• Akira Toriyama passed away

Let's all commemorate together his legendary work and his impact here

PS5/XBS Stock Watch: 2024 and Beyond

I have a 3DO as well. My dad still had it for Star Control 2. Neat console despite the sales failure.

If they made their own consoles the over 2 million sales may have been enough to break even. But there would be a lot of upfront costs that 3Do likely wouldn't be able to handle, which is why they licensed out in the first place. It was a neat idea to enter the industry with a console without initial expense, but it backfired on them with the launch price for a year and a half, and they had to put in ore support to help the manufactures when they did drop the price losing money in the end anyway.

Or they Trip could have just used EA to make the console. I think things would be radically different right now if he did, instead of leaving to form the startup 3DO.

The Target Series S sale started today and I'd say it was a success. I checked yesterday and Florida had decent stock at a lot of stores and now they are nearly all gone.

Target probably gets wiped of their Series S inventory by Saturday if Microsoft doesn't send more this week

Think they are phasing out the horizon bundles as there have been the regular physical edition consoles restocked this past week

Probably getting ready to supply those COD bundles plus whatever other game bundle they might have, like GOW.

Think they are phasing out the horizon bundles as there have been the regular physical edition consoles restocked this past week

Yeah, been happening here in europe. The bundled game is now FIFA.

Probably getting ready to supply those COD bundles plus whatever other game bundle they might have, like GOW.

No FIFA bundles in US?

It was 54:46 PS4:XB1

Difference of 5M. 34.4M vs 29M

Not sure where you got that, but it's not too different from the 33 vs. 28 I saw.

That's actually pretty competitive really. Is there a yearly break down comparing the two? I'm curious if the Xbox One always sold well in the US compared tot he PS4, or if sales dropped and then came back later.

Based on what?
That was what got posted in the NPD thread.

unknown.png

NPD typically doesn't go past 1995 for data today but that is what they have for 4th gen.

Actually @Celine could that and NES be Wedbush's estimates? They are cited alongside NPD

September 2022 - Week 3 (September 11 - September 17)

PS5
September 12: Amazon
September 13: Costco [1]

Xbox Series
September 12: Amazon

[1]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #10 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 / #15 Xbox Series X $499 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was September 12 - September 18) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Xbox Series S is in stock at all major and smaller retailers

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

**Series X is available at Walmart, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store and has been since at least last week.

Last edited:
September 2022 - Week 4 (September 18 - September 24)

PS5
September 19: Amazon
September 21: Sony Direct [1]

Xbox Series
September 19: Amazon

[1]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #6 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 / #21 Xbox Series X $499 / #89 PS5 $499 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was September 19 - September 25) Source

Best Buy is selling units in store on a store by store basis. These sales don't get announced, but online drops will still be reported.

Microsoft has been sending out emails with direct links to buying an Xbox Series X

Target sells Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in store as stores get units, no longer on event schedule.

**Series X is available at Walmart, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store and has been since at least last week.

Last edited:
September 2022 - Week 5 (September 25 - October 01)

PS5
September 26: Amazon
September 28: Walmart [1]
September 29: Antonline [2]

Xbox Series
September 26: Amazon

[1]

[2]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #10 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 / #55 Xbox Series X $499 / #99 PS5 $499 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was September 26 - October 02) Source

Last edited:
What is that an $800 bundle? People desperate in these streets.
Thankfully the PS5 is much more available the past few weeks at standard pricing.

Even if "standard" is the increased official bundle pricing

October 2022 - Week 1 (October 02 - October 08)

PS5
October 03: Amazon
October 05: Sony Direct [1]
October 06: Sony Direct [2]

Xbox Series
October 6: Target [3]

[1]

[2]

[3]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #26 PS5 Horizon Bundle $549 (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was October 03 - October 09) Source

**Series X is available at Walmart and the Microsoft Store and has been since at least last week.

Last edited:
So over the past month or so the PS5 has been staying in stock for days at a time while Series X has been running dry.

I'd say the Target Series S deal was successful. They managed to replenish stock all 3 days.

Hmm, so I just looked on Germany's Amazon website, and they're selling three PlayStation 5 sku's, each sku selling for the exact same price of 480 Euro:

PS5 console by itself - 480 Euro
Horizon Forbidden West PS5 bundle - 480 Euro
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart PS5 bundle - 480 Euro

And these are all in stock right now. This is the first time I've ever seen a PS5 discounted.

Last edited:
Hmm, so I just looked on Germany's Amazon website, and they're selling three PlayStation 5 sku's, each sku selling for the exact same price of 480 Euro:

PS5 console by itself - 480 Euro
Horizon Forbidden West PS5 bundle - 480 Euro
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart PS5 bundle - 480 Euro

And these are all in stock right now. This is the first time I've ever seen a PS5 discounted.
Nop. Those are hacked third party seller shops to scam people out of money. Super common on Amazon

Oh wow - wasn't even aware this was a thing on Amazon.
For being one of the biggest tech companies in the world, Amazon is really bad at preemptively, blocking such things via AI or other measures.
But then again, this happens on all platforms. Last 2 times I tried to sell a PS+ Code on Ebay, the buyer was a hacked account trying to scam me.

Human review would catch those shops immediately.
It's always the same behavior, shops that normally sell toys, children clothing, home wear or other stuff, are now offering high demand electronics for the cheapest price.
That's how you spot them.

October 2022 - Week 2 (October 09 - October 15)

PS5
October 09: GameStop [1]
October 14: Amazon / Sony Direct [2]

Xbox Series
October 12: Walmart / Best Buy [3]
October 14: Amazon

[1]

[2]

[3]

Notes
Amazon rankings for the week: #43 Xbox Series X $499 [PS5 Horizon was available it just didn't chart] (Amazon weeks are from Monday to Sunday, so this week was October 10 - October 16) Source

**Series X is available at Walmart and the Microsoft Store and has been since at least last week.

Last edited:
I don't know about those Xbox numbers but maybe they are for some bundles that'll be announced later. Standard Series X stock is awful right now.

I guess Series S build up is also possible. They didn't have a lot last holiday and if the Target early Black Friday deal was any indication, they might do a $249 deal.

Good to know that this is shipping freight data so the rising costs of shipping and delays from last year will become a factor in terms of comparisons.

I don't know how many PS5s Sony shipped in September last year, but if it had shipped even 200k (and it probably shipped much more than that), the +400% YoY probably means that this year, in September alone, Sony has already shipped 1 million of PS5s in the US.
Absolutely insane, the holidays of PS5 will be HUGE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom