• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

Your most recent videogame related purchase.

Here are my gaming purchases throughout September, October, and November 2022:

7CzXBi6.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - I purchased the game on release and was very lucky to be immediately available when the Collector's Edition became available on the Nintendo store - I think the website crashed almost straight after after my payment cleared. I already have the collector's editions for X/2/DE, so I'm glad I managed to get this one too.

Silent Hill HD Collection - I've always wanted to own this - for two reasons. Firstly out of morbid curiosity regarding the games' overall state. Secondly because I don't otherwise own either game - I borrowed a friend's copy of Silent Hill 2 in circa 2008/9 (but never owned a copy) and have neither played nor owned Silent Hill 3. I generally have a high tolerance for poor or sloppy ports, so I'm expecting to find the games far more enjoyable than the general online consensus would suggest.

Tekken Hybrid - This is a HD port of Tekken Tag Tournament, bundled together with the Tekken Blood Vengeance film and a demo for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I remember reading about this when it was first announced but completely forgot about it until I watched Slope's Game Room's "Tekken: The Complete History" a few months ago. I never owned the original Tekken Tag Tournament, but played friends' copies heavily during the early PS2 era.

Shinobi - This is one of the last 3DS games I wanted that I hadn't purchased and I found a copy at the most recent London Gaming Market.

NIS Classics Volume 3 - This contains enhanced ports of La Pucelle Tactics and Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - neither of which I have played before. I also have the first two volumes in my backlog.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - I've never played the Ace Attorney games, so I bought the Japanese physical release of the first 3 games on Switch.

Pokemon Scarlet - I'm playing this right now and am personally really enjoying the gameplay and exploration. I just can't believe that the game launched with this level of visual glitches of poor framerates.

Pokken Tournament DX - This is one of the few WiiU > Switch ports I've bought as I never got round to buying or playing the original. I'm a fan of both the Pokemon and Tekken series, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this.

The World Ends With You: Final Remix - I found a pre-owned copy for a very reasonable price, so I bought it. I have the DS original and it immediately became one of my favourite games on the system - I'll forever associate it with a series of flights during which I played it near constantly.

SaGa Frontier / Romancing SaGa 2 / SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions - I've never played any of the games in the SaGa series, but I also purchased the Switch port of Romancing SaGa 3 earlier this year. I'll make a start on one of them early next year.

Persona 5 Royal - I played the original Persona 5 shortly after it's Western release in April 2017, but professional exams at the time meant I never got into the game as much as I hoped. I intended to replay the game when Atlus released the inevitable enhanced re-release, but never got round to buying Royal on the PS4 - so a portable Switch version is perfect for me!

Trails from Zero - Having loved the Trails in the Sky games, I've always wanted to be able to play the Crossbell duology. I'm glad I can play this now and will also buy Trails to Azure when it releases on Switch early next year.

Going on a 3DS eShop shopping spree before the store closes in 2 months.

Here are my recent physical purchases during December 2022 and January 2023:

yBjqkqy.jpg

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy - I'm pretty sure I played 2/3 of the original releases on the PS2, but I've been meaning to get back into the series and considered this the best place to start.

Puppeteer - This was one of the more valuable PS3 games that I had regretted not buying on or shortly after release (3D Dot Game Heroes is another). However, I was lucky and found a very reasonably priced Australian copy on Ebay. There's now not too many PS3 games left on my "to buy" list.

Ys Origin - I played this immediately upon purchase and it's definitely up there as one of my favourite Action RPGs. Highly recommended.

Ori: The Collection - I've heard only great things about these games, so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection - I've never actually played Turtles in Time, so game alone makes this worthwhile.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R - I still need to catch up with anime, but I'll be playing this straight afterwards.

Diofield Chronicles - I forgot to pick it up at release, but I've read very good things about this.

Fire Emblem: Engage - This is what I'm playing at the moment and I'm loving it.

I'm seriously tuning down my purchases until a new Switch is announced and BC is confirmed (yes I realize it might be years, but I have a very, very large backlog so don't care). This means for me - overall no more Nintendo games (with maybe, maybe an exception or two, if they perform well on my Switch), and a sprinkling of third parties.

