• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PS5/XBS Stock Watch: 2024 and Beyond

He said it before and I am not sure personally but who knows.

I wonder if any investors ask about this

Walmart.com has now ran out of Series X. Third party sellers now 💀

So it looks like Series X is back on Walmart.com and Best Buy is currently having an event for the Series X.

September 2022 Full Month (August 28 - October 01)

PS5 - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource Post
1AmazonSource
2GameStop / Walmart / Amazon / Sony DirectSource
3Amazon / CostcoSource
4Amazon / Sony DirectSource
5Walmart / Amazon / AntonlineSource

Xbox Series - NPD: ???
Week #StoresSource
1AmazonSource
2AmazonSource
3AmazonSource
4AmazonSource
5AmazonSource

Notes
Major Amazon update: The Xbox Series S vanished from the rankings June 17th and hasn't come back. This isn't due to a drop in sales, even previous months results have disappeared. I don't know why this happened.

Amazon full month rankings: #9 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 / #17 Xbox Series X $499 / (Amazon full month goes from September 01 to September 30) Source | PS5 $499 was also sold some weeks but not enough to enter the Top 100

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at every major and small retailer.

Xbox Series X was in stock at Walmart, Best Buy, and the MS Store the whole month. Target ran out mid way through.

Target now sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

Amazon sold PS5 and Series X every week in September.

September should be a better month than August for PS5. Walmart and Sony Direct managed to keep units in stock multiple days after initial drops multiple times. Target would also be a silent seller. We also have other reports of increased shipments YOY and Chris Doing hearing that September was the best stock has been in a year.

Xbox might not have the best results. Target began running out of stock part way into September which has not recovered. Right at the start of October (outside of this tracking) Best Buy sold out of Series X, so it's possible stock was running out towards the end of the month.

Last edited:
October 2022 - Week 3 (October 16 - October 22)

PS5
October 17: Amazon
October 20: Walmart [1]
October 21: Amazon

Xbox Series
October 17: Amazon
October 21: Best Buy [2]

[1]

[2]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #12 Xbox Series X $499 / #16 PS5 Digital Horizon Bundle $449 /#20 PS5 Digital $399 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was October 17 - October 23) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at all major and smaller retailers

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

**Series X is available at Walmart and the Microsoft Store and has been since at least last week.

Last edited:
I wonder if Sony moving PS5 to 6nm will free more space to Microsoft make more 7nm Xbox Series X.

Hell, if 6nm is not cheaper than 7nm, it would better to MS to not move on. Stay with 7nm, make more consoles, and at a cheaper cost.

I wonder if Sony moving PS5 to 6nm will free more space to Microsoft make more 7nm Xbox Series X.

Hell, if 6nm is not cheaper than 7nm, it would better to MS to not move on. Stay with 7nm, make more consoles, and at a cheaper cost.
There should be no issue anymore with getting waver capacity.
If anything, other components might be responsible for shortages.

But the PS5 move to 6nm should have a minimal effect.
6nm and 7nm use a lot of the same production capacity.

So Series X is selling +1,000 just on the Wal-Mart website in a day, could be much higher than that seeing as I've yet to find an item that has shown above 1K

Amazon had the PS5 Digital on sale for the first time since the weekly drops started.

I don't think XSS has ever been in short supply in the US, honestly. It's always been readily available pretty much since launch
Series S did not become somewhat available until September 2021, then fully available in December.

Holiday Promotions Roundup

PS5

XBS

November 17: Xbox Series S Holiday SKU $249 [Costco $239]
November 28: Xbox Series S $299 + Modern Warfare 2 [Target]

Last edited:
That's what I meant.
First is was Black Friday. Then BF and Thanksgiving evening. Then the whole weekend. Than the whole week.

And now a deal 1 full week before Thanksgiving.
Need to see what other retailers will do.
There have been smaller deals before Black Friday week proper before. It's true that they've been moving the start of it earlier and earlier though

Costco is also a tiny retailer so they are probably looking to snag early sales before Series S attention gets taken up by the bigger game retailers.

That's what I meant.
First is was Black Friday. Then BF and Thanksgiving evening. Then the whole weekend. Than the whole week.

And now a deal 1 full week before Thanksgiving.
Need to see what other retailers will do.
Here, in Brazil, they created things like "Black week", "Black november", etc.

Finally great deals for Series S, I think it will do very well, this console is perfect for the holiday shopping season.

So far in the dual console era, the cheaper Xbox failed to outsell the best Xbox One holiday on its own. I wonder if that will ever change.

Might be hard for both Series X and S combined this year.
But stock should not be the main issue this year for the first time.
So if it does not happen, demand and economic conditions will be at fault.

Last edited:
Playstation got the biggest marketing deals, with CoD and FIFA, and have God of War Ragnarok. Starfield getting delayed may hurt Xbox, but i believe some good shows on TGA could help somehow.

So far in the dual console era, the cheaper Xbox failed to outsell the best Xbox One holiday on its own. I wonder if that will ever change.

this year in Q4 of 2022 xbox series x/s will sell easily 5-6 million, a success for MS, and in the first 6 months of 2023 with redfall, forza and starfield and packs at 250 dollars and 500 dollars with game , they are going to sell a lot

Honestly didn't expect such steep sales for Series S. I thought best we would see if maybe full price and a game like FIFA or full price and 3 months GPU. Not $240 at Costco.

Was not aware this was the case. If that's the case, I would attribute it to these reasons. These are just my personal opinions:

1. The lack of any AAA 1st party titles this entire year have stunted growth of Xbox. In particular, the delay of Starfield has really hurt growth.

2. The Xbox brand/mindshare is still trying to recover from Xbox One era. Most of the goodwill they captured from 360 era was mostly lost during the Xbox One era. Since then, it's been a continued, uphill battle for Microsoft to try and regain this back.

3. The PlayStation brand/mindshare is just so dominant worldwide right now and it's going to be very difficult for Microsoft to convince consumers to buy Xbox instead of PlayStation. I would put the PlayStation brand/mindshare up there with the best brands out there right now, like Nintendo, Apple, etc. That by itself is going to be extremely difficult to overcome. Sony and PlayStation have some of the most dedicated consumers out there.

Having stated the above, I do believe, however, that Xbox will have a better generation this time around than Xbox One when all is said and done. They are investing heavily into games this generation, unlike the Xbox One era. And once the 1st party AAA releases start coming at a hopefully steady pace, growth should pick up significantly.

I also want to add that while console sales are still very much an important metric, the focus should be on subscription sales (Game Pass) as well. Assuming Microsoft is able to grow Game Pass significantly as the generation progresses, that will become a much bigger factor as time goes by.

Honestly didn't expect such steep sales for Series S. I thought best we would see if maybe full price and a game like FIFA or full price and 3 months GPU. Not $240 at Costco.
Think of it like there was a game bundled. $60 games were bundled last gen and the equivalent price difference for bundles would be $50. New gen games being $70 means the cost of the console this gen would be $60 less (the PS5 MW2 Bundle is $559).

A $239 Series S would be the cost of the console if there were a $70 game bundled, basically.

Think of it like there was a game bundled. $60 games were bundled last gen and the equivalent price difference for bundles would be $50. New gen games being $70 means the cost of the console this gen would be $60 less (the PS5 MW2 Bundle is $559).

A $239 Series S would be the cost of the console if there were a $70 game bundled, basically.
I mostly wasn't expecting a raw price cut no-bundle y'know? max $30 off the top with maybe some goodies thrown in. I know like in the MW2 bundle it's basically $230 + $70 and a good deal if you were intending on getting it anyway, but the option of a vanilla Series S for $240 is pretty wild to see already.

this year in Q4 of 2022 xbox series x/s will sell easily 5-6 million, a success for MS, and in the first 6 months of 2023 with redfall, forza and starfield and packs at 250 dollars and 500 dollars with game , they are going to sell a lot
It would be great if Microsoft could "easily sell 5~6 million" Xbox this quarter, but i don't know if will happen.

It would be great if Microsoft could "easily sell 5~6 million" Xbox this quarter, but i don't know if will happen.
Q4 2021 xbox sold 4.1-4.2 million, this year it will easily exceed that figure with sales of series s +COD and series x at 450-500 $

I don't think it will cost too much to read 5 or 6 million, the truth.

This will be the first year since 2012 that Xbox has sold more than 10-11 million in a calendar year.

and 2023 starts strong with redfall, forza and starfield in its first 6 months

October 2022 - Week 4 (October 23 - October 29)

PS5
October 24: Amazon / Best Buy [1]
October 26: Best Buy [2]
October 28: Walmart / Sony Direct [3][4]

Xbox Series
October 24: Amazon
October 28: Target [5]

[1]

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #9 PS5 Digital Horizon Bundle $449 /#29 PS5 Digital $399 / #35 Xbox Series X $499 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was October 24 - October 30) Source

Xbox Series S is in stock at all major and smaller retailers

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

**Series X is available at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and the Microsoft Store and has been since at least last week.

Last edited:
Q4 2021 xbox sold 4.1-4.2 million, this year it will easily exceed that figure with sales of series s +COD and series x at 450-500 $

I don't think it will cost too much to read 5 or 6 million, the truth.

This will be the first year since 2012 that Xbox has sold more than 10-11 million in a calendar year.

and 2023 starts strong with redfall, forza and starfield in its first 6 months

Do you have a link to those figures. PS5 only shipped 3.9 million units last year during Q4. Wasn’t aware MS started releasing shipment data.

Do you have a link to those figures. PS5 only shipped 3.9 million units last year during Q4. Wasn’t aware MS started releasing shipment data.
He's referring to my estimated shipment results based on hardware revenue for the quarter.

I have a thread to collects Xbox's revenue and I've separately done calculations to work out hardware sales here https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...re-revenue-2014-present-as-of-march-2022.108/

I have to actually update that thread with more recent results.

Fortnite bundles became the new Minecraft bundles pretty quick.
I don't like it.
More variety pls. Hope that will happen in 2023 with more first party releases

Last year's bundle but with Fall Guys lmao

Back
Top Bottom