• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

God of War Ragnarök is the fastest-selling first party launch game in PlayStation history , Selling through 5.1M in Its Launch Week

She says a lot of stuff, like other wannabe insiders do.

No reason to believe she knows what Sony internal expectations were, or that she was aware of the game actual sales. Anyone could've predicted that this game would do more than 3.5M considering the first already did close to that.

Yeah, i mean who didn’t think this game would sell over 3.5 million in a week? it would have been disappointing if it didn’t do that in 3 days.

It’s the safest prediction ever

Its amazing that despite having Japan sales minimal (50-70k) it still beat the record, imagine if it was a big seller in Japan selling at least Marvels Spiderman numbers
Pathetic... If sony really wants to label itself in the same bracket as Nintendo.. 5.1 million in a week just is not going to cut it.. lol
Do you seriously think that 5.1 million in only one plataform its not good?

Elden Ring sold 12.3 million in 3 plataforms after 21 days and it was a BIG sucess

Do we know what the break down is between ps4 and ps5?

In Europe it was 69/31 in favor of PS5 for the launch month. Think that's the only data we have.

Since PS5 stock in EU was awful in comparison to US, I imagine the split is even more favorable for PS5 in that region.

I mean in my country you could only get a PS5 bundled with GoW it was impossible to get to the console unbundled. I think this is unprecedented?

11m. Just incredible. Even If you are not a fan of GoW, Sony or gaming in General...man, you just have to respect the hard quality work of Santa Monica! Incredible!!

Big big number. GoW probably has chance of staying on top even against Spidey 2 i feel at this point.

Pretty impressive.
In the Play2/Play3 era, the sales are very good, but not phenomenal.
Now, is in another level.
More than 60 million copies for the franchise.

Amazing numbers. GoW is the prime example of how to do a reboot right. Must be PlayStation's biggest original IP right?

QWeQiCD.png

Crazy how effortlessly—although it obviously requires a ton of effort—their first-party group manages to keep putting out singleplayer blockbusters that cross 10 million units. Death Stranding and Returnal are the two exceptions, although I'm willing to cut DS a tremendous amount of slack for being one of the most original and inventive games of the past decade.

They really do have this down to a science, and this list doesn't even include Spider-Man. And on that note, I'm very curious to see what they can pull off with Wolverine in terms of its lifetime sales.

Sony can finally make a sequel to PS All-Stars and not look silly.

PlayStation Sad Dads Battle Royale.

QWeQiCD.png

Crazy how effortlessly—although it obviously requires a ton of effort—their first-party group manages to keep putting out singleplayer blockbusters that cross 10 million units. Death Stranding and Returnal are the two exceptions, although I'm willing to cut DS a tremendous amount of slack for being one of the most original and inventive games of the past decade.

They really do have this down to a science, and this list doesn't even include Spider-Man. And on that note, I'm very curious to see what they can pull off with Wolverine in terms of its lifetime sales.
To be fair Sony's push on single-player blockbuster titles had its downside by cutting costs elsewhere, which resulted in studio shutdowns and a less diverse portfolio as a whole. It's especially evident in their FPS and multiplayer offering which has been lagging. Good on them for nabbing Bungie to get in-house talent. Although it didn't come cheap.

Really great and well deserved sales! Ragnarok is one of my favorite games of all time. That being said, I do expect Spiderman 2 to break every record that Ragnarok is setting.

Back
Top Bottom