So, November - bought nothing
December - Chained Echoes (great RPG! buy buy buy!), and in a moment of weakness Crisis Core FFVII Reunion
January - The Excavation of Hob's Barrow (very enjoyable horror point and click!)
February - will definitely buy Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society on the 14th, quite probably will buy Octopath II

Jokes aside, I heard that the Alan Wake Remastered port on Switch has a lot performance issues?
Very late report - I played Alan Wake Remastered sometime later and as I recall it, for me it was fine overall. Played handheld only and had a good time, I guess I must be blind or something. Caveat - I don't read DF/watch reports nor do I watch any comparison videos.

Metroid Prime remaster(played the digital version but really wanted a physical copy - impossible to purchase on Amazon so I drove around to a few stores for it)

Octopath 2 on Switch - dude at Best Buy had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the game. He had to go to the back area(inventory) to find it after I showed it to him on my phone.

Harry Potter on PS5 - friend got this for me as a gift. In the middle of two other games but I'll get around to it after.

Got Portal: Companion Collection on sale on the eshop and eBaseball Power Pros with gold coins.

Guess what day today is? That’s right, it’s Metroid day! The HK/Taiwan version of Metroid Prime Remastered (密特羅德 究極 復刻版) came with a nice A4 folder. It’s the second Metroid game to be officially localized in Chinese (after Dread) ever since Nintendo began bringing their IPs to Chinese-speaking regions this gen. I love Metroid, so I hope more people in Chinese-speaking regions will become exposed to the IP and continue to grow up with Samus by their side!

It’s always interesting to do two play throughs just to see how the localization differs between English and Chinese. For example, the Chinese version follows the Japanese script with Phendrana Drifts being translated as 冰凍山谷 (Ice Valley) instead. Can’t wait for Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid 6!

Rf3ravE.jpg
qx6sQAE.jpg

Unsure about stock situation, but I’ll keep an eye out to see if this version is also under stocked like in other regions.

100.jpg
Not really recent but recent enough for me! 🙂

Took a while but finally got the maximum 100 stickers in Disney Magical World [Disney Magic Castle in Japan which is the better title imo]! Was stuck on 98 for ages but luckily, the Royal and Moonlight Ball episodes aren't as difficult as the Masked Ball.

Such a charming game with fantastic attention to detail and a truly bewildering array of items and themes. Maxed out outfits, farming, fishing and food collection. And the 300 card collection too.

One of the few games I just enjoy running around in, in the different seasons just for the fun of it and talking to and doing errands for the inhabitants.

The sticker progression structure totally brings the game together and gives it the form and structure others in the genre lack. What's that other game you say? Cross Dressing? Animal Petting? Well, whatever. 😁

An under appreciated and under rated gem.

There is such a version? Would be great if it comes to Europe too. :(
One of the Amazon-reviews (not mine):

Just a random comment in English here. I'm from Spain, so if you're Spanish or a Western European this can be helpful to you.

Item arrived in a few days, just four days from Japan. The game is a full, complete version. It has both DLC and all the patches. It also has all languages, including English, Spanish and I suppose German, French and such. It is also fully compatible with our saves, so you can continue your adventure with this game card.

In terms of collection and game preservation, this is the ultimate version of the game. Highly recommended if that thing is important to you.

One of the Amazon-reviews (not mine):
Regarding the language part, since the Switch isn't region locked every game will always be automatically in the language your Switch is as long as the game supports that language.

Regarding the language part, since the Switch isn't region locked every game will always be automatically in the language your Switch is as long as the game supports that language.
Some titles are language locked by region. Xenoblade 2 and Splatoon 2 are examples of first party games that only had Japanese language on their Japanese Release. Shin Megami Tensei V is another example of game that the Japanese language is the only one available in the Japanese release.

Just grabbed Luigi's Mansion 3 on sale. I actually haven't played 2 and I'm debating grabbing that before the 3DS eShop closes.

Today is the last day for 3DS eShop purchases. The store closes tomorrow. Capcom has one nice sale going on.

3DS: Wario Land, Wario Land 2, Super Mario Bros. 3
Wii U: Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Zack And Wiki, Metroid Zero Mission

Didn’t want to go crazy and just buy stuff because of FOMO so I only bought stuff I was reasonably certain I would play (or only cost 3 bucks like Z&W). Farewell Virtual Console, it’s been nice knowing you.

pTklAqD.jpg

nXjOWf7.jpg

Imported Ys Oath in Felghana Switch, and got Nayuta with it because it was pretty cheap. Played Felghana on PC before, it's my favorite Ys game so I had to have it and that soundtrack lol.

Here are my recent physical purchases throughout February, March, and April 2023:

DggBKQA.jpg

Spirit Camera - This is a game I've had my eye on for several years, despite not having the best reviews. I imagine this will only increase in value and I saw a very reasonably priced copy on Ebay, so I decided to finally buy it. I'm a fan of the wider Project Zero / Fatal Frame series, so I'm curious to try this out.

Inazuma Eleven GO: Shadow - This Italian copy of the game came bundled with my copy of Spirit Camera. I've only previously played the first DS Inazuma Eleven game and quite enjoyed it.

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered - This the last of the (current) Switch SaGa games that I needed to buy. Hopefully we'll also get SaGa Frontier 2 and Unlimited SaGa remasters in due course.

GrimGrimoire OnceMore - I never played the PS2 original, so I was excited to play this. I really enjoyed this remaster and it easily lived up to my expectations.

Octopath Traveller II - I haven't got around to playing this, but I loved every other Team Asano game that I've played.

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - The original games were a big part of my childhood, so I've been exited for this since it was announced a long time ago.

Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remasters - Having missed the availability on the Square-Enix store, I imported a copy from Play Asia which arrived recently.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse - This was the only remaining game in the series that I didn't own, so I imported a physical copy.

Kowloon High School Chronicle - I had never even heard of this game before the remaster was announced and I'm intrigued to see what it is like.

Trails to Azure - I've wanted to play this for so long and it's incredible to think that we've finally got both Crossbell arc games in English.

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line - Curtain Call was one of my most played 3DS games and I expect this will be the same by the end of the Switch's life.

Everyone on ToTK hype while i am playing future redeemed with gotta protectors lol.

I forgot about this thread. This year I've only purchased 3 games, but all were Limited Editions. Mostly because I've gotten little time to play (also because I spent a lot on a FGO figure, but that's another story).

pic.jpg

Pikmin 4.

Loved Pikmin 3 Deluxe. I was 8 when the last Pikmin released in 2013, so it feels like a ‘once in a life‘ event.

I just got a boxed Commodore 128, a 1 mb extension for my Amiga 600 and a PiStorm600

Here's my purchases for May and June:

7l7vwOd.jpg

Zelda: ToTK - I only completed this a few weeks ago after spending circa 100 hours to see most of what the game has to offer. I never loved BotW as much as most other people, but this game blew me away and is easily my Game of the Year so far.

Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection - I only ever got into the series through the 3DS games, so this will enable me to experience the original three titles. I imported a copy that whilst not cheap, is still much more affordable that copies of the original DS games.

Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - I'm glad these games finally have English translations and I can't wait to try these out.

Yakuza: Dead Souls - As a fan of the series, this was one of the PS3 exclusives that I always regretted not buying shortly after on or shortly after release - before it shot up in value. However, I was very fortunate to find a reasonably priced UK copy on Ebay for £40 - i.e. original retail price.

Folklore - This is another PS3 exclusive off my "to buy" list. I remember being interested in the game when it was first announced, but never actually paid too much attention to it post launch and never bought a copy until now.

Finally my most awaited games of the year (so far) arrived. And as an extra I also got both Fate/Extella games (it took me many tries to put up that game tower without the Fate games falling off immediately).

tenmp.jpg

went and bought like every ff entry available on switch bc i haven’t got a ps5 yet and i’m getting fomo from all the xvi talk 💔💔💔

also pikmin 4 aka gotg

Back
Top Bottom