• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Platinum’s new CEO wants to create ‘larger, riskier’ games and hints at live service focus

Eh.

I'd like to meet the person that thinks it looks great, unqualified. I'm excited for its release, but I'm not going to sit here and say the game doesn't look rough, even if only around the edges.
The game was also over a year away the last time we saw it, game looks like it's in great shape for a second half 2022 release.

Bayo 3 looks a lot less rough than Bayo 2. Clearly it should have been completed earlier and I do think as a whole you can see Platinum being a bit of a mess but I don’t see anything rough from what we’ve seen.

The only thing anyone could really raise in the very little we’ve seen as a complaint is the new boss mode gimmick but thats Just because we’ve not played it yet.
I think the bigger issue is just how little they have had to show of the game after more than 5 years worth of development.

What they've actually shown looks great, it's just that after 5 years, you would expect them to (rightfully) have more to show for all that development time spent on it. Combine that with the current narrative surrounding Platinum Games and how much they appear to be struggling to even stay alive, let alone the numerous disasters they have had outside of their Nintendo projects, and it's not hard to see why people are worried and concerned.

For a brief time I had speculated that Nintendo would go for Platinum, and even as far as 101 Remaster, but the thing is if Plat really wants an Activision like Scenario then that totally takes them out of range for Nintendo and more in line with maybe SE if BF shaped up well. Any more I have no freaking clue but I don’t think it’s Nintendo.

That said I disagree on Bayo 3 looking bad or really rough. I think it looks pretty damn good and Nintendo has taken great strides to reduce the amount they show off before release and it’s time in the oven doesn’t freaking matter.

Like Kirby is launching in a scant few weeks and we’ve barely seen anything. Given Nintendo is publishing the team could easily have way more to show for their “5 years of work” but someone at either Nin/Plat or both has simply choosen to show minimal stuff as they are confident in it.

It'd be one thing to say Bayonetta 3 looked rough, but then call out Bayonetta 2 sales (which I don't think sold any worse than most of their games? And obviously satisfied Nintendo else they wouldn't have moved forward with 3) and hope for Platinum to get bought out by a big publisher that will focus them on PS/Xbox... Almost sounds like veiled console warring tbh

What a waste of time that trailer was. I should know better than to stay up late for a Capcom announcement.

Back
Top Bottom