wii's top 10 by the end of it.
I don't think Splatoon can ever get into the Switch top 10 again and don't forget those games will replace top 10 titles and not add to it.

Games published by Nintendo that shipped at least 1 million units worldwide
(this is basically the same data as Celine's, but in one giant list, have fun with it)

• Primarily ordered by life-to-date shipment data
  • Secundarily ordered by data age (older above newer)
  • Tertiarily ordered alphabetically

NDS: 54
NSW: 47
GMB: 44
NES: 41
3DS: 41
N64: 36
WII: 35
GBA: 25
NGC: 25
SNES: 18
WiiU: 